Not sure if i would call this a rattle

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 04:30 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Not sure if i would call this a rattle

Hey guys,
On my TSX whenever i hit the gas really hard or brake really hard i hear this creaking noise near the rear panel where the speakers are. It's not really a rattle since i haven't heard it rattle. Not even when there's a bassy song playing on the radio. It's only when i hit the gas hard, brake hard, or when i run over something unevenly for example a bump that only hits one side of the car and not the other.

Is there a TSB out for this one? Or has anyone else had this? Would you guys consider this a rattle that isn't fully a rattle?
Old 07-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Master in Science

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have anything loose in your car? A pen could do it.

Might not even come from your door. Might be in the center arm rest right next to you.

I found that if the right seat belt buckle is lodged in between the passenger seat and the column, it will rattle.
Old 07-23-2005, 08:33 AM
Safety Car

Received 312 Likes on 198 Posts
One other member here or on the 'other' site had a bad weld near the back seat frame that caused a creaking noise. It was fixed by his service dept.
Old 07-23-2005, 02:05 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Alin10123
Hey guys,
On my TSX whenever i hit the gas really hard or brake really hard i hear this creaking noise near the rear panel where the speakers are. It's not really a rattle since i haven't heard it rattle. Not even when there's a bassy song playing on the radio. It's only when i hit the gas hard, brake hard, or when i run over something unevenly for example a bump that only hits one side of the car and not the other.

Is there a TSB out for this one? Or has anyone else had this? Would you guys consider this a rattle that isn't fully a rattle?
I would call this creaking. Please do a search on "creaking" and you find that there are a few posts along with mine about this. In short, after 8 days of repair at the dealer, the creaking is still there. I have had it since around 1400 miles or so. My car has around 2400 miles now. There is no TSB as far as I know.
Old 07-23-2005, 05:29 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by slo007
Do you have anything loose in your car? A pen could do it.

Might not even come from your door. Might be in the center arm rest right next to you.

I found that if the right seat belt buckle is lodged in between the passenger seat and the column, it will rattle.
Nope. Nothing loose. I keep my car free of clutter for the most part.
It's not coming from the door. The sound sounds like it's coming from the rear window near where the speakers are.