Not sure if slave cylinder or...

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2014, 07:11 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Question Not sure if slave cylinder or...

Hello A'zine! Always a pleasure to bring a problem before you guys lol. Anyhow, here is the situation. My clutch pedal won't come back up :/. Being that as it my, I obviously can't put my car into gear to drive her . However, the thing is if I pull it back up by hand and press it insanely fast/pump it I can BARELY manage to get it into gear, but the amount of quick force in addition to the amount of times necessary to get ANY resistance/spring back in the clutch pedal is way beyond practical for regular driving. I've been hearing and reading clutch slave cylinder but I don't recall anyone commenting on whether or not quick successive pumps were able to get them a reaction or not. So I come to you guys in hope of a definite answer
EDIT: I just realized this is in general discussion can a mod please move this to problem and fixes (if thread location is a problem).

Last edited by J_Phil; 01-19-2014 at 07:15 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:39 PM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Is the fluid level ok? If it's low, try topping it off. If it looks ok, it's possible that your throwout bearing broke (like mine did).
Old 01-20-2014, 09:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by green_henry
Is the fluid level ok? If it's low, try topping it off. If it looks ok, it's possible that your throwout bearing broke (like mine did).
The fluid levels are okay... and I PRAY that possibility stays just that, a possibility lol.
Old 01-21-2014, 10:10 PM
Instructor

About to get my car back from the mechanics. 'Twas the slave (not exactly good news but much better than other possibilities).
Old 01-22-2014, 11:31 PM
Instructor

So I got my car back and they did clutch slave and master cylinder and I have two problems making me very uneasy. One is that when I'm shifting it's either hard or notchy. I've grinded second gear twice today in the few hours I've had it and a notchy/rough entry into fourth and sixth. The other problem I have is that now my brake pedal is so soft! I tried to convince myself it was all in my head but I heel toe quiet a bit, and the point at where my brakes bite is a good bit lower and as well so soft!
Old 01-23-2014, 03:02 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
Originally Posted by J_Phil
So I got my car back and they did clutch slave and master cylinder and I have two problems making me very uneasy. One is that when I'm shifting it's either hard or notchy. I've grinded second gear twice today in the few hours I've had it and a notchy/rough entry into fourth and sixth. The other problem I have is that now my brake pedal is so soft! I tried to convince myself it was all in my head but I heel toe quiet a bit, and the point at where my brakes bite is a good bit lower and as well so soft!
Is shifting into gears notchier on cold starts? And it seems to get better as the engine warms up? If so your mechanic probably didn't adjust your clutch pedal correctly. Same issue happened to me when I changed out my CMC.

https://acurazine.com/forums/1g-tsx-problems-fixes-128/solved-clutch-pedal-low-engagement-point-837892/#post14751248
Old 01-23-2014, 05:33 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by mdkxtreme
Is shifting into gears notchier on cold starts? And it seems to get better as the engine warms up? If so your mechanic probably didn't adjust your clutch pedal correctly. Same issue happened to me when I changed out my CMC.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14751248
That is EXACTLY what it was! I took it back to him today and he readjusted it. For whatever reason I assumed they would have readjusted it to the same level it came into the shop with (i set it there for the same reason as), but now all is well and back to mostly smooth shifting . I'm guessing the brake thing may be all in my head?
EDIT: I clicked on your link and found out it was the same one I used to adjust my clutch in the first place lol.

Last edited by J_Phil; 01-23-2014 at 05:35 PM.
Old 01-23-2014, 05:41 PM

Received 322 Likes on 182 Posts
As for your brakes, I'm not really sure. Ask your mechanic about it? Spongy feeling the in the brakes usually means air in the system. But if your mechanic never touched the brake system then I'm not sure how to help. Check brake fluid reservoir?
Old 03-22-2014, 03:07 PM
Instructor

**UPDATE** So I've been driving my car for a while to see if things would settle and lo and behold, they didn't. If anything now it's worse. For starters, I cant shift out of first gear unless my foot is some what on or barely leaving throttle. Otherwise, it'll hold my shift lever and vehemently refuse to let go until some time has gone by (presumably as the revs die down). As well, occasionally shifting into first gear is a huge hassle unlike the ease it was before. I admit that I was and still am a little hesitant to bring my car back to the mechanic as the first time he felt nothing was wrong with the car even though I (who drives it everyday) insisted something was off. But at this point it's gotten too bad to ignore. Anyone want to chime in?