Rims

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2003, 01:52 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Rims

Hi guys,
Do any of you guys have Rims? Can i see some pics? also... can anyone recommend a "nice" set of rims? They dont neccesarily have to be chrome. But as long as they are "nice" but dont give too much of a flashy look. I guess the term is "presentable".
Also, if you guys dont mind, posting how much you paid for them?

thanks
Old 09-06-2003, 02:56 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was thinking about rims too... however it is basically like throwing your money away since you're not adding any resale value to the car. Although it's nice to have some tight rims... you have to think about the fact that down the line you're going to want to do something with your money (buy a house, pay for school) and you'll wish you hadn't blown $3,000 on new rims and tires. Not that I'm telling you not to do it... just keep in mind that although a car is a depreciating asset... rims will basically depreciate to zero.
Old 09-06-2003, 03:07 AM
Racer

Originally posted by Crazytree
I was thinking about rims too... however it is basically like throwing your money away since you're not adding any resale value to the car. Although it's nice to have some tight rims... you have to think about the fact that down the line you're going to want to do something with your money (buy a house, pay for school) and you'll wish you hadn't blown $3,000 on new rims and tires. Not that I'm telling you not to do it... just keep in mind that although a car is a depreciating asset... rims will basically depreciate to zero.
true. However, if you get aftermarket rims/tires, keep your stock tires when you sell your car. When you sell your car, take off the aftermarket tires/rims and throw back on the stock tires/rims... the stock rims will look brand new and there is still a lot of tread on the tires. This helps with selling your car. Then you can sell your aftermarket rims seperately...

But crazytree is right about selling a car with aftermarket rims on it. It does depreciate very bad. I would do a double take before I buy a car with aftermarket rims. I'd like to get a nice virgin used car hehe.
Old 09-06-2003, 08:57 AM
Instructor

Why not just give The RIMS AND TIRES FORUM a shot??
Old 09-07-2003, 12:53 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I looked through the first page of threads before i made this post and most people are just asking questions about the rims. But there aren't really that many pics or anything.