Is this ok????

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2005, 11:12 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is this ok????

If you have a brand new tsx or just a tsx you take care of and you always find the farthest spot away to park in away from hazards. Then an idiot with a minivan still parks 6 fkin inches away from your passenger door and puts a ding on it. Do you

A. key his car
B. let it go
C. leave a note

I chose A.

I'm sorry but if you have that little respect for someones property that you can just sqeeze your minivan next to it and rest your door on their door you should get your face smashed in. Whats amazing is standing there thinking "I wonder how this guy got out of his car" not being able to notice any door ding. Then taking a flashlight and discovering your new found scar.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Automobile Aficionado

D. wait for the f'er to come back to his car

or

E. get his liscence plate number, get a police report and file a report with your insurnace company
Old 08-30-2005, 11:17 AM
What Would Don Draper Do?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
do you know for sure that the ding came from the minivan? i mean, someone else could have tried to park, dinged your car, and left. then the minivan comes and just happens to be next to your car. it's a possibility.

i would opt for c.

edit: d and e work too.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:22 AM
Canuck

Originally Posted by NJtsx

or

E. get his liscence plate number, get a police report and file a report with your insurnace company
At least in Toronto, parking lot infractions will almost all the time be 50/50 fault. You pay for your damage, he pays for his and you both get written up as being at fault.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:26 AM
Cruisin'

I try to park my S2000 out away from people when I'm in a big parking lot, and without fail I'll come out from the store and there'll be someone in the spot next to me. After 2 years of ownership, the only dings are scratches in some weird places, and dings caused by myself (well, just one ding).

The problem with driving a car everyday is that you're going to get paint chips and dings. It's frustrating when it happens, especially if you take good care of your car.

But what did you accomplish by keying his car? You left before he/she came out to see the keying, so unless you wrote "You dinged my car, asshole." they won't learn any lesson. It's like punishing a puppy an hour after it does something wrong. They'll just be pissed, perhaps call the police, but not realized what they did wrong.

You should've left a note, telling them you have their license plate number, and that you'll be filing a damage police report and contacting your insurance company (which then they'll be able to contact the offender's insurance company), and then worst case scenario, nothing happens, but best case scenario is you can get your door fixed.

By keying their car, your best case scenario is that nothing happens and your door isn't fixed, but if they call the police and someone witnessed you doing it, you might be in some trouble.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:35 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by NJtsx
... and ding his/her head.

Unless he's huge & mean in which case apologize for being in the way of his door.
Old 08-30-2005, 11:40 AM
Automobile Aficionado

Originally Posted by narci
At least in Toronto, parking lot infractions will almost all the time be 50/50 fault. You pay for your damage, he pays for his and you both get written up as being at fault.
not in the states....anything is possible
Old 08-30-2005, 12:01 PM
HOWARD911S

if you did not see him ding your door, then he did NOT ding your door, can file all the police report you want, but no proof, even if the paint is same color, it will not stand in court unless there was more than 1 witness and or if videotaped...
Old 08-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Intermediate

The same thing happens to me EVERY time I park my car! I always find the most open area to park in and every time I come back out to find some asshole parked right next to me with open spots all around. I check every inch of my car every time this happens, but luckily no one has hit me.....yet. I don't know what I'll do when I find that first ding. I work in the insurance industry and I know that the only way to get something that like fixed is to file a claim under your OWN comprehensive coverage. Here's another "less-than-destructive" method for gaining revenge.....simply let all of the air out of their tires! It leaves no permanent damage, no cost to repair, but they're going to have one hell of a time going anywhere unless they carry an air compressor with them!
Old 08-30-2005, 12:43 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by ASpecTSX
The same thing happens to me EVERY time I park my car! I always find the most open area to park in and every time I come back out to find some asshole parked right next to me with open spots all around. I check every inch of my car every time this happens, but luckily no one has hit me.....yet. I don't know what I'll do when I find that first ding. I work in the insurance industry and I know that the only way to get something that like fixed is to file a claim under your OWN comprehensive coverage. Here's another "less-than-destructive" method for gaining revenge.....simply let all of the air out of their tires! It leaves no permanent damage, no cost to repair, but they're going to have one hell of a time going anywhere unless they carry an air compressor with them!

LOL thats pretty funny except letting the air out of someones tires takes awhile haha.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:01 PM
Banned

The same thing happens to me EVERY time I park my car! I always find the most open area to park in and every time I come back out to find some asshole parked right next to me with open spots all around.
I am now beginning to see that it is not just me.

One of these days I am going to wait there and when my neighbor comes back
I tell him I am doing a research and ask him why he chose to pick that spot.

Above everything else I am just fecking curious
Old 08-30-2005, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by rtlltj
If you have a brand new tsx or just a tsx you take care of and you always find the farthest spot away to park in away from hazards. Then an idiot with a minivan still parks 6 fkin inches away from your passenger door and puts a ding on it. Do you

A. key his car
B. let it go
C. leave a note

I chose A.
Then you better make sure you can play rough all the way - know what I mean ?
You never know he might catch you and turns out to be a psycho with a .38
Old 08-30-2005, 01:07 PM
2005 TL (7/07-8/29/09)

Put a ding into the minivan and call it even.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:21 PM
Racer

People who key other people's cars have no right to complain if someone has dinged theirs.
Grow up.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:25 PM
8 hrs/day in a Crown Vic

Originally Posted by HEKURTSEHU
I am now beginning to see that it is not just me.

One of these days I am going to wait there and when my neighbor comes back
I tell him I am doing a research and ask him why he chose to pick that spot.

Above everything else I am just fecking curious

Last Sunday, there were at least 20 empty spaces around me. Sure enough, when I came out of the store, there was an old Cadillac parked right next to me. WTF!! I checked and thankfully no dings but still. WTF!!
Old 08-30-2005, 01:27 PM
send me a link to JDM??

Originally Posted by theElio
People who key other people's cars have no right to complain if someone has dinged theirs.
Grow up.
Old 08-30-2005, 01:45 PM
PWP Wh0r3

i'm still 9-10 months away from getting my TSX (or RSX), currently im driving mom's 05 sabaru legacy right now, i got a small bump in the ass by a stupid tourus out of no where (that guy was obviously sleeping cos the traffic was kinda bad and 99% of us were in a stop) luckily there was no damage, just a stupid license bolt mark engraved to the rear bumper, that was painful, pissed and scary enough (scary cos the impact felt and sounded it would have caused noticeable damage). I know how you feel my friend.

and i agree with theElio, you are not much better than that person if you do what you would have chosen to do as revenge for the ding. Shit happens and life isn't fair sometimes. That's like saying if someone killed my girlfriend, i have to kill that (assuming the killer is a male and not gay) person's girlfriend in return?

just my
Old 08-30-2005, 02:21 PM
TSX User

Originally Posted by arprt ops
Last Sunday, there were at least 20 empty spaces around me. Sure enough, when I came out of the store, there was an old Cadillac parked right next to me. WTF!! I checked and thankfully no dings but still. WTF!!

Most people with lower than average IQs need a reference point (i.e., your car) to park in between the lines. Hence, no matter how far you park, these dumbasses will follow. The good news is that these morons are parking that far away to avoid being dinged themselves.

It's usually the obtuse lazyasses that don't think when opening their doors.

Old 08-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Uh.......I accidentaly chose A.

Reminds me of a note I saw once with a picture of Mickey Mouse holding a sign that said, "Nice parking job asshole! Next time leave me a fucking can opener so I can get my car out."
Old 08-30-2005, 03:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by CJams
Uh.......I accidentaly chose A.

Reminds me of a note I saw once with a picture of Mickey Mouse holding a sign that said, "Nice parking job asshole! Next time leave me a fucking can opener so I can get my car out."

Seen/used that one. You forgot to mention Mickey is flipping the bird with one hand and holding the sign with the other.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:22 PM
tsxy

I could never key someones car but I hate when assholes park next to you when they know that you have intentionally parked far to avoid getting dings.

I believe in Karma.

I wouldn't key his car, because naturally things would work out to him getting his way worse, now you are in that place

I know how pissed you could be b/c trust me, I am very overly protective of my car too but you can't do that.
Old 08-30-2005, 04:38 PM
Three Wheelin'

I had this happen to me once in my s2000. I chose x. none of the above and hucked a huge lugi at their side window. No damage done to my car. I was pissed.

I think the message was clear... haha.
Old 08-30-2005, 05:46 PM
i want to ride my bicycle

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by CJams
Old 08-30-2005, 05:52 PM
Banned

cant see the pic boss
Old 08-30-2005, 06:00 PM
Instructor

A. key his car
B. let it go
C. leave a note
I choose F: Break the side mirror (I would love to do that - but we just end up moving it - so they must readjust the mirror.)

I would wait for them to come back and blast them or C plus move the mirror.
Old 08-30-2005, 06:06 PM
OG

Received 163 Likes on 100 Posts
Kick his mirror off

and yes...i've done it before
Old 08-30-2005, 06:06 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There are actually two of them, for slightly different occasions. Use them instead of keying the car. You'll feel better.

Print them and keep a couple on you just in case...
Old 08-30-2005, 06:09 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by jlukja

LMAO!!!
Old 08-30-2005, 07:35 PM
6MT & LSD

I think you have serious anger issues if you choose option A. As much as I hate those idiots who ding other cars, they're almost never intentional, and being idiots, they probably didn't even realize doing it. Besides, you can't be 100% certain that it was caused by someone else.

Also, if you get caught, you'll be the one getting f'ed, since you had malicious intent whereas the idiot didn't.

It's unfair and infuriating, but try and be rational.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:08 PM
Racer

Thanks to everyone posting these tickets. I gotta print these out and put them in the glove box. People are going to crack up when they see these.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:19 PM
VSA Rocks

A. key his car
B. let it go
C. leave a note
Soon after getting all of my dents repaired, a car w/ big ass doors dinged my Integra while parked at work. I actually used your option 'C' and left my business card.

The next day the owner approached me in my office and offered to pay.

<---Black 6spd who absolutely HATES Yukons, Suburbans, and other Motorhome-sized SUVs parking 1 inch from his TSX.
Old 09-01-2005, 06:23 PM
Guinea Pig

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thats the one jlukja!
Old 09-01-2005, 07:26 PM
Burning Brakes

Most of the time dings are not on purpose, but I know, sometimes it's because people just don't care. Well, the thing is, like someone else said, you don't know for sure if that person who parked next to you actually did it or if it was someone else who already came and left. That's really the bottom line -- you're too late to do anything about it. And 2 wrongs don't make a right either! Assuming it's a small ding, noone is going to care about it either (security, police).

So, once you calm down, most of these things don't go through the paint, and a little care will fix 'em up. Even if you have a ding that is a noticable dent, if it's on a flat part of the door (not on a crease), you might be able to undo it. I had a bunch of dents on the hood of my previous car (I parked under the wrong tree! "Aw, NUTS!") and I got out the worst ones with an inexpensive dent popper (about $25). Something to consider. There are also professionals that can do "paintless dent repair" if you're not handy.

Anyway, I almost never have problems except for the garage at work that has more narrow spaces than most parking lots. So, people are forced to be very close, and it's only a matter of time before someone is careless... So, I don't even try to park near the stairwell, but park in more inconvenient spots where fewer people park. Increases the odds of survival.

Seriously, I had tried parking in other areas of the garage, and I give up. The door-bashers win. They taught me not to park down there any more!