Opinions needed about TSX & Divorce

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks everyone. So far nothing has changed. she walks around the house ignoring me. she calls me by my name now instead of pet names. but it doesn't really bother me anymore. not this time. I will see where it goes.
Old 02-23-2007, 02:46 AM
Advanced

Man I thought I am going through a lot at my age, I am 20 and my son is going to be 6 months old in March. My fiancé had a little one with her ex he turing 6 soon, and I love the boys death and would do anything and everything for them.

I am the only one working and paying for all the bills, and I know it’s not easy. If all comes down to it, my 04 WDP TL(which I love) would be the first thing to go(I do have a back up). Cars come and go. Get your life straightened out, get some basic set of wheels for the time being. You don't want to be in debt and struggle to keep the TSX, you can always find another down the road.

I do think your wife needs to grow up, bringing up the name of your ex who passed is going too far. Then for your wife to talk bad about her, I think that’s just fucked up. If she does not stop, she needs to leave. I know when to throw in the tower and just tell my girl "I am sorry and I love you", but what your wife is doing is just wrong. Guys will lose just about all the arguments, but when to put your foot down is up to you.

I lost a good friend few years back due to a car accident. I will never forget that day, and how sad and hopeless I felt that maybe I could of some how some way helped to prevent it. I know the feeling even though it does not nearly measure up to what you when passing of your wife. What I am trying to say is that losing some one you know is the most painful thing in the world, I don’t think I could hold my self back if some one is to talk shit about him.

Good luck, you have a long life ahead of you.
Old 02-23-2007, 06:01 AM
Advanced

Doesn't matter if you love the car if you can't make car payments easily.
Especially since you still owe as much as a new one. Wouldn't it be better to buy one when you can afford it, and you would still owe about $30k then but you would have a brand new car.
Old 02-23-2007, 07:28 AM
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by WICKEDFX
hehe this reply made me laugh a bit. I understand what you saying, also i don't have too much of a problem letting the car go. We rushed into marriage because we are both military and she's an officer and i'm enlisted. so if we were caught together we would both be kicked out. so it was either get married or say goodbye. also the reason why i can't ask for pay raise.
Sounds like she's just a tad bit insecure. It will never get better, trust me on this. Just get your divorce, put it past you, and get on with your life sans TSX.

If the car is in your name or both of your names, turn it in to the bank or dealer. Don't let her ruin your credit more by not paying the bish that it would get ruined for turning it in. If it's just in her name, let her keep it.

I know what you're going through. 10 years in the military showed me plenty of this. Looks like you got one of the psychos. I always said there were three types of women in the military: lesbos, psychos, and nymphos; some of them are all three!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:36 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
BTW - How do you still owe 30K on a car that shouldn't have cost that much to begin with?
Old 02-23-2007, 02:00 PM
Instructor

we got the car for 30,700. So yea we didn't do too great on dealing with the price. i never was good at that. How do you turn it into the dealer and walk away without having to pay more on it?
Old 02-23-2007, 10:40 PM
Instructor

NEW UPDATE!!!!!!!

Ok well as of right now we just found out that my wifes mom has been in a car accident and is in the hospital. So all of a sudden we are as close as can be again. She said she missed me this whole time. so i am going to take care of her and put our problems aside. will update everyone with what's going on. we are driving from nor cali to texas in a few.
Old 02-24-2007, 01:05 AM
PJS
Burning Brakes

How convenient something else to focus her mind on changes her behaviour.
I'd say now was the time you put the cards on the table and had it out with her to see if there's anything worth salvaging.
Hope the MIL gets well soon, but at the first sign of the missus reverting to her old ways, show her how the front door works from the outside.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You fall in love to quickly and are obviously making some wrong choices about women. If this was not true then everything would be fine. So sell the car and super dump that crazy women as it seems.

Just make sure the TSX goes to a good home not a screwed up one.
Old 02-24-2007, 09:44 AM
East Coast Crew

Well if she acts up again. She needs a beating to tell her who's the man of the house. I think part of the reason why she's acting like that is because you're the "nice" guy. It doesn't seem like you really fight back.
Old 02-24-2007, 10:05 AM
Racer

My suggestion, and it's what I always suggested to my troops when I was in the Air Force, is simple: BE THE FIRST TO FILE THE PAPERWORK! If you allow her to file you will eventually be screwed. Make sure you file the divorce papers and you will come out better in the end.

Divorces get ugly and the best thing you can do for yourself is ensure that you begin the process in court.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:19 PM
Instructor

im sure someone else has mentioned this -

Lots of us feel strongly about TSX's and other nice cars but at the end of the day they are appliances. 90 percent of the time the average person uses it to drive to work, sits there all day, people hit it with there car doors, and then drives it home in the evening.

The tsx serves the same purpose a chevy cobalt does at the end of the day, if your worried about payments go ahead and get out of the car. Ive been in tight situations before and havign your self spread thin by a car payment is no way to live. So many more things that you could enjoy in life.
Old 02-25-2007, 08:37 PM
Registered Car Nut

Dude, no sermon from me. The car's just a car, and there are obviously things that require more of your attention/money... Good luck man!
Old 02-26-2007, 01:39 AM
Instructor

Ok guys. sorry i have not updated. Her mom got released from the hospital the same night. I had to work my military reserve weekend so i was too tired to come on here. Tonight we went at it again. She told me that i never do this and i never do that so i told her the times that i did do them and she changed the subject to start bad mouthing my ex that passed away. I say nothing and let her go on. Then she tells me that I have I did so much for my ex but not enough for her. So i tell her all the things i try to do for her and she says she doesn't care and bad mouths my ex some more. I tell her that i would like for her to quit threatoning our marriage every time she get's upset and to stop bringing up my ex and let's move on with our life, So she tells me that she will stay with me if I stop talking to every woman on this earth except my family. I laugh and ask if she's serious. she says she can't be married to someone who talks to other women no matter who they are. So we go on and on for awhile and everything i say to her she ignores and talks more trash about my ex. So i finally tell her that talking about my ex doesn't bother me, she can talk all she wants, i don't care. But i say if your going to keep talking about her then say something new because you keep repeating yourself too much and it's getting old. So she get's up talking to herself and mumbling "i can't take this.... your stupid.... yea your stupid that's it there's no more. it's done"

So yea i guess i am too nice. but i don't need this in my life. If anyone wants any of the parts i have on my car, let me know. parts are as follows.
---Tein s-techs
---white led side view mirrors (driver side warped and lense fits a little odd on housing) $40.obo
---10,000K low beam hid bulbs used 10 hours $80. obo
---8,000K full HID kit for fog lights used 10 hours $150. obo or $200 for low beam & fog
---umnitza angel eyes (brand new never installed) $150 firm!
---Full unpainted raven body kit not installed $600. obo
---completed led tail lights (not in housings yet and no reverse lights yet. can do reverse lights if you want) $200. firm!! (paid $100. for parts and did too much labor so $100. for that too.)
---Chrome TSX lisence plate frame $10.
---Rear lower bumper reflectors with 6 leds in each (can hook up to parking lights or blinkers.)
Trade for stock plus $20.
---clear headlights, blinker also cleared. (trade plus $50.00)

You pay shipping on all parts, except angel eyes. i will ship those anywhere.
Will take pics if you like. Everyone knows what this stuff is worth, so make me an offer.
Old 02-26-2007, 02:30 AM
Intermediate

I am not one to talk about marriage problems because I'm too young, but from the looks of it, I think the fact that your wife cheated on you in the beginning gives her an insecure look at life at the fact that she thinks you still love your ex or will pursue another relationship. The way i see it, if she loves you, she'll give you your space...
Old 02-26-2007, 08:10 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by WICKEDFX
So she get's up talking to herself and mumbling "i can't take this.... your stupid.... yea your stupid that's it there's no more. it's done"
Okay... FILE THE FKIN PAPERWORK!! My wife and I disagree about stuff all the time, but never have we ever threatened divorce and NEVER has the idea of NOT talking to the opposite sex (except for family members) ever been proposed.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by moda_way
Okay... FILE THE FKIN PAPERWORK!! My wife and I disagree about stuff all the time, but never have we ever threatened divorce and NEVER has the idea of NOT talking to the opposite sex (except for family members) ever been proposed.
I will agree with Ryan on this one man. If she is seriously going to keep threatening its done and divorce, just present the papers to her and when she sees that your serious, it will either make her realize that you are NOT going to take her crap anymore and that "could" change her or not. Either way, you can't deal with that anymore! As for the not talking to other woman, come on, be realistic. You go grocery shopping, how many men clerks do you see? You go to a jewelry store (to buy something for her) how many men do you see working there? You can't go through life without talking to the opposite, and for her to request something like that is just childs play!! (i was pushing the envelope to get the point across) I am NOT a fan of divorce nor would i want to condone it, but when some one is being that ridiculous, its out of your control Pray for her as i'm sure you do, and see what happens with the papers man! Good luck.
Old 02-26-2007, 11:42 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I just read a quote in one of those damn chain emails and I know it was in a movie (I think "Shawshank Redemption") too... seems relevant here:

Get busy living or get busy dying.
Old 03-02-2007, 02:01 AM
Pro

i couldn't agree with synthetics more, smart man and sorry to hear about your predicament, but yeah struggling to pay for the car isn't worth it, when you're better you can work towards it again
Old 03-02-2007, 07:49 AM
Racer

File the paperwork FIRST!!!

That is one of the most important things in who gets the preferential treatment in a divorce (usually the woman does), especially in California and Texas.

Again, do yourself a favor and serve your wife the divorce papers before she serves them to you.

Originally Posted by moda_way
I just read a quote in one of those damn chain emails and I know it was in a movie (I think "Shawshank Redemption") too... seems relevant here:

Get busy living or get busy dying.
Yup, Shawshank is right.
Old 03-02-2007, 08:09 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Sorry, this is getting a little off topics. Best of luck in resolving the issues. Please continue the discussion in the "Dating & Relationships" forum, and post the for sale items in the "Black Market" forum.

https://acurazine.com/forums/dating-relationships-14/

https://acurazine.com/forums/non-automotive-motorcycle-sales-9/