Please Help Me Get a TSX...

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 02:34 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow Please Help Me Get a TSX...

Ok. Basically to make a long story short I can't get my TSX until the end of August because that’s when I’ll have the money (paying cash). I want an 06 TSX auto w/nav Royal Blue with ebony int. The dealerships here in the Augusta, GA area say there isn't one like that on the lot in the southeast region. (before you say there is, please have concrete evidence instead of just saying they are FOS)

So I was going to order one. It's not a true order...basically I order the TSX like I want it and it gets changed on the way, ie. at the port. That means at the port here in the US when they load the TSX’s off the boat and on the trucks they will take the TSX that I was wanting from another dealership’s truck and swap it with one on my dealership’s truck. Depending on where the TSX I want is (on a truck, at the port or on a boat from Japan) it could take anywhere between 1 and 5 weeks.

So I was going to do that thinking I would have my TSX anywhere between 1 and 5 weeks but the sales guy called today and said actually there isn't a TSX like the one I want on the way so it would be longer than 5 weeks...then he said by then, the 06 orders will be cut off so the only thing I can do is order an 07 the way I want it and wait until November.

In Summary…there isn’t one like I was wanting on a dealership lot in the Southeastern region, there is not one on the way to the Southeastern region, and orders are being cut off or 06’s so I must order an 07 if I get it the way I want it.

I can't wait that long though...so what should I do? I don't want to have to settle with an Accord, ya know? If I’m going to spend the better part of $30K on a car I want it the way I want it. Can anyone help by offering advice?

Thanks!
Old 08-09-2006, 02:53 PM
TSX

If you can wait it out, just get an 07...or better yet, wait it out another year for the 08's
Old 08-09-2006, 02:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
You have no second choice color combo? Why can't you wait for an '07...do you have a ride right now?
Old 08-09-2006, 03:31 PM
for EVER more!

Sorry but this makes me very happy that I will continue to be one of the very few owners of a RBP Tsx 6mt non navi in the Southwestern USA. :-D
Old 08-09-2006, 03:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 90 Likes on 75 Posts
You need to just wait for an 07 and get what you want. If you get something else, you will regret it. BE Patient!!!!! On the other hand I wanted an SI with Navi, and there was none to be had. So, I bought my TSX. I am so happy!
Old 08-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Instructor

At the end of August I will not have a ride.
Old 08-09-2006, 04:05 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by PittIsIt
Sorry but this makes me very happy that I will continue to be one of the very few owners of a RBP Tsx 6mt non navi in the Southwestern USA. :-D
Don't be sorry...

I want an auto...yours is manual
I want nav...you don't have nav

Nothing to be sorry about because I wouldn't want your car. Oh and isn't FL in the Southeastern US not Southwestern US???
Old 08-09-2006, 04:11 PM
Benchwarmer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Not sure how relevant this is but, Continenal Acura in Naperville, IL had exactly the car you're looking for on the lot in the spring. It may still be there I decided to go with the 6MT and waited 15 weeks.
Old 08-09-2006, 07:02 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Joeys'TSX
The dealerships here in the Augusta, GA area say there isn't one like that on the lot in the southeast region.
So did you actually call all the dealerships in your area or did you take a few of their words to represent the rest?

When I was shopping for the rare Glacier Blue, many dealerships would say "there are none in Southern California." They would even "check" their inventory network electronically or so they said. Of course, their lines were just sales lies to get me to buy something they had on their lot. I wound up calling around because I never believed them, and invariably there were a few Glacier Blues scattered around.

If you've already made your calls, what can you do? (maybe buy a used RBP if those are available, then trade in for the '08 or something) But if you didn't literally call up every single dealer, then, my friend, I'd pick up that phone...
Old 08-09-2006, 08:49 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by IlliNorge
Not sure how relevant this is but, Continenal Acura in Naperville, IL had exactly the car you're looking for on the lot in the spring. It may still be there I decided to go with the 6MT and waited 15 weeks.
Yeah, I believe there was one at Joe Rizza Acura in Orland Park, IL too... where I bought my 06 from. That was about 3 weeks ago.
Old 08-09-2006, 09:17 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
There was also a RBP w/ navi at Muller's Acura at Woodfield, IL too......
Old 08-10-2006, 07:15 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by yeefuchew
So did you actually call all the dealerships in your area or did you take a few of their words to represent the rest?

When I was shopping for the rare Glacier Blue, many dealerships would say "there are none in Southern California." They would even "check" their inventory network electronically or so they said. Of course, their lines were just sales lies to get me to buy something they had on their lot. I wound up calling around because I never believed them, and invariably there were a few Glacier Blues scattered around.

If you've already made your calls, what can you do? (maybe buy a used RBP if those are available, then trade in for the '08 or something) But if you didn't literally call up every single dealer, then, my friend, I'd pick up that phone...
Yeah, I've talked to about 8 dealerships...nobody has the one I want.
Old 08-10-2006, 09:03 AM
for EVER more!

Originally Posted by Joeys'TSX
Don't be sorry...

I want an auto...yours is manual
I want nav...you don't have nav

Nothing to be sorry about because I wouldn't want your car. Oh and isn't FL in the Southeastern US not Southwestern US???
Ah too true. Sorry I'm at work and try to type fast instead of think....

Try Acura of Orange Park in Jacksonville, FL. Their salespeople suck the big one, but they had an RBP Navi, Auto in the showroom when i bought my 6mt non navi they had brought in from Clearwater. This was on June 7th, so no promises about what's still there. (parchment int)

They are very good about getting what you need.

I would only talk to Pierce there - he's very good. If you sales guy has the same name as a prominent comic strip character, I'd ask to talk to Pierce instead.

Plus, this isn't a long haul for you.

Good luck!