Request for help finding a good dealer

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2003, 09:05 PM
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Request for help finding a good dealer

Hi,

I have been a long time lurker on this board and the other one. I finally started at a new job and am about to buy the TSX. Unfortunately, I am in the Seattle area where the only dealer with cars on the lot or on the way in any reasonable time is ridiculously obnoxious, and is currently making me run around the block refusing to go below 28,800 for Auto/Navi with the protection package.

Luckily (hopefully with your help), one of the relocation perks of my job was transportation of a car from anywhere in the US to Seattle, and since I haven't used it, they will still do it for a new car from a dealer. Given that, I would like to deal with a dealer (preferably on the West coast to save some time) who can give me a quick no haggle quote over the Internet and ship a car if they have one on the lot (probably the high volume ones such as a few dealers in So Cal that I remember reading about a while ago).

Any suggestions about this? Please mention dealer(s)/salesmen & contact info that you had a positive experience with, especially dealing over the phone or internet.

Also, considering the extra hassle associated with all this, I would be looking for at least $1000 of sticker (the only options I really need are the protection package which seems to be on every car and maybe fog lights). Do you think this is reasonable, or should I just put up with the annoying dealer and pay a few hundred extra?

Thanks in advance for the feedback.
Old 12-03-2003, 02:23 PM
6th Gear

Hi, I purchased 2 acuras (most recently a TSX 6spd) from Courtesy Acura in Denver, CO. The Internet/Fleet sales guy to deal with is Jeff Thorton. I don't have their number handy, but get it from the Acura website and ask for him and let him know what you want. He want waste your time. You can mention my name if you want--good luck. Paul Regard
Old 12-03-2003, 04:02 PM
Racer

I had bad experiences with the Seattle area dealers when buying my '97 CL, adding mark ups, options I didn't want, pushing paint sealant, just plain lying about inventory on the phone, etc etc, all the slimy dealer/salesman stuff. I finally ended up at Ron Tonkin in Beaverton OR and thought they were one of the best to buy from. It was worth the drive to me.

No problems with the service depts in Seattle, they seemed fine.
Old 12-03-2003, 04:16 PM
Advanced

I bought my TSX from Acura of Bellevue. Well, the dealer is very nice. Well, i did pay MSRP, and they didnt actually force me to add any other accessories. Its really hard to negotiate a deal in Seattle.. I totally Agree!