Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Royal Blue w/ Ebony Interior

I picked it up today:

Old 12-24-2005, 10:49 PM
Instructor

The interior...

I meant to get a picture of the odometer at 3 miles, but forgot 'til I was down the road a bit. I didn't feel like I was going 80:

Old 12-24-2005, 10:53 PM
Instructor

Thumbs down However....

...there was a slight snag:

Some f..., well someone ran into my old car yesterday on the way to work. Fortunately, the damage isn't too bad. Unfortunately, I don't think he has any insurance. Un/forunately, my mother had already purchased it.

Why couldn't have been a nice commercial vehicle with lots of good commercial insurance?
Old 12-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Beautiful combination!

RBP is simply STUNNING! It looks really great with ebony interior. Congrats!
Old 12-24-2005, 10:57 PM
Instructor

Thanks! I'll get some more pix in the sun (although they're predicting rain for tomorrow)...
Old 12-24-2005, 11:19 PM
TSX4EVR

Congratulations on your new 06 Roayl Blue Pearl TSX. Looks super. Great colour choice!

Merry Christmas

Excited
Old 12-25-2005, 01:11 AM
Advanced

Woohoo! Congrats JohnnyCNote! I got the same combo 3 days ago. I'm pretty sure it was Exited's influence. After all of his posts about it, I had to see it in person. I'm sooo glad I did. I am getting so many stares in my "Jewel". Kinda upset that a bug decided to commit suicide and splatter his carcass on my beautiful new car. I know...pathetic . Hey, do people keep trying to race you guys???
Old 12-25-2005, 02:07 AM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

Haha, so that's one confirmed RBP buyer influenced by Excited and one confirmed RBP buyer influenced by me. The RBP lover numbers are ever increasing.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:00 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 165 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by swirlie
Haha, so that's one confirmed RBP buyer influenced by Excited and one confirmed RBP buyer influenced by me. The RBP lover numbers are ever increasing.
DOWN WITH THE RBP OWNERS. NBP OWNERS GROUP OWN ALL hahahahaha.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:01 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by srenitynow
Woohoo! Congrats JohnnyCNote! I got the same combo 3 days ago. I'm pretty sure it was Exited's influence. After all of his posts about it, I had to see it in person. I'm sooo glad I did. I am getting so many stares in my "Jewel". Kinda upset that a bug decided to commit suicide and splatter his carcass on my beautiful new car. I know...pathetic . Hey, do people keep trying to race you guys???
You should look into getting addicted to car detailing (if you are not already). Thats what happened to me after the TSX. Now I have a trillion things to keep my car ultra sexy clean and nice looking.
Old 12-25-2005, 03:02 AM
Senior Moderator

CONGRATS Johnny
Old 12-25-2005, 03:26 AM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

Man, that RBP is beautiful, like a gem. If they'd had it in '04, I might have had a hard time not getting it (except my previous car was basically that color). Still, great color! Congratulations on your new TSX!
Old 12-25-2005, 05:26 AM
Safety Car

Received 1,395 Likes on 700 Posts
Angry Buttons

Those 2 blank buttons on the left - next to the moonroof buttons still bother me. I would think that bi now they would have used those for something ...
Old 12-25-2005, 11:05 AM
TSX4EVR

Congrats on your purchase as well and Merry Christmas. The RBP still surprises me everyday with another gorgeous shade of blue.

No bugs flying around here. I have been obsessing about not getting the doors dinged in the parking lots during the Christmas craze. I have been parking as far away as possible from any other car. Two days ago I did this and when I came back from the store another TSX parked two stalls away from me out in the middle of no where. It was silver with a spoiler. I felt the TSX brotherhood love.

West6MT black is awesome, but Royal Blue Pearl is the top jewel in the crown!!!

Excited
Old 12-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Instructor

Thanks again to everyone!
Old 12-25-2005, 12:33 PM
9th Gear

Congratulations and Merry Christmas!
Royal Blue Pearl is a really nice color.
Old 12-25-2005, 12:57 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by West6MT
You should look into getting addicted to car detailing (if you are not already). Thats what happened to me after the TSX. Now I have a trillion things to keep my car ultra sexy clean and nice looking.
I think it's inevitable. I was on the Zaino site last night. I realized I was a tad paranoid yesterday as I drove frantically zigzagging out of a speedbump laden parking lot full of bomb dropping grackels. Didn't remember they were there until I left Blockbuster. Didn't care when I had the Toyota. Nasty freakin' birds. I swear it's like the Hitchcock movie.
Old 12-25-2005, 01:31 PM
TSX4EVR

I think it's inevitable. I was on the Zaino site last night. I realized I was a tad paranoid yesterday as I drove frantically zigzagging out of a speedbump laden parking lot full of bomb dropping grackels. Didn't remember they were there until I left Blockbuster. Didn't care when I had the Toyota. Nasty freakin' birds. I swear it's like the Hitchcock movie.

Not a lot of grackels around here, so I had to look them up! Kind of like a starling.

I can remember visiting Daytona and the pelicans had a regular bombing route and my rental car was the site of a concentrated attack. Now that was a mess.

Excited
Old 12-25-2005, 01:46 PM
Instructor

I parked under a tree once, hoping the shade would keep the car cool. When I came back 2-3 hours later, a flock of crows had chosen perch on that same tree. My car looked liked it had sat out there for months! It was unbelievable how much s*** they dropped on it. I had to get it washed immediately.

In fact, it happened a couple of times under that same tree. I don't know what was so special about it. There were plenty of other trees right there.....
Old 12-25-2005, 04:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by excited
Not a lot of grackels around here, so I had to look them up! Kind of like a starling.

I can remember visiting Daytona and the pelicans had a regular bombing route and my rental car was the site of a concentrated attack. Now that was a mess.

Excited
They are twice as big as a starling and similar to crows. The kind we have here are Great Tailed (18 "). They come out at dusk and swoop back and forth all night crapping on cars. If you look at a tree you realize it crammed with them. The filthy, squawking things like to hang out by the hundreds in bright shopping centers where the lights scare off natural predators. Looks like I'll be doing any shopping on my lunch hour. Must protect the precious.
Old 12-25-2005, 05:52 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont see any pics.
Old 12-25-2005, 06:00 PM
Instructor

Am I the only idiot that can't see the pics?
Old 12-25-2005, 06:59 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
bump for re-up of pics.
Old 12-25-2005, 07:37 PM
Instructor

You mean the pix I posted? They're still there - at least I just checked and they are still where I uploaded them. Let me know if you still have probs, or check here:

http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/c/jclind/tsx/tsxfront1.jpg
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/c/jclind/tsx/tsxside2.jpg
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/c/jclind/tsx/tsxside1.jpg
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/c/jclind/tsx/tsxrear1.jpg
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/c/jclind/tsx/tsxrear2.jpg
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/c/jclind/tsx/tsxint1.jpg
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/c/jclind/tsx/tsxint2.jpg
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/c/jclind/tsx/tsxdash1.jpg
http://bellsouthpwp.net/j/c/jclind/tsx/odo1.jpg
Old 12-25-2005, 11:28 PM
Swinger, just ask Lindy

DOWN WITH THE RBP OWNERS. NBP OWNERS GROUP OWN ALL hahahahaha.
Somebody's not quite as secure in his "nbp owners group own all", is he? Can't handle a little competition, eh? The upstart RBPs are gaining ground!
Old 12-25-2005, 11:31 PM
Instructor

Well, it would be boring if all Acuras were Royal Blue. Someone's gotta drive the other colors....
Old 12-25-2005, 11:58 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Took the car to 80mph before breaking it in? ouch! my car just hit 75mph for the first time this past friday, after 400 miles are on it. it's at 550 now, and thinking i might break it open on the ride home.

Long live ROYAL BLUE PEARL!!!!

i must say, for how much i initially liked the ebony interior, i'm so glad i went with the parchment, i love the contrast of the colors.
Old 12-26-2005, 12:25 AM
Instructor

I didn't really think much about the interior color, but I'm not unhappy with the ebony. My only concern is in the summer - I'm hoping it won't get too hot. As far as the 80 mph goes, it really sneaks up on you in this car, however I didn't remain at that speed for very long....
Old 12-26-2005, 01:04 AM
Still Lovin my 06

Originally Posted by JohnnyCNote
I didn't really think much about the interior color, but I'm not unhappy with the ebony. My only concern is in the summer - I'm hoping it won't get too hot. As far as the 80 mph goes, it really sneaks up on you in this car, however I didn't remain at that speed for very long....

once you hit 65, everything after feels the same. it really grips the road nicely. i'm not saying ebony is a bad choice, that's what we ordered until we saw the RBP/parchment on the lot:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27474

our salesman pointed out that a contrasting color would have a longer lasting effect on us, and i think he's right. the dark on dark would get old after a while, but the parchment offers a fresh change everytime we get inside our car.

but acura's ebony interior is soooo sweet, it was a tough choice, and i dont think either is a bad one.

as an afterhtought, we figured, in the summer we'll be slightly cooler than the ebony, but most cases, our car is coming out of the garage anyways. so it's not a huge issue. you can always tiny or just use a sun reflector.
Old 12-26-2005, 05:17 AM
Senior Moderator

LOL @ you RBP owners,.......you are all great,...funny comebacks to my BS.

On a serious note, the RBP is a beautiful colour. Had we waited for the 06's,........it would have been between the RBP and NBP. I know NBP would have won though,.........I just cant NOT buy a black car. Same for interiors,....I have a thing for black interiors haha.

I am SUPER protective with my TSX. I park as far away from other cars as possible. I get mad when ppl slam my doors/trunk. I remind my family members to be CAREFUL when they are carrying things past the car,... HAHAHA. That said,.....my car is black and shows EVERYTHING. It is sealed for the winter,.......but when spring rolls around it will need a light polish to get rid of swirl marks etc from the DEALER,.......stupid dealer. That said,....I did my best to shine up my precious TSX anyway,...protected it for the winter,.....and will make her even MORE beautiful in the spring. Plus I have a GREAT idea for making my car really stand out and look SEXY.

Here is a reflection pic after I finished detailing it. It does not look AT ALL like this right now,..............since it is winter LOL. Not bad for my first detail I think.
Old 12-26-2005, 10:32 AM
TSX Addict

My only concern is in the summer - I'm hoping it won't get too hot.
I have ebony interior. It does get really hot in the summer.

I had a grey interior tsx loaner back in August. The inside was much cooler (temperature wise)...
Old 12-26-2005, 12:27 PM
Advanced

I went with the Ebony because the car I got rid of had beige upholstery. It got dirty really easily. The carpets showed absolutely everything and it was a shade darker than the parchment. Even the parts that did not get shoes on it got dirty. I went with the black even though I live in Texas. Hot is Hot no matter what around here. It all feels the same. At a certain point it doesn't matter what color the interior is; Usually 95 degrees and up (Texas summer). This car has the sunroof to help vent the hot air and auto windows to let down before I get in whereas the last car had neither. Of course, the tint and sunshade helps too. It was always that initial blast of boiling air when you opened the doors that got you, not so much what you were sitting on. Besides, aside from the seat color, the dash absorbed ALOT of that heat because there is no tint on the windshield. Since the dash on the TSX is black no matter what, it didn't really matter to me.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:18 PM
TSX4EVR

Not bad for my first detail I think.
Looks good West6MT, but I would find something better to show the reflection of next time. LOL

I'm not a big detailer, although I keep my cars always washed clean and try to keep the inside clean as well.

I dropped by Cdn Tire just to see if I could buy something to dry off my windows and wipe down the TSX, after I have come out of the wand wash. I bought two different kinds of cloths/towels. One sucked big time, but the other one worked very well. They were blue in colour and called Microtex Professional Detailing cloths. They come in a package of three microfibre cloths. They quickly and smoothly absorbed all of the water off of the windows and the body of the car.

I'm not sure if you are suppose to use these to dry off the car, but they seem to work really well.

Excited
Old 12-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Below is the message when I click on the links.... Argh!!!

Access Denied. Bandwidth limit exceeded.

Exceeded your Bandwidth quota? Has your hobby grown into a thriving business? Sounds like you need to upgrade from your BellSouth Personal Web Page to BellSouth Shared Web Hosting!
With BellSouth Shared Web Hosting, you receive plenty of bandwidth and hard disk space, as well as the flexibility to design the site you've always wanted--all for a very affordable price.

BellSouth Shared Web Hosting offers several plans and options to choose from, as well as the choice to have the charges billed to you via your BellSouth phone bill.

BellSouth Shared Web Hosting now offers plans starting at $7.95 per month. Please visit our Web site at hosting.bellsouth.net
for details on plans and prices available!
Old 12-26-2005, 09:34 PM
Instructor

I just saw that - darn! I'll have to upload them somewhere else - stay tuned....
Old 12-26-2005, 09:35 PM
Advanced

Weird...I can see the pics embedded in the posts no problem. Browser issue??
Old 12-26-2005, 09:46 PM
Instructor

I underestimated how many of youse would want to see my new car - I'm flattered! Hopefully, this will work better:

Old 12-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Instructor

Weird...I can see the pics embedded in the posts no problem. Browser issue??
Maybe you're viewing a copy cached on your computer. See what happens if you hit refresh...
Old 12-26-2005, 09:49 PM
Instructor

Old 12-26-2005, 10:42 PM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by excited
Looks good West6MT, but I would find something better to show the reflection of next time. LOL

I'm not a big detailer, although I keep my cars always washed clean and try to keep the inside clean as well.

I dropped by Cdn Tire just to see if I could buy something to dry off my windows and wipe down the TSX, after I have come out of the wand wash. I bought two different kinds of cloths/towels. One sucked big time, but the other one worked very well. They were blue in colour and called Microtex Professional Detailing cloths. They come in a package of three microfibre cloths. They quickly and smoothly absorbed all of the water off of the windows and the body of the car.

I'm not sure if you are suppose to use these to dry off the car, but they seem to work really well.

Excited
LOL,...ya I know. We were working out in the backyard when that was taken. We had torn out the bushes (where the garbage bags are) and were in the process of cleaning out the garage (which is large and was FULL of crap). That is why there are garbage bags and other misc crap in the reflection. The car is my old Nissan,.......that just sits back there now.