Random thoughts from my first TSX road trip....

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005 | 04:06 PM
Advanced

Random thoughts from my first TSX road trip....

Just finished my first roadtrip with the TSX…1000 Km through the scenic BC Rockies on the rather treacherous 90 year old Hope-Princeton stretch of hwy…the following are some random observations from that trip….

3rd and 4th gear are your best friends through the mountains…there is nothing like hitting 7,000 rpm in 3rd and downshifting as you climb a steep grade…

The intermittent wipers always seem to have a perfect speed to deal with rain and snow….

Despite still being new to the car all controls are pretty much exactly where they should be…good ergonomics and design all the way around…

The brightest setting on the instrument display is like Hollywood compared to most cars….dimming is a prerequisite and makes for much more enjoyable night driving.

The OEM Michelin tires hydroplane like crazy in rain, squeal in pain around tight corners, and are not super snow happy either. I suppose they are passable at most things, good at really nothing. Snow/summers will be the way to go with this car

Xenon’s are great in everything but fog

Stereo steering wheel controls are your best friend, a head unit that does not accept MP3’s is like warm lite beer on a hot day.

A bigger shift knob is on my must-have list, maybe a sub-woofer as well.

If it is raining and you decide to open the windows, even a crack…make certain you have your raincoat on….I have a new found appreciation as to why Acura offers those window spoilers as a dealer add-on…will be adding those to my must have list as well….

The outside temperature is a really valuable feature when hitting a corner with snow and wondering if there might be some black ice waiting for you

Mileage, even when pushed hard, is still very impressive

On the whole, the TSX is definitely a hwy machine and very happy in the mountains. Looking forward to the next trip.
Old 11-05-2005 | 06:46 PM
Safety Car

WeatherTech

I had these before and they are very nice, didn't have to worry about those double side tapes.