Replace OEM tires - tramlining

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 02:16 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Replace OEM tires - tramlining

I am a fairly new to the forum and before you go and say "Search is your friend", I have been searching for this answer for some time but with no luck in various Acura TSX forums.

I bought a used 2006 TSX PWP auto and the tires will need to be replaced soon. I live in a very cold winter climate in Canada where the roads tend to have grooves or edges that provide a bumpy ride at times. When my tires do hit these areas, I feel the tramlining. I say tramlining since it goes straight on smooth roads but when they turn ugly, it can pull left or right. My tire pressure is 34/32 when cold.

My question: What would be a good tire that would provide better grip than OEM's, quieter than OEM's but still track very well and avoid the tramlining? My understanding is that extreme summer tires would produce more tramlining due to the stickiness of the tire.

I will be getting a dedicated winter tire for the cold season so it doesn't have to be an all season tire.

Recommendations are requested.

Thank you
Old 06-20-2009, 12:12 AM
heel/toe is my specialty

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I dont think a specific tire would decrease tramlining but rather a thicker and narrower tire than stock. Perhaps someone else can chime in on this as I am curious to know as well.

What part of Canada are you from? I dont think i have ever seen continuous grooves or ruts in winter!?!?! Usually in spring when the roads are bits and pieces or in summer when they are being fixed. Interested to know where these roads are.

I do think a good all season tire is what you will need but in a thicker sidewall with a narrower tread/size than stock, however dont quote me on that.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:35 AM
Intermediate

Yeah, I'm from Winnipeg and some roads are so poor that you see permanent grooves/ruts in the road. These are the areas where the car pulls either left or right. I don't want to change the dimension of the tire so maybe I will just live with it.

Thanks
Old 07-02-2009, 10:06 PM
9th Gear

The stock Michelin Pilots are a POS. I replaced with the Bridgeston Turanza Serenity for all four and they have been the best investment I made thus far on my car. The handling is superior and the smoothness is second to none.

I paid $740 for all 4 plus alignment at Tireplus. They had a special buy 3 get the 4th free. Check on tirerack.com for good prices also.