Opinions of Acura service?

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions of Acura service?

I just took our '04 minivan in for a warrantee-covered problem and when I picked it up, the service writer said the tech "couldn't duplicate the problem I claimed to be having." This infuriated me as the problem was highly evident, so I'm bringing the minivan in a second time for the same problem.
This got me wondering; how have all of you found Acura's service? So far, at 800 miles, our '05 TSX hasn't had any problems (knock knock), but if we do experience anything, I'm wondering how well a premium brand like Acura treats its customers.
Old 02-12-2005, 07:12 PM
Racer

I had a creaking sound in my dash, and it took 3 trips to the dealer ( Ron Tonkin Acura) to fix it.

1st trip - they applied some foam tape and the sound came back a few days later.

2nd trip - they couldn't duplicate the sound, and did nothing.

3rd trip - finally fixed the problem.

Each trip they had my car for 2 days, and did a slack job of washing my car, plus the dealer loaner (04 TSX auto) was the dirtiiest new car I had even been in.

I have owned Acuras for 6 years now, and they have cut many corners ( less friendly staff, poorly cleaned / maintained loaners ) since I first got my car serviced. But I can't complain too much as they generally have been able to fix all the problems.
I guess you just get used to being treated a certain way, and you notice then the effort is not there anymore.
Old 02-13-2005, 01:11 PM
TSX User

I also had to take in my TSX twice to correct the dashboard rattles. Luckily, the second time I vrought it in, the mechanic drove the car with me in the passenger side and within 2 minutes he noticed "all" the rattles and where they came from.

These guys are expert mechanics; they're just not psychic.

One downside was that I forgot to tell them NOT to wash the car. I got it back and there were swirls all over the car, not to mention areas where they completely missed.
Old 02-13-2005, 10:47 PM
Instructor

I have had fantastic service from Dilawri Acura here in Regina, SK, Canada. They always go out of their way to help me and always make sure I get a loaner (even though the last loaner - an 04 TL - tried to kill me...stupid tire falling off the rim!).

Love it & will keep buying cars from them!
Old 02-15-2005, 04:28 PM
Cruisin'

Not up to par for luxury brand

I actually knew this going into the purchase, Acura and BMW are infamous for sub-par customer service. I have the squeeking dashboard thing as well. They said they will not give me a loaner car when I know this will take all day. I am just coming over from Lexus, and it is like a different universe. There is just a level of professionalism that is lost, also, Lexus will give you a loaner for even routine maintenance, let alone warranty repair! I am willing to suffer a little bit for a value packed car like the TSX, but they are not exactly inspiring me to be a repeat customer.
Old 02-15-2005, 04:39 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I have had poor service from my local Acura dealer (Power Acura in Torrance, CA). I could never get in touch w/ a service rep or mgr regardless of what time I called. Even when I left voicemail msgs, I would not get any call backs. I finally got a response 2 days after I left a 3rd voicemail. I took my car in due to a slight pull to the left and to check the alignment. They confirmed that the car pulls and that the rt rear camber was - 2.1 degrees, which is outside of spec. Unfortunately, Acura has no fix for this issue despite it being a known problem since 2003. I asked the svc mgr to see if their mechanics could at least center the rear carriage so that the left and rt side camber would be equal. They wouldn't do it. They said that Acura techline told them not to do this (despite the fact that there are people on this forum who were told that Acura tech forum indicated this is a proper fix). They kept my car overnight and basically didn't do anything to it other than check the alignment and did not even offer a loaner.

Compared to the service I have received in the past from 2 Infiniti dealers, Power Acura doesn't even compare. In fact, the Gardena Honda service dept provides much better service when I take my Honda Pilot there. I took my Pilot in for warranty work. They indicated they would have it back to me the same day, but were not able to get it done. They offered to put me in a rental car for free. The svc mgrs at my local Honda dealer are much more responsive than their Acura counterparts.
Old 02-15-2005, 05:18 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I have only had my TSX serviced once. Acura of Cerritos did the 5000mi. service (i.e. oil change) and performed the wire harness recall fix. I have nothing but good things to report. I made an appointment by phone. I dropped the TSX off, got a ride back on their shuttle, and picked it up that evening. I was treated in a curteous and professional manner the whole time. The work was done well (no scratches in trunk, no oil spills). The car was ready on time (in fact it was brought to me about 30 seconds after I paid up). They washed the car (I forgot to tell them not to, no scratches or swirl marks).

I used to take my Integra to this service center for major scheduled service (30K, 60K, 90K) and a couple of times for other fixits. They were excellent to work with the entire time. I highly recommend them for those of you in So Cal.
Old 02-15-2005, 11:42 PM
Old fart

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts
It depends on the dealership... The one I bought my car from are a bunch of idiots... I still don't have 16 gears to downshift when going to a stop (brake vibration)

But took my car up north to WI and they just did the work on my car and I was on my way, no hassling me. Zimbrick Acura
Old 02-16-2005, 01:42 AM
Master in Science

Really depends on the dealer.
Old 02-16-2005, 07:49 AM
ric
Safety Car

Have had decent experiences with both Metro Acura and Main Line (Ardmore) Acura. Metro did a quickfix on a dumb problem while I waited, and then said it was so dumb they didn't want to charge me for it. Main Line was very efficient and courteous on my first visit there; gave me the choice of waiting or a shuttle drive to CC Philly. They gave me the estimate of time needed, gave me updates, and finished about 30 minutes before they said they would.

Compared to my VW dealer (@#$%^&*()
Old 03-09-2005, 01:59 PM
Cruisin'

I've had great service at Falconi's Acura in Las Vegas. I had a rattling problem with my window. I had to wait a week while they ordered the part. No fuss or hassle with them.

I've had them do service when I owned my other Acura (Integra)
Old 03-09-2005, 02:23 PM
Banned

It varies depending on the dealer...sometimes is great and sometimes it's awful.

Schaller Acura- Manchester, Ct- wonderful service, bought my TSX here, besides jipping me of my factory wheels when I got the silverstars they're very nice, but they couldn't fix my car for anything! i had an integra gsr and the door locks were messing up so they replaced the actuators and i brought it back about 4 times and they kept trying different things...never actually fixed it but ended up costing me about $800 in total for everything they tried. (3 out of 5)

Delray Acura- Delray Beach, FL-I called them several times and they never answer their phone in the service department....it rings maybe 30 times and then a girl's answering machine picks up...i've left a couple messages saying i wanted an oil change but they never called me back. (0 out of 5)

Ed Morse Acura-Pompano Beach, FL- Very rude at the service department and on the phone, don't seem to care much about their customers, brought the integra there and they didn't wash it...so i asked "don't they usually wash the cars" and the woman was like "oh yea, they always do" so they took it back and washed it. when i brought the tsx there for an oil change they didn't put air in my tires and on the integra they didn't fill up the windshield washer fluid. (2 out of 5)

Palm Beach Acura-West Palm Beach, FL-A little further away but worth the drive, they're rreeealy friendly, and they explain everything about the car, the dealership is brand new and laid out beautifully, I got my rattle fixed here, the water in my headlight fixed, and i get my oil changed here. (5 out of 5)
Old 03-09-2005, 03:01 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

courtesy acura in sanford has the greatest service that i have ever had in my life. period.

kudos.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:02 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
It varies so much from region to region, it's hard to say. I've also had good and bad experiences with the same dealership, so it just depends on the day, really. Honestly, no service department should ever be judged by a single bad action, as long as they are looking to improve. With that said, I will say that the service reps should never ever argue with a customer. That just looks bad no matter how you spin it.
Old 03-09-2005, 03:25 PM
Banned

Do Mechanics Read ?

About the mechanics:
2 times I have actually met the mechanics who worked on my car - and both spoke little English...and I noticed there were more of those in the shop.
so I been wondering: Don't they need to know English well enough to READ the materials like docs and instructions and stuff...I mean modern cars comes with a shitload of docs --- so how the hell do they really ???
Old 03-10-2005, 04:00 AM
Racer

Acura of Ann Arbor has been great so far with warranty services.
Old 03-10-2005, 06:15 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Superior Acura in Fairfield, OH has treated me well with the warranty work. I also have a clearcoat chipping issue on my front bumper and need only to schedule the repaint. They are completely covering it.

Best rated service that I know of sans expensive exotic cars, is Lexus.
Old 03-10-2005, 09:53 AM
5th Gear

I always went to Park Ave Acura since it's only a mile from where I work. The people were always very friendly and the new service department is swank, but the weird thing is that every time I would call to make an appointment for scheduled maintenance, they would tell me it's just an oil change. I called for both 10k & 20k sched maint and they said the same thing each time, that it's just an oil change. I even e-mailed the service manager and I never got a reply.

Anyway, I ended up going to Acura of Ramsey for my 20k service. Much bigger service department, but it wasn't as nice as park ave's. They also got me an appointment in one week, where park ave needs at least 2 to 3 weeks.
Old 03-10-2005, 04:35 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Top notch for me.

Check out next Friday for a review I will post about the Acura Service I've been getting.

I will post this while the car will be turning 100k miles.
Old 03-10-2005, 05:03 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by sauceman
I will post this while the car will be turning 100k miles.
Mine will get there ....

in 2014
Old 03-10-2005, 05:23 PM
Got Milk???

Originally Posted by jlukja
Mine will get there ....

in 2014
Jlukja,

Have you ever had the infamous rattle problem?? I've heard that Acura of Cerritos is very good at fixing that problem. I've had my car taken to Acura of Tustin and Acura of Pasadena, none of them were able to "acknowledge" or fix the problem. I love my TSX, but the way Acura is servicing people (from my experience), I'd end up shopping for Lexus on my next car.

-K
Old 03-10-2005, 06:02 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kaikai114
Jlukja,

Have you ever had the infamous rattle problem?? I've heard that Acura of Cerritos is very good at fixing that problem. I've had my car taken to Acura of Tustin and Acura of Pasadena, none of them were able to "acknowledge" or fix the problem. I love my TSX, but the way Acura is servicing people (from my experience), I'd end up shopping for Lexus on my next car.

-K
No rattles. I've been lucky in that respect. I only had the dashboard creak but it went away on its own at around 1200 mi. I have just recently noticed the window and sunroof creak but I found a way to fix it (silicone spray) and I'll try to do so this weekend.

I really feel for those that have the rattle problems. By all means try a different service department. Cerritos was very good to me when I had my Integra serviced there and they also came highly recommended when I did some informal research as to where to take my TSX. Granted, I've never had any issues with my Acuras that required trial-and-error or hunting down the cause of a problem. Even when things broke it was fairly obvious what the problem was and Cerritos Acura took care of it quickly and professionally. In one respect, those of us in So Cal are fairly lucky because we have so many dealer to choose from. If Cerritos doesn't do it for us then maybe Weir Canyon, Torrance, Downey, or South Coast can do better. Just don't let up. Make them go on drives with you until the tech hears the same rattle you hear and then fixes it.

Lastly, try the following service departments: Cerritos (2004), Downey (2004, 2002, 2001), Tustin (2004, 2001), Weir Canyon (2004, 2003, 2002), and Keys (2004, 2003, 2002, 2001). Each of these, according to Acura.com, earned the Precision Team certification which, in theory, puts them at the top of Acura's list in satisfying their customers. You may have a better chance with their service departments.

Originally Posted by Acura.com
The Precision Team Dealer of Distinction status is the most prestigious and coveted honor that Acura can grant to its dealerships. The status recognizes those dealership teams that demonstrate superior achievement in customer satisfaction, new-car-unit sales volume, business management, customer follow-up, sales and service training. In 2004, 41 Acura dealerships earned the Precision Team Dealer of Distinction status.

Acura dealerships that received the 2004 Precision Team Dealer of Distinction status realize what this honor demands - excellence, which can only be achieved by working as a team. The status reflects a total commitment to customers ; it is the highest praise that an Acura dealership can receive because it demands the highest personal investment and stimulates the greatest results - satisfied, loyal customers.

Good Luck
Old 03-10-2005, 06:41 PM
Got Milk???

Good thing you brought it up, that's exactly the creaks I've been having on the front 2 windows, it creaks like mad and drives me nuts! What kind of Silicone Spray are you using and can you also give me some tips on how to get it done??? I'd really appreciate it!

-K

Originally Posted by jlukja
No rattles. I've been lucky in that respect. I only had the dashboard creak but it went away on its own at around 1200 mi. I have just recently noticed the window and sunroof creak but I found a way to fix it (silicone spray) and I'll try to do so this weekend.

I really feel for those that have the rattle problems. By all means try a different service department. Cerritos was very good to me when I had my Integra serviced there and they also came highly recommended when I did some informal research as to where to take my TSX. Granted, I've never had any issues with my Acuras that required trial-and-error or hunting down the cause of a problem. Even when things broke it was fairly obvious what the problem was and Cerritos Acura took care of it quickly and professionally. In one respect, those of us in So Cal are fairly lucky because we have so many dealer to choose from. If Cerritos doesn't do it for us then maybe Weir Canyon, Torrance, Downey, or South Coast can do better. Just don't let up. Make them go on drives with you until the tech hears the same rattle you hear and then fixes it.

Lastly, try the following service departments: Cerritos (2004), Downey (2004, 2002, 2001), Tustin (2004, 2001), Weir Canyon (2004, 2003, 2002), and Keys (2004, 2003, 2002, 2001). Each of these, according to Acura.com, earned the Precision Team certification which, in theory, puts them at the top of Acura's list in satisfying their customers. You may have a better chance with their service departments.

Good Luck
Old 03-10-2005, 09:58 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by kaikai114
Good thing you brought it up, that's exactly the creaks I've been having on the front 2 windows, it creaks like mad and drives me nuts! What kind of Silicone Spray are you using and can you also give me some tips on how to get it done??? I'd really appreciate it!

-K
I did a search, found this thread: http://www.acura-tsx.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17408, and asked the same questions you asked (see my post #11 in that thread). Dan Martin, xizor, and miner answered. I'll be off to the auto parts store this weekend to pick up some silicone spray and see if the solution works.
Old 03-11-2005, 01:24 AM
Got Milk???

thanks dood, i'mma head over to pepboys tomorrow and grab myself a can of spray
Old 03-12-2005, 12:50 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I bought my 2004 TSX at a new dealer and they are super. Every time I go in for service the are very nice and get right on the job. They have a nice LCD TV to watch, Star Bucks coffee and mags to read about cars. I've only been in for 2 oil changes and both times with no problems. The car was (inside and out) looks great. They even dress the tires!! I do have a rattle in my dash too that I must call them about and make an appointment to get check. We'll see how they perform on a REAL problem.
Old 03-12-2005, 01:41 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by vger105
I just took our '04 minivan in for a warrantee-covered problem and when I picked it up, the service writer said the tech "couldn't duplicate the problem I claimed to be having." This infuriated me as the problem was highly evident, so I'm bringing the minivan in a second time for the same problem.
This got me wondering; how have all of you found Acura's service? So far, at 800 miles, our '05 TSX hasn't had any problems (knock knock), but if we do experience anything, I'm wondering how well a premium brand like Acura treats its customers.
My TSX so far 29 000 miles and many problems, service from LEITH ACURA exelent
Old 03-12-2005, 01:46 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by TSX 'R' US
It depends on the dealership... The one I bought my car from are a bunch of idiots... I still don't have 16 gears to downshift when going to a stop (brake vibration

But took my car up north to WI and they just did the work on my car and I was on my way, no hassling me. Zimbrick Acura
Brake Vibration - Warp rotors, ask them to work on rotors , same think happen to my car after 6 00 miles (Poor quality brake pads causing this)
Old 03-12-2005, 01:54 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by vger105
My TSX so far 29 000 miles and many problems, service from LEITH ACURA Cary, NC is exelent .
My TSX
Old 03-12-2005, 02:18 PM
Racer

for those of you in SoCal area, LA ish area. does either downey, cerritos, or keys give out loaner cars for warrenty work?
im going to go get an oil change soon and wanted to get some stuff check out too. like the clicking clutch, some rattles, stuff like that. would they give me loaner car for these?
Old 03-12-2005, 07:13 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by euroStyle
for those of you in SoCal area, LA ish area. does either downey, cerritos, or keys give out loaner cars for warrenty work?
im going to go get an oil change soon and wanted to get some stuff check out too. like the clicking clutch, some rattles, stuff like that. would they give me loaner car for these?
I think warranty work actually takes priority over just regualr maintenance when it comes to loaners (at least it should). In the case of Cerritos I saw a signout board behind the service writers desk that looked like it had about 15 cars on it (RLs, TLs, and TSXs). Best option is to just give them a call and request a loaner while making an appointment.
Old 03-12-2005, 07:41 PM
Racer

good, idea, thanks for the tip.