question about the colour white

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2005, 07:10 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
question about the colour white

I am in the market for a TSX and my fav colour is the white one. however, everytime i see one on the road, i notice the colour is slightly different.
I know it is not supposed to be white but 'pearl white', but ssometimes it is more 'yellow' than others.

Is it just me!?

Sorry if this is a repost
Old 11-27-2005, 07:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
You're probably being fooled by the pearl effect. There hasn't been a "regular" white on the TSX, but Taffetta White is on the RSX and it is much brighter than pearl white. You will probably notice some difference in white color between the bumper (plastic) and the fenders (sheet metal). This is normal and largely unavoidable due to the "flex addative" in the (plastic) paint to allow it to move with the bumper
Old 11-27-2005, 07:41 PM
Burning Brakes

I dont believe it is "normal" for the body and bumpers to have mismatched colors for the color white because other cars have matching paint. I only notice that Honda/Acura have mismatched white paint.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:10 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by whatjones911
I dont believe it is "normal" for the body and bumpers to have mismatched colors for the color white because other cars have matching paint. I only notice that Honda/Acura have mismatched white paint.
But look on the bright side...as soon as much of the paint chips off, which, knowing Honda/Acura like I do, will be soon, it won't matter that they don't match because you won't be able to get past the unacceptable level of chips.
Old 11-27-2005, 08:39 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Its normal on most any car that the body panels and the plastic bumpers to be slightly different. Paint doesn't reflect the same on different materials, especially the pearl paint. But, it really shouldn't be noticable from 10ft away, and definately not while driving.

I have PWP and the paint matches very well IMO. PWP can look more yellow or more white in different lights, its a very beautiful color
Old 11-27-2005, 09:16 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by whatjones911
We are talking about TSXs not other mfgrs.? Knowing that it's normal for Honda/Acura, what do you do about it? Rant and rave? Repaint to get a better match and accept non-factory paint?

I was just suggesting to the original poster that it is normal (for Honda/Acura) and it's nothing to get excited about. Either that or choose a different color.
Old 11-27-2005, 10:39 PM
Pro

Thanks Colin.

Still makes it tuff to decide whether PWP is the right choice of colour.

i think it is the nicest when it has the right sun light on it and nicely washed. however since that cannot be the case at all times, i wonder if it is the right choice of colour...

is the white TL the same as the white TSX? (colour only of course)
Old 11-27-2005, 10:51 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tintin
Thanks Colin.

Still makes it tuff to decide whether PWP is the right choice of colour.

i think it is the nicest when it has the right sun light on it and nicely washed. however since that cannot be the case at all times, i wonder if it is the right choice of colour...

is the white TL the same as the white TSX? (colour only of course)
The white on the TL is different from the TSX's white. I believe the TL's white is more yellow than the TSX or maybe its the other way around. I forget. Both the white on the TL and TSX is really nice and is one of my first color choice when i get my TL soon. And another thing about the mismatched paint is that it is a lot worst on the TL than the TSX and that just scares me away from getting that color. But i hope it doesnt change your mind as it did to me. The TSX matches way better, I think because it's built in Japan whereas the TL is built in Ohio
Old 11-27-2005, 11:24 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
You're probably being fooled by the pearl effect. ...

The pearl effect seems to change colors depending on the amount and source of ambient light. Direct sunlight = white. Evening streetlamps = pearl ivory.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Instructor

I have a PWP too and I get a lot of compliments from my friends on the color choice. The car seems to get more yellowish when dirty. That may explain why you see "different shades" of white on the pwp cars on the road.

One time after I cleaned my car, I looked closely on the paint and I actually saw green, pink, and blue under bright sun. It's amazing.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Racer

I agree. When my PWP gets dirty, it turns a bit yellow but that's actually a good thing because it doesn't really show the dirt as much as you think it would. Once you wash the car, the true white color will come out nicely.
Originally Posted by afax226
I have a PWP too and I get a lot of compliments from my friends on the color choice. The car seems to get more yellowish when dirty. That may explain why you see "different shades" of white on the pwp cars on the road.

One time after I cleaned my car, I looked closely on the paint and I actually saw green, pink, and blue under bright sun. It's amazing.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:39 AM
Canuck

The PWP does yellow in the sun. Friend of mine has an 04 and recently bought an OEM bodykit. The kit color was more white then the entire car. The entire car was more yellow. Course polishing the car made the kit match the color of the car again.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:41 AM
Canuck

Originally Posted by lamster
I agree. When my PWP gets dirty, it turns a bit yellow but that's actually a good thing because it doesn't really show the dirt as much as you think it would. Once you wash the car, the true white color will come out nicely.
Yeah, I use to work in a garage/bodyshop part time and I watched the painter mix paint. This one white he mized up for an intergra (not type-r white) was white. It had blue and black and other colors in it. He told me if he were to just use the white in the can without mixing it, it'll be bright bright white.
Old 11-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by narci
The PWP does yellow in the sun. Friend of mine has an 04 and recently bought an OEM bodykit. The kit color was more white then the entire car. The entire car was more yellow. Course polishing the car made the kit match the color of the car again.
Mine likely yellowed in the first 2 year son the road, because when I bought it used from the dealer, I got the OEM kit thrown on. It doesn't match 100%, but in about a year it'll be perfectly fine as the kit will "settle" to match the car paint.

White tends to yellow in the first year or two, and then stay there (not get any yellower). IMO, PWP is a simply stunning color, and I get compliments on it DAILY. In winter, it looks really creamy, almost a pale egg-nog color. ('tis the season!). That's because the snow is so pure white that the creaminess of the PWP really stands out and looks VERY rich and classy.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tintin
...is the white TL the same as the white TSX? (colour only of course)
I have wondered the same thing. Are White Diamond and Premium White the same color code with different names? I know Carbon Grey and Graphite (Honda Accord) are that way.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:45 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Colin
We are talking about TSXs not other mfgrs.? Knowing that it's normal for Honda/Acura, what do you do about it? Rant and rave? Repaint to get a better match and accept non-factory paint?

I was just suggesting to the original poster that it is normal (for Honda/Acura) and it's nothing to get excited about. Either that or choose a different color.

i had a pearl white g35, and it had mismatched bumpers and the rest of the car. it also got progressively worse seeming as time went on, to the point it was plainly noticeable (especially at night).

i think its maybe a problem with many makes of cars not just honda/ acura.
Old 11-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by hans007
i had a pearl white g35, and it had mismatched bumpers and the rest of the car. it also got progressively worse seeming as time went on, to the point it was plainly noticeable (especially at night).

i think its maybe a problem with many makes of cars not just honda/ acura.

I agree, but I didn't want to get sidetracked in this post.