Online Petition to Recall the 04' Acura TSX

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 02:12 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Online Petition to Recall the 04' Acura TSX

Hello Fellow Acura Owners-

I am a 2004 Acura TSX owner with the exact same intermittent A/C problem as a lot of people. The A/C works fine in the city (stop and go traffic) and starts blowing warm air when I'm moving at a consistent speed (highway).

I went to the dealership and ran into some bad customer service as well. They are pretty condescending and assume that I don't know how to work the A/C. I mentioned this community and the similar problems everybody else has had but they obviously don't take us seriously. I offered them potential solutions based on everyone's experiences but once again they didn't care to listen.

That being said, I'm now having my water pump replaced which I haven't read about yet on this thread. They offer no guarantees and its basically an educated guess which is probably wrong. The only thing they know how to do is sqeeze money out of us.

I'm pretty fed up with Acura's customer service, their refusal to take customer's complaints seriously, their denial, and overall poor quality for a self proclaimed "luxury" brand. Fortunately we have communities like this and other new outlets (blogs, social networks, etc) where the consumer has a much louder voice. I work in the marketing industry and know for a fact that major companies are afraid of what people say online. Negative press can spread very fast and very far.

If anybody else is pissed off at Acura I am willing to start an online petition regarding this A/C problem just to show them how many people are being effected. If you want to hit them real hard, they just launched the new TSX and it is being heavily promoted. Right now is the last time they need negative press.

I will check to see if there is any interest.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:50 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
No company is ever going to be pressured into issuing an expensive as fuck recall (>$1000 per affected vehicle to repair) based on consumer pressure alone. Look at it this way, how much money do they stand to lose by not fixing the problem vs fixing it voluntarily? Since it's not a safety related issue and it would be very hard to turn around sue Honda for a huge sum because your A/C doesn't work reliably, it's certainly many times over again cheaper to just deal with the problems as they come up.

If you want to push for anything, push them to extend the warranty on the AC parts. It's going to be a hard fight without solid numbers on failure rates.

It sucks your service experience was sub-par but that has absolutely no bearing on this idea of a recall.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:43 PM
7th Gear

At least fix the problem...

Okay...maybe a recall is a little extreme. But they should at least offer to fix the problem for free similar to the headlight issue. And at mimimum they should send out a memo to all the dealerships and make them aware. The fact that there is no communication (or perhaps avoidance of the issue) exacerbates the problem. I've read about 7-10 different diagnoses for the same exact problem. Some people spend thousands to rebuild their entire A/C system and some spend $4 for a new relay chip. That is the real issue here.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by kboy1082
Okay...maybe a recall is a little extreme. But they should at least offer to fix the problem for free similar to the headlight issue. And at mimimum they should send out a memo to all the dealerships and make them aware. The fact that there is no communication (or perhaps avoidance of the issue) exacerbates the problem. I've read about 7-10 different diagnoses for the same exact problem. Some people spend thousands to rebuild their entire A/C system and some spend $4 for a new relay chip. That is the real issue here.
There are a couple different problems with the A/C, hence the different repairs. My compressor hasn't been destroyed yet, but my relay went, causing warm air to blow out. They are just separate issues.

However, I do agree that they should do something, whether it be replacing parts or free repairs when it happens.
Old 06-11-2008, 04:28 PM
Oh well it's

Recall, recall, recall, recall!!
Old 06-11-2008, 05:51 PM
ridiculously good looking

has an online petition ever worked?!?! arent they not credible?
Old 06-11-2008, 06:40 PM
Make a hole, coming thru!

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
I've had 2-3 "recall" repairs done on my 1987 Jeep in the time I owned it ... but those were very specific parts, rather than problems with a system.

It sure as hell shows good faith on the part of the manufacturer. Got my fingers crossed for you guys....

Just curious, has anyone determined that these parts were changed/updated for 2005 and 2006 and later? That would suggest a known problem.