Pic of the new Saab 9-3 interior

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2003 | 04:04 PM
Racer

Oh, btw, any of you guys on Carsdomain.com?

And as for baseball, I can't stand the Jankees so I root for any team that can knock them off. As a diehard Mets fan, I root for the underdogs! A RedSox/Cubbies WS would be awesome!
Old 10-06-2003 | 04:10 PM
Drifting

Originally posted by 93Kewl
Oh, btw, any of you guys on Carsdomain.com?

And as for baseball, I can't stand the Jankees so I root for any team that can knock them off. As a diehard Mets fan, I root for the underdogs! A RedSox/Cubbies WS would be awesome!
We agree! Yes, a Cubs-Sox series would be incredible. It's just like baseball to bring people together. Your interior still sucks BTW.
Old 10-06-2003 | 04:15 PM
Racer

tsx-madman,

Grow up. It's guys like you that taint the otherwise "cordial" attitude of others on this site, enthusiast site or otherwise.

And yes, it is my opinion and if you don't like it TFB!

And you know what? If Saab doesn't exist in 5 years (which it most certainly will), then so freakin' what? I enjoy my car and obviously feel it offered more than what the TSX does and could ever offer. Go check the latest sales figures, obviously agressive marketing, a sound product line (an awesome convertible and wagon is coming), and new consumers considering Saab makes for good things - even with incentives.
Kewl, I am grown up, by any way you care to measure. Allow me to point out you haven't stated one fact above and have merely parroted SAAB's monthly corporate sales report(s) and added some wishfull thinking.
Guys like me populate every enthusiast site. What you don't see at the other sites are many guys like you. This isn't
"9-3/TSX/On the Fence.Com," or anything close. It's a TSX enthusiast site. That implies that the people who visit and frequent this forum are interested in or really like the TSX. I don't think you're a dummy, based on your posts and you're obviously an automotive enthusiast. I just think you're wasting your time here at TSX.COM...Unless there's something Freudian going on here and you're visiting because you are really angry with your inner self for buying a 9-3 and want to subject yourself to frequent abuse/punishment?
Old 10-06-2003 | 04:18 PM
Racer

Originally posted by wishiwere
eh..tsx is a great car, saab 93 is a great car, is300 is a great car, audi a4 is a great car...they're all great cars. My question is, why are people so caught up in this, when the beloved Cubs have made it to the NLCS? Now is the time to celebrate and rejoice this magical time in history...so, grab a beer, sit back, relax, and watch the Cubs kick butt all the way to the World Series. After all, if the Cubs win it all, it could signal the end of the world (not to mention the freezing over of hell)...and then what will the minute differences between these fine cars matter?

And, to keep this somewhat on topic, I'll add my 0.02...it seems like a lot of the arguing on this site about these 2 cars comes from people who have not even taken the time to sit in and drive both cars, and therefore are making unqualified, speculative arguments. I have driven both, closely considered buying both, and from personal, actual experience, I can say that they both drive nicely, look nice, and are great products. I really think that if everyone here took the time to drive both, you'd see that while you still might prefer one more than the other, it's hard not to like both cars for what they are, and there's no reason to hate one just because you like the other. I actually find these two cars more similar and alike than many other cars on the road...And, for those that keep blindly saying that the saab interior is an ergonomic nightmare, please go sit in one, and try to perform a desired function...it's an incredibly well laid out interior, all of the buttons perform a clear function, and it's all very logical (if you get confused by the fact thatt there are 12 radio preset buttons instead of 6, then I guess I can't really help you, but to me having 12 > 6). Don't let the fact that a stupid picture on a web page makes it look like there's a ridiculous amount of buttons...once you actually sit down and use it, you will see that it all goes together like butter...Oh yeah....and Go Cubs !
You are right, Wishwere, for the most part. Well said.
Old 10-06-2003 | 04:20 PM
Drifting

It's a complement to the people on this site that 93kewl keeps coming here. We're probably much more exciting than the 9-3 boards.
Old 10-06-2003 | 04:47 PM
anti-dentite bastard

Originally posted by Jason
It's a complement to the people on this site that 93kewl keeps coming here. We're probably much more exciting than the 9-3 boards.
I'll chime in with my 0.02 again...

I can't speak directly for 93kewl, but I can say that if you read his posts, he has owned acuras (last car was a cl-s), considered buying the tsx, and still has an interest in the acura community. I think these perfectly validate him frequenting the board - not some obsession to shove the 93 down your throats (as he mentioned, the threads are always started by other people, he usually jumps in when an unwarranted knock is made at the 93...usually friendly competition between people who enjoy their cars). I'm in a similar situation to kewl (I didn't end up buying a tsx, and yet I still come to this board all the time). I can explain myself this way - I actually discovered this board (well, actually clubtsx) back in early February, and it was teh first car board I had ever read. I followed very closely and anxiously the release of the tsx, and I visited the board every day. All through the speculation about features (compass anyone?), msrp, etc., I became very interested in the tsx. When the time came for me to buy my car last month, the tsx was on my short list all the way up until the final day. In the end, it wasn't meant to be, as I went with a 93 Arc, but, just because i bought another car, I'm still very much interested in the tsx, and seeing as I read this board just about every single day for 7 months or so, it's not so easy to just stop reading it just because I didn't end up buying it. I think one thing people who remark (complain) about so many people who don't have a tsx frequenting this board forget is that the tsx is a brand new car, and this is quite a new forum. It should be expected that given the newness of it all, there will be people who were interested in the car and have been reading the site since the very beginning days, and still enjoy reading it. I, for one, find it a much more approachable forum and more enjoyable than most of the other ones out there, a lot of which I attribute to that fact that we're all somewhat "newbies" around here. I'm sure as time goes by, you will see less and less of other owners around, and the site will come to resemble the communities seen on other sites, but this is not necessarily a good thing if you ask me. In my opinion, having a diverse group of owners is much more desirable, and leads to more interesting threads (if you don't like threads where people do some friendly sparring with words, then just don't click on them..it's as simple as that).

So, cheers to everyone who welcomes and enjoys "outsiders"....and Go Cubs!!!
Old 10-06-2003 | 05:21 PM
Racer

Well, Wishi took the words "right out of my mouth". Couldn't have said it any better - especially the fact that I have been a Honda/Acura owner for a combined total of 6 years (3 years for each car), which gives me an interest level that many "non-owners" here may not possess. Like it or not, that's more time than many people here, who's TSX is the first Acura product. So, yes, I am familiar with a "quality" Acura product and do appreciate what the company brings to the table.

I just have to laugh at the individuals with the .02 cent psychology degree quoting "Freudian" theory and what not. If anything, since there has been so much attention to the 9-3 over here (not started by me), you gotta wonder whether there is some here that feel oddly if another car comes close (or surpasses) what the TSX offers. You know what they say mockery can sometimes be the sincerest form of flattery. That's my .02 cents of psychology.

And no, Jason, I spend quite a bit of time over "in my home ballpark" too.
Old 10-06-2003 | 07:48 PM
Racer

...I just have to laugh at the individuals with the .02 cent psychology degree quoting "Freudian" theory and what not. If anything, since there has been so much attention to the 9-3 over here (not started by me), you gotta wonder whether there is some here that feel oddly if another car comes close (or surpasses) what the TSX offers. You know what they say mockery can sometimes be the sincerest form of flattery. That's my .02 cents of psychology.

And no, Jason, I spend quite a bit of time over "in my home ballpark" too.
Get a grip. And quit being so defensive. I don't have a degree in psychology - I'm not even sure if "inner self" is a Freudian concept. "Spanking" also sounds Freudian, doesn't it, and that's what you seem to continually set yourself up for here.
There are lots of cars that "come close (or surpass)" the TSX. While I wouldn't include the 9-3 in that group, I hope you enjoy yours, Kewl. Please quit boring us with it though!
Old 10-06-2003 | 08:22 PM
Racer

While I wouldn't include the 9-3 in that group, I hope you enjoy yours, Kewl. Please quit boring us with it though!
Well, it really doesn't matter what you think, now does it?

It looks to me you're just looking to instigate so my advice to you is if you don't like my comments: 1) Don't read these threads or 2) tell your fellow TSX buddies to not post anything about the 9-3 ( btw would be rather absurd)
Old 10-06-2003 | 08:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Ok ... shutting this down ... I just can't take it any more