Recommend a shop in central NJ for brakes and alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 05:01 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Recommend a shop in central NJ for brakes and alignment?

Hey guys... I'm buying rotors and pads, and need a shop to install them. I also want to get a 4-wheel alignment done, which includes resetting my Ingalls rear camber kit back to spec. My last set of tires started experiencing some uneven wear, so I think the potholes, etc. have finally taken their toll!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I take my car in to a certain shop from time to time, and the owner quoted me the following prices --- if you guys think it's reasonable, then I guess I'll just continue to bring it in there:

4-wheel alignment w/ rear camber kit adjustment = $140
Replace rotors and pads (I provide parts) = $180 ($90/hr rate)
Add brake fluid flush and replace = +$30

TIA,
Mike

PS - Mods... sorry if this should be in a different subforum. On other sites, they have regional subforums, but I couldn't figure out where else I should list this...
Old 05-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by amadeus303
Hey guys... I'm buying rotors and pads, and need a shop to install them. I also want to get a 4-wheel alignment done, which includes resetting my Ingalls rear camber kit back to spec. My last set of tires started experiencing some uneven wear, so I think the potholes, etc. have finally taken their toll!

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I take my car in to a certain shop from time to time, and the owner quoted me the following prices --- if you guys think it's reasonable, then I guess I'll just continue to bring it in there:

4-wheel alignment w/ rear camber kit adjustment = $140
Replace rotors and pads (I provide parts) = $180 ($90/hr rate)
Add brake fluid flush and replace = +$30

TIA,
Mike

PS - Mods... sorry if this should be in a different subforum. On other sites, they have regional subforums, but I couldn't figure out where else I should list this...
Yo, u want this spot. PLATT'S PERFORMANCE PLUS, JAMESBURG, NJ 08831 A friend told me about this place but I couldn;t go because I had to do it on a saturday. Just take half a day off with an appt. They do performance parts as welll which is helpful with lowered cars.
Old 05-10-2008, 10:47 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Is that really necessary for a 4 wheel alignment on an FWD car?
I know a FWD alignment should cost about $40-60.

Sorry, can't help with the other questions. I do brakes myself so anything seems overpriced to me.
Old 05-10-2008, 11:02 AM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

Originally Posted by psteng19
Is that really necessary for a 4 wheel alignment on an FWD car?
I know a FWD alignment should cost about $40-60.

Sorry, can't help with the other questions. I do brakes myself so anything seems overpriced to me.
What's the difference between a FWD alignment and a 4-wheel alignment? Don't you still have to do all 4 wheels? Especially on a dropped car, both front and back could get thrown out of spec. While the fronts don't get affected nearly as much, they still could use toe adjustment.

I'd do the stuff myself if I had the time... I work long hours as it is, and taking MBA classes at night = no spare time