Patience wearing thin...

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2004, 08:32 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Patience wearing thin...

How long should I wait for delivery from Japan?

I ordered a MS 6sp/Nav at the end of October (none exist within 500 miles) .

And I'm still waiting

On Jan 7, I was told "Your vehicle is now on the in transit report schedule to hit US docks soon."

I've been given the vehicle ID no., and can't see any reason for the dealer to want my $$ staying in my pocket?

Is this delay normal, or should I cut my losses and find another dealer (and prices could have gone down in the interim)?
Old 01-29-2004, 09:27 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
tsos, why would you have a loss? Do you have a non-refundable deposit with the dealer or something like that?

Yes, if I were you, I would definitely go and see if other dealers have anything in stock and price them out.

What color combos, tranny etc. did you order?
Old 01-30-2004, 09:48 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally posted by ostrich
...What color combos, tranny etc. did you order?
He (she?) said MS, 6mt, nav. Meteor Silver only comes with quartz interior.

tsos, if there's no MSM/6MT/Navs within 500 miles, what dealership would you go to? Once you have a VIN#, you're pretty much gauranteed that your car will come within the next month. Plus they're obligated to deliver you that exact car (with that VIN), which is also a good thing. I recommend you just wait it out. This is definitely a long delay, but people have had longer ones (ask some CG/Ebony people). Also, I think MSM is one of the more rare colors, couple that with the fact that 6MT is lesser produced tranny, and that the Nav makes it even more in demand, the delay seems reasonable. So I think you should just stay patient and wait it out with this dealership. If you go anywhere else, you'll be at the bottom of the list again. Good luck.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:05 AM
Advanced

Clutch - your advice makes sense, and hearing that others have had this (painful) wait is somehow comforting.

I concur that MS/6sp/Nav is an endangered creature. Hence, bailing out now would just put me back at square one with another dealer who have to order this combo, and I'd wait another 2-3 months.

Do you think that when the dealership orders a particular combo, they just get the next version of this combo that comes off the line or that one really is "made to order". If the former, and given that the MS/6/Nav is rather rare, getting the order filled could take a while.
Old 01-30-2004, 10:18 AM
Suzuka Master

It seems to me like the proportions of colors/trannies/etc. are set (i.e. you will always see more CGs than MSMs, always more autos than manuals). So, I'm pretty sure it's a "next one off the line" kind of deal. If that's the case, your dealer put that request in as soon as you put your deposit down, but I'm sure there have been others who were waiting ahead of you. How many we don't know, but they determine how long you have to wait.

Basically, about 90% of us had to "stand in line" for our cars. And even though your line may be shorter than most (not much demand--I don't think many people like MSM/Quartz), the line for your combo is also moving a little slower than average (not many produced). Don't worry, though. You have a VIN, so you're almost there!
Old 01-31-2004, 02:04 AM
Instructor

I ordered my Black/Black/6m/Navi back on October 17th, and its build date was 12/26/03. It is due in any day, looking for Monday or Tuesday.

Don't fret, just be glad when you get it!
Old 01-31-2004, 10:58 AM
Advanced

Talking Be Patient!

I ordered a CG/Quartz/MT/Navi 10/17/2003. Was built Dec 15 and I picked it up Jan 24/2004. It should show up anytime so calm down! You don't want to start this process again from scratch! Certain combos of color and equipment make for a wait. It was worth the wait to get exactly what I wanted!!! Very happy with my TSX!
Old 01-31-2004, 02:24 PM
I am Ahab!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
took mine just over three weeks.
Old 01-31-2004, 05:42 PM
Racer

took me 1 week, but that is for canadian market.
Old 02-03-2004, 10:25 PM
Advanced

Talking It arrived!

Amazing - as soon as doubt creeps in, you get the call..

Bottom line, I just picked car - as my 12 y.o. says "It's a very coool car"

Amazing how easy it is to get it up to 6k RPM. Nav is a hell of a lot of fun - just go to learn to talk nice to The Voice

So the idea is to keep it between 2-5k RPM, and vary the speed as much as possible for the first 500-1000 miles, right?

Which is more important, changing rpm's or mph? I'd think its the engine speed, as the point is to get the engine used to diff forces; the wheels really don't care whether they're going 20 or 60 mph.

E.g. for cruising at 60 mph - keep shifting between 4,5 and 6th gear is the best option, although going 80 isn't a bad idea either.

Now do I let the wf drive it to work (the deal was for her to drive the new car to work, but got to choose the car), or do I hide it in the garage until I put a couple of coats of Finish First?

Fortunately, no snow for a couple of days. Just hate for the new paint to see any road salt before the prophelactic is applied