Pile of Ice

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2004, 04:44 PM
A-TSX Driver...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Pile of Ice

Dang ice! Went to the store yesterday PM, and it was raining like crazy. I parked next to a pile of melting snow/ice in the parking lot and went into the store. I came out, forgot the pile was there (to the front-driver's side) since it was still raining really hard and I had to run to get to the car. I drove forward and BOOM...the ice pile was only about 12-18 inches or so high, but it scratched up the side of my bumper. Then, the ice got wedged under the car inside the driver's side wheel well. It was hard as a rock, and I couldn't get it out. So...I had to drive around the parking lot listening to it grind away until it finally broke loose. UGGH! It was painful to experience. Also the weirdest thing I've ever encountered. Next time I'll stay home.
Old 01-04-2004, 05:00 PM
spc
Instructor

I hear you! The best thing is stay home! Chicago area also experience the first season major snow fall.
Old 01-04-2004, 07:08 PM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
Re: Pile of Ice

Originally posted by hondaboy_tsx
Dang ice! Went to the store yesterday PM, and it was raining like crazy. I parked next to a pile of melting snow/ice in the parking lot and went into the store. I came out, forgot the pile was there (to the front-driver's side) since it was still raining really hard and I had to run to get to the car. I drove forward and BOOM...the ice pile was only about 12-18 inches or so high, but it scratched up the side of my bumper. Then, the ice got wedged under the car inside the driver's side wheel well. It was hard as a rock, and I couldn't get it out. So...I had to drive around the parking lot listening to it grind away until it finally broke loose. UGGH! It was painful to experience. Also the weirdest thing I've ever encountered. Next time I'll stay home.
damn I can't even relate to that..It was 82 here today

Sorry about your misfortune.
Old 01-04-2004, 10:42 PM
04 remembrance

Re: Pile of Ice

Originally posted by hondaboy_tsx

i don't know how it feels to have ice fall on the tsx, but i do know the pain of driving a scratched bumper :'(