Really need help choosing a Color!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2005, 08:49 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really need help choosing a Color!!

I really need help choosing a color for my '05 Tsx with navi. the interior has to be black, so it either the Carbon Grey or the Satin Silver. Im leaning towards the Carbon Grey because its more unique, my question to you out there with CG, how is it with the dirt factor, i know i have a 2000 celica thats silver and it can be sooo dirty, but you cant really tell. is the CG as bad as black when it comes to seeing dirt??? Thanks for the help!
Old 02-23-2005, 08:51 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Carbon gray unique...

You'll find that carbon gray is actually the single most popular color amongst TSX owners. As for the dirt factor, it doesn't show dirt from a distance like black does, but up close, it's about the same.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:58 AM
Quattro in.....

If you are buying in the US, Milano Red comes with a black interior.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Intermediate

Yeah, i realized that about the red, but i think im leaning towards either the CG or the Silver
Old 02-23-2005, 09:03 AM
ric
Safety Car

Carbon pearl grey is a great color; in bright light, it takes on a deep bluegrey sheen. Might have been called gunmetal in another time............ I've had enough mud and schluck on the car to obscure the paint almost completely, at which point, it looked like the silver color.................. it handles routine dust and dirt fairly well.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:07 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
I sw my first CG and Artic Blue 05 TSX's recently and have to give them the

PWP OWNZ all.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:09 AM
ric
Safety Car

Originally Posted by domn

PWP OWNZ all.

(comment from a dedicated cgp owner)
Old 02-23-2005, 09:13 AM
Quattro in.....

Originally Posted by livewyr25
Yeah, i realized that about the red, but i think im leaning towards either the CG or the Silver
Check out this thread link to see the TSX colors when dirty:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...3&page=1&pp=25

A couple of us members posted up how are cars look dirty, mainly b/c of the winter weather we can't wash them every week.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:16 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by domn

PWP OWNZ all.
Just so we're clear, is hopped up on crack...
Old 02-23-2005, 09:42 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by CGTSX2004
Just so we're clear, is hopped up on crack...

Sorry CG owners, I just wasn't as impressed as I thought I would be and I stand by my statement that PWP is BY FAR the best TSX color. Period, end of story, good night.

domn, who just this morning asked his wife if he could trade in the TSX for a PWP 6MT. The wife said no
Old 02-23-2005, 09:51 AM
Go Giants

Received 1,233 Likes on 823 Posts
If I was doing it again, I would go Red.
Old 02-23-2005, 09:53 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by wsklar
If I was doing it again, I would go Red.

I would have went red if it came with the Ebony. The last color I would have went with when buying was white. It took me a few months to realize the mistake I made
Old 02-23-2005, 10:10 AM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
1) black
2) silver
3) CG

Old 02-23-2005, 10:13 AM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Talking

SSM - easy to maintain clean, hides scratches well, and it's pimp!
Old 02-23-2005, 10:23 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
To me, the TSX looks best in dark colors, so either black or cg, though the blue isn't too bad, either. Silver and white are old man colors :-)
Old 02-23-2005, 10:42 AM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

SS > CG.

there's too many CG out there

actually, PWP!!!

:troutslap
Old 02-23-2005, 11:34 AM
Advanced

Don't buy a TSX based upon how well it it hides dirt. If you want a color you do not have to worry about cleaning, buy any color and then paint it Camoflauge.

I.M.O. Carbon Gray is the best color for the TSX.. Classy, but still sporty... I don't mind the SSM, but too many silver cars on the road.
Old 02-23-2005, 11:41 AM
VV "Precision Crafted" VV

The TSX is best looking in the darker colors. Don't worry about getting it dirty. Thats just part of life.

1) Carbon Grey
2) Arctic Blue
3) Nighthawk Black
Old 02-23-2005, 12:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Don't get CG...
Old 02-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Racer

I was in the same situation as you last week. I decided on SSM. CGP is a great color but the more I saw it, the less it did for me. To me it never really stands out. The silver on the other hand does. I noticed this even more when I picked it up. I was blown away at how amazing it was.

Which ever color you choose, you can't go wrong. It all comes down to personal prefernce. To me CGP was too close to black, and my past 2 cars were black so I wanted to be far away from black. SSM was the choice for me and I love it
Old 02-23-2005, 01:17 PM
CEO of IMHO

I wanted the CG from the first time I saw the TSX. A beautiful color. But on my day of purchase, for some odd reason, the CG started looking a bit too "classy" and "feminine" and not "sporty" enough. I wanted to buy a sports sedan, not a classy sedan (I'd buy a Lexus if I wanted classy ).

So, at the last moment, I went with Nighthawk Black Pearl/ebony. I think the TSX looks the most sporty, aggressive, and masculine in this color combination. CG still looks great, esp. if you're going for the posh look. But I wanted to err on the side of sporty and aggressive. I do not think CG looks as aggressive as NPB.

And you know what? After 6 weeks, I'm still totally psyched about my color combination. Even when it's dirty (a lot of snow and rain lately around Philly), I know its black underneath, waiting to be unleashed in the spring sun. And the hint of blue in NPB is very cool.

The NBP with the chrome accents really makes the car look sharp in my eyes.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:19 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by JonDeutsch
I wanted the CG from the first time I saw the TSX. A beautiful color. But on my day of purchase, for some odd reason, the CG started looking a bit too "classy" and "feminine" and not "sporty" enough. I wanted to buy a sports sedan, not a classy sedan (I'd buy a Lexus if I wanted classy ).

So, at the last moment, I went with Nighthawk Black Pearl/ebony. I think the TSX looks the most sporty, aggressive, and masculine in this color combination. CG still looks great, esp. if you're going for the posh look. But I wanted to err on the side of sporty and aggressive. I do not think CG looks as aggressive as NPB.

And you know what? After 6 weeks, I'm still totally psyched about my color combination. Even when it's dirty (a lot of snow and rain lately around Philly), I know its black underneath, waiting to be unleashed in the spring sun. And the hint of blue in NPB is very cool.

I have to agree. NBP is a great color. Second to only PWP.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:50 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JonDeutsch

Yeah Nighthawk Black Pearl is an amazing color. Just wait till the spring when the sun is in full force and your TSX is all washed and shinny. You will see some amazing blue hues coming out of it. I know, my GSR was NBP and I absolutely loved it. Even when it was completely filthy, at night from 10 feet away it would look clean as the day i washed it. Pretty amazing.
Old 02-23-2005, 01:57 PM
Go Giants

Received 1,233 Likes on 823 Posts
Originally Posted by BonzoAPD
Yeah Nighthawk Black Pearl is an amazing color. Just wait till the spring when the sun is in full force and your TSX is all washed and shinny. You will see some amazing blue hues coming out of it. I know, my GSR was NBP and I absolutely loved it. Even when it was completely filthy, at night from 10 feet away it would look clean as the day i washed it. Pretty amazing.
9 out of 10 chiropractors agree.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
PWP =

but, if you must only choose between CG and SS I would go with CG
Old 02-23-2005, 02:46 PM
Intermediate

man, i never even considered the NBP, im just soo scared about being able to see the scratches and swirl marks, with my silver car, u cant see any of it, i def have to make a decision soon, its comming down to the wire before i have to make my decision i want to buy the car before the end of the month.
Old 02-23-2005, 02:51 PM
アキュラ 力

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Trust me, after owning a Nighthawk Black Accord for a couple of years, I would go with silver any time! Carbon Grey (my friend has one) is a hard color to take care of, especially if you enjoy driving around in a clean car. With darker cars you have to worry about dirt, rain spots (darker cars look horrible after it rains, snows, etc......). Not to mention swirl marks after washing, ding marks from other cars, scratches, etc.....which are extremely visible. Don't get me wrong, darker colors look great when it's clean and waxed, but if you don't have the time to clean and maintain, then trust me silver is the way to go!
Old 02-23-2005, 03:10 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by JPTL-S
Trust me, after owning a Nighthawk Black Accord for a couple of years, I would go with silver any time! Carbon Grey (my friend has one) is a hard color to take care of, especially if you enjoy driving around in a clean car. With darker cars you have to worry about dirt, rain spots (darker cars look horrible after it rains, snows, etc......). Not to mention swirl marks after washing, ding marks from other cars, scratches, etc.....which are extremely visible. Don't get me wrong, darker colors look great when it's clean and waxed, but if you don't have the time to clean and maintain, then trust me silver is the way to go!

I agree here, but I also think that a dirty dark color looks better than a dirty light color. A dirty PWP is nasty looking IMO. Silver is neutral and show the least amount of scrathes and dirt. But i think PWP and NHB look better than SSM when they are all clean.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:49 PM
SI Drive

Take a look at this link:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20557

That's the most recent socal meet. Kinda gives you an idea of what the cars look like in the rain. I actually thought about NBP before getting CG. Granted, 9 out of 10 So Cal drivers drive CG TSXs, I still chose that color because I needed something "classier" that didn't draw too much attention.

The thing that I don't like about SSM and some of the lighter colors, is that the black pieces (mirror attachments, mudguards, etc.) really pop in a lighter color (SSM, MSM). Don't get me wrong though, PWP is a really nice color, but the lack of dark interior kinda killed it for me. Just my
Old 02-23-2005, 03:50 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
I agree here, but I also think that a dirty dark color looks better than a dirty light color. A dirty PWP is nasty looking IMO.
Perhaps, but a white car can hide a small amount of dirt and any amount of water spots better than a darker car. Light silver/gray (or beige) hide dirty very well also.

Black cars are beautiful, but they look dirty after having been driven just once in the rain. I agree that white looks bad when it gets really dirty.

Since I live in the South where the summers are very hot and I don't have covered parking, white is an excellent choice temperature wise also. Just put your hand on the cars in a the parking lot and see how much cooler a white one is than black.
Old 02-23-2005, 03:57 PM
Pro

To me the TSX looks best in PWP (with the windows tinted for a good contrast - its truly sublime) or NBP (can't beat the luster (in fact, one can really lust after the luster).
IMHO, SSM blends the car into the background a little too much. FWIW, my old accord was SSM - even with a good wax job, it never really stood out. Of course, the advantage with the SSM is that you don't notice dirt, as previously discussed.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:07 PM
Advanced

This is what made the decision for me between the two.

My salesman pointed out to me how the Chrome trim on the door handles and around the window stands out more on the carbon gray.... Then he showed me how it blends in better with the Silver. Personally I liked the blended clean look with the silver much better than the contrast with the carbon gray. If I were gonna go with a color to contrast with the chrome it would have definatly been black because there is just something about that black versus chrome contrast.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:51 PM
TSXREEFER

Arctic Blue ROXs

Blue ROXs and you do not see many. Grey and Sliver are much more common. My dealer has 14 grey silver and black in stock. Can't tell you how many compliments I get on my blue and they usually say, "Nice Blue", or "Great Color, have not seen that one".
Old 02-24-2005, 08:52 AM
Instructor

Arctic blue and Red are the "sportiest" colors and dont make the one driving look like an old fogie!

Besides, both of those colors show off the lines of the TSX much better than any other "dull" color like CG, Black, white, or Silver.
Old 02-24-2005, 08:56 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by DCyamaha

Besides, both of those colors show off the lines of the TSX much better than any other "dull" color like CG, Black, white, or Silver.

Old 02-24-2005, 10:15 AM
Instructor

Old 02-24-2005, 11:55 PM
Form Follows Function

Originally Posted by rb1
Perhaps, but a white car can hide a small amount of dirt and any amount of water spots better than a darker car. ....

Since I live in the South where the summers are very hot and I don't have covered parking, white is an excellent choice temperature wise also. Just put your hand on the cars in a the parking lot and see how much cooler a white one is than black.
I concur - esthetics are individual and important but first FORM SHOULD FOLLOW FUNCTION.

(IMO) White, in addition to being, as they say "...always elegant..." has several functional advantages:
1. Safety - excellent visibility day & night to other users of the road (second only to the very uncommon yellow, not counting school buses)
2. Profoundly reduced heat absorption (I also live in the South).
3. Reasonable dirt masking properties (I am lazy when it comes to car washing and detailing)
4. Graceful aging - slower than darker colors (heat again +UV) and even extensive matting is hardly noticeable (unlike changes on silver)
Old 02-25-2005, 07:26 AM
10th Gear

Not sure about CG

I'm thinking about getting a TSX...I have a Grey metallic car now and I'm not that thrilled with it. The problem I have with grey is that it's not quite as sharp as a black car (IMO) but still shows everything unlike the silver. When dirty, it looks pretty dull.

Long story short, the CGP looks good on the lot, but I'll probably go with silver or black if I get a TSX.
Old 02-25-2005, 08:51 AM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Listen, I have a NHB TSX - it's absolutely beautiful when clean, but the problem is, we have WEATHER in NE Ohio and so my poor baby is more often dirty than clean! One rain fall, or one snow fall, and it's done. While black is beautiful, my next car will not be black just for this cleaning factor.

I know this is not a popular color around here, but if I had to do it all over again, I would choose MSM. It's such a beautiful BMW-ish light blue color. It's also pretty uncommon (which is a good thing). CG and SSM are nice colors but they are just too popular. The only thing I don't like about MSM is that it only comes with the quartz interior, but not ebony, which I think is the most GORGEOUS.
Old 02-25-2005, 02:34 PM
CEO of IMHO

My NPB TSX only needs cleaning when it's a really bad snowstorm or a really muddy ride home. Otherwise, it remains pretty good lookin' even after weeks of not being washed.

My NPB TSX 'survived' a few rainy days recently and did not need a washing to look good from any distance beyond 2 feet.

I guess it depends on how anal you are. There are definitely water spots and stuff on it when you inspect it. But if you just look at the car overall, it looks great even if it's not perfectly clean.

I just love how the chrome and NPB set each other off, and how the nose looks meaner and aggressive in the NPB skin.

Jon

Quick Reply: Really need help choosing a Color!!