Question about JDM headlights

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2009, 03:08 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question about JDM headlights

Hey guys. I'm somewhat new to this forum, but mainly in posting. I've been lurking around for some time and finally got a question I've been wanting to ask. For those of you guys that purchase the real deal JDM headlights, what do you guys do about the RHD projectors? Still use them? Swap it out with your USDM projectors before swapping in the new headlights? Let me know who's still got them. Thanks.
Old 01-09-2009, 07:18 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 99AznAccord
Hey guys. I'm somewhat new to this forum, but mainly in posting. I've been lurking around for some time and finally got a question I've been wanting to ask. For those of you guys that purchase the real deal JDM headlights, what do you guys do about the RHD projectors? Still use them? Swap it out with your USDM projectors before swapping in the new headlights? Let me know who's still got them. Thanks.
Is this Rich from CL? or at least formally CL?

I just swapped them out entirely on my set. Are you doing a retro for for an int'l customer?
Old 01-09-2009, 09:06 AM
I spend 2 much time here

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts
i swapped mine out
Old 01-09-2009, 09:42 AM
CL9 ABP

Received 245 Likes on 112 Posts
You don't need to swap them just angle them a bit lower. No troubles yet.
Old 01-09-2009, 10:54 AM
JDM Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I left the JDM beam pattern.
no troubles so far.
I switched out the 4300k bulbs, to something with less lumens
so they're not as bright (like a 6000k or 8000k) and I've yet to
be flashed for high beams, seems to not bother anyone.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:45 AM
Helladump/flush

Like Crazyazn said, you could leave them in there and just adjust the aiming a little bit if you would like.

I just had Marcus swap them out with my USDM projectors just so I didnt have deal with getting high beamed ever.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:59 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Racing Gear
Is this Rich from CL? or at least formally CL?

I just swapped them out entirely on my set. Are you doing a retro for for an int'l customer?
Yep, that would be me, but no longer with CL. I started up my new company in NYC, HID Illusionz. And yes, I actually have quite a few int;\'l customers in the last couple weeks. Actually kind of weird because we never got that many in a short time with CL. Guess my new company is just really blowing out there quick. lol

Anyways, I kind of figured that some of you guys would just lower it to avoid blinding on coming traffic, but doesn't this suck since now you will have even less light output on the right side of the car just to compensate for the left? If you guys are interested in trading LHD TSX projectors for your RHD, let me know. I know this may be a bad place to be doing this, but I figured this would be the best since this is only directed towards TSX owners only? Anyways, the swap out is very simple. No need to actually pull the headlights apart. Just unscrew, angle, pry out with a screw driver and it comes out. I can try to take some pics prying out the USDM projectors out of the headlights to give you guys some reference IF you guys want to go through with it. But remember... these have to be the true JDM, not that replicated version, even the ones made in Germany that still accept the D2S bulbs.
Old 01-09-2009, 04:40 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 99AznAccord
Yep, that would be me, but no longer with CL. I started up my new company in NYC, HID Illusionz. And yes, I actually have quite a few int;\'l customers in the last couple weeks. Actually kind of weird because we never got that many in a short time with CL. Guess my new company is just really blowing out there quick. lol

Anyways, I kind of figured that some of you guys would just lower it to avoid blinding on coming traffic, but doesn't this suck since now you will have even less light output on the right side of the car just to compensate for the left? If you guys are interested in trading LHD TSX projectors for your RHD, let me know. I know this may be a bad place to be doing this, but I figured this would be the best since this is only directed towards TSX owners only? Anyways, the swap out is very simple. No need to actually pull the headlights apart. Just unscrew, angle, pry out with a screw driver and it comes out. I can try to take some pics prying out the USDM projectors out of the headlights to give you guys some reference IF you guys want to go through with it. But remember... these have to be the true JDM, not that replicated version, even the ones made in Germany that still accept the D2S bulbs.
That's what I thought! Do you remember me from HID Planet? I'm no loner offering retrofitting service but I still go on there here & there.

I do have a mint shape true JDM TSX projectors I can trade you with....to prove that they are authentic, here's a pic of my car:

However, are you aware that the JDM ones came with Fresnal lense? AT least the 06 & up JDM lights did..

If you are willing to trade your clear lensed USDM TSX projectors for my JDM fresnal lensed projectors, I am up for the trade!

Can you just post the WTT thread on HIDPLANET instead? I am not really familiar with the F/S or trade rules here so it would be easier to do it over there.

By the way, the USDM TSX projectors you have to offer do come with the authentice TSX clear lenses right? Not that replica stuff which Matt sells (and I read up about your run in with Matt).

Let me know!

Thanks
Ken