No CG for me anymore

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2003, 02:54 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No CG for me anymore

Well, the CG/ebony that I ordered from my dealer back in late July is arriving this week, but it wont be mine. My salesperson is telling me that the car is being sent to them strictly as a loaner and cannot be sold to anyone. Does this seem right? He said something about not having a VIN# on the vehicle so it cannot be sold. Does this make any sense or does it sound like they sold me car to someone else??

My options are as follows:
SSM/quartz
MSM/quartz
Blue/ebony

All are AT and no navi... they are all coming in this week.

If I want to wait for a CG/Ebony, they are having one built on August 22 so I wont get it until late September at the earliest (and I don't want to wait).... the salesperson mentioned he can call around to try to trade for one but he is not aware of any in the area that can be traded for...

What would you do if you were in my position??
Old 08-11-2003, 03:00 PM
BDI
Banned

I would have a fuckin' huge problem with that. A car with no Vin#?? I doubt that. They are totally screwin' you over.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:01 PM
Suzuka Master

Yeah, that's ridiculous. You might want to take your business elsewhere.
Old 08-11-2003, 03:08 PM
Intermediate

Yeah I called the guy and he isnt in until 6 today... so I am going to talk to him then... but it just seems really fishy to me...

Should I call him on it or just try to keep asking about it or what?? not sure how to approach him...
Old 08-11-2003, 03:23 PM
dez
I never post !!!

Balto - go with the MSM and be DONE with it !! I'm getting a TSX in a few months, and my FIRST choice was the MSM, but I drove the SSM, but I already have a SSM CL ... the BLUE is nice also, but I already have ebony interior and wanted a change.

Then, the dealer I know tells me he HATES the MSM so I started wavering again, but when I saw that side-by-side comparison that someone posted, I'm sold on the MSM again ...

If you have the chance to get it THIS week, GO FOR IT ! It's definitely a UNIQUE color !!!
Old 08-11-2003, 03:57 PM
Intermediate

hey dez--

i might just do that... I really did want the CG and if there is nothing i can do to get it, I probably will get the MSM... assuming they dont try to sell that one out from under me either... I currently have a silver accord so im looking for a little change in color (not dramatic)... the ebony interior is damn nice, but I prefer the MSM so quartz it is...

i'm wavering every time i think about it... if it was just as simple as getting that CG I would have no trouble....
Old 08-11-2003, 04:11 PM
Pro

Balto.... screw the dealer go to another one. I know it sucks to wait for the car, but if you really wanted that color, then don't pick any other alternative. THink about it, you're spending this much money and you're not even going to get the color you want?

Unless you're getting a deal where you can get no where else, find another dealer. How about this, ask him to prove there is no VIN number on that CG. He probably sold it to another person for more. It is not legal for a car to not have a VIN number, there's no way you would be able to register it. Even if it is a loaner car, they will one day sell it.

F*CK the dealer!!

walk out and give him a big
Old 08-12-2003, 12:58 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: No CG for me anymore

Originally posted by BaltoTSX
Well, the CG/ebony that I ordered from my dealer back in late July is arriving this week, but it wont be mine. My salesperson is telling me that the car is being sent to them strictly as a loaner and cannot be sold to anyone. Does this seem right? He said something about not having a VIN# on the vehicle so it cannot be sold. Does this make any sense or does it sound like they sold me car to someone else??

My options are as follows:
SSM/quartz
MSM/quartz
Blue/ebony

All are AT and no navi... they are all coming in this week.

If I want to wait for a CG/Ebony, they are having one built on August 22 so I wont get it until late September at the earliest (and I don't want to wait).... the salesperson mentioned he can call around to try to trade for one but he is not aware of any in the area that can be traded for...

What would you do if you were in my position??
If you are getting a deal, those are some nice cars to choose from. If you are not getting a deal, then shop around. Your dealer wants you to buy what he already has coming in, i.e., he's lazy. You can do better.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:09 AM
Pro

I think all vehicles are required to have VIN numbers; even if they're loaner vehicles. Does Acura come back and take these vehicles away? I think not.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:21 AM
Intermediate

I agree with everyone who has posted that the VIN # line was BS.... I really do not like the salesperson I am doing business with, but I am getting a very good deal that could not be matched by the other area dealers I went to... $1000 under MSRP as well as a trade-in that is $700 over bluebook (and $800 more than other dealers and Carmax were offering)... so I'm happy with the deal... I just feel like the guy should be straight with me about what happened to the CG... as DjElucid said, I'm sure he was able to move the CG for more money... definitely a BS move, but I have some alternatives that I do like...

I was so 50-50 on the color I wanted anyway that I'm really not all that pissed about it anymore. In addition to the MSM and SSM with quartz, and the blue with ebony, he said there is also a black with ebony... I'm going in as soon as they arrive and he said I can have my pic... MSM in the lead but until I see it in person, I just am not sure....
Old 08-12-2003, 08:34 AM
Suzuka Master

Well, good luck choosing. And if it still doesn't work out, just remember that there's 8 or 9 other Acura dealers just down the road in the Washington DC area.
Old 08-12-2003, 08:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
every car should have a VIN# decal/plate on the driver-side front dash...i would check if it is there when the CG comes in

also about it being a loaner car, that's BS...why would another dealer loan a CG TSX when demand is so high? they should be able to sell it right away
Old 08-12-2003, 09:14 AM
2004 TSX NAV 5AT MSM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I agree with the others. Take your business somewhere else.
Old 08-12-2003, 09:29 AM
Intermediate

Sounds like BS to me also. I would imagine the dealer is selling the car to someone who is willing to pay enough profit. A $1000 discount is generous. Although when I worked for Honda they did infact send a special demo Pilot, but it had a VIN#. And now that I work for Acura, we have not had a special demo TSX.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:30 AM
Cruisin'

Balto - if you're dead set on the CG, then, of course, you should wait. But it doesn't sound like you are, so I'd just pick between those three awesome colors. I've been in the situation a couple of times before where I "settled" for a second or third choice color due to various circumstances, and I've never regretted it. As long as it's been a color high on my list, I'm just happy to be in the car and soon forget about all the color choices.

I would first decide which interior you want. If you really want ebony, then get the blue - I love that color. If you want quartz, then you have a decision between the SSM and MSM. I just got my MSM on Saturday, and it was my first choice. To be quite honest, it is a little too baby blue in some lights, but I still love it. Overall, it's a real subtle color that's a bit different, while the SSM is a nice classic silver.

I think you'll be happy with whatever you get. I would have taken any of those three colors and never looked back.
Old 08-12-2003, 10:38 AM
OG

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
I think the guy mess up his quote and are now backtracking because they don't want to sell you the car at that price. All cars have vins on them, how do you think the factory keeps track of this cars. If its not for sale Acura will list on the sticker AHM instead of the MSRP....but it will still have a vin on it. Oh well good luck with you.
Old 08-12-2003, 07:33 PM
Racer

sounds like justin is right

go to the general manager and call him out on his bs
Old 08-13-2003, 10:53 AM
Intermediate

Thanks everybody for your thoughts...

I did talk to the salesperson about the supposed lack of VIN# etc, and he basically played dumb... so I asked to speak to the sales manager privately and I did.... told him I was extremely unhappy with how I was treated, etc. The sales manager admitted that the salesperson had no idea what he was talking about. That perhaps he was embarassed not to have known that a deposit had been on the car for a while before I showed interest, and that he was sorry it happened... whether true or not, I appreciated him at least clearing up that the loaner car/VIN # explanation was BS...

I then basically said, what is to keep me from going to a different dealer... this was the third Acura my family had purchased in the past 5 years and all were from this dealer. I already had $1000 off MSRP and a trade-in at way above blue book... so he said he could get me all-season mats and a free oil change (not a huge deal but something) and guarantee I would be in a car if I wanted the SSM by Monday... the car was coming in Saturday I was told....

So i decided to stay with the dealer that previously had treated me well and look past this one salesperson's deceptions....

I'm excited about the SSM and looking forward to posting here Monday night that the car is mine... thanks again for helping me figure out that I was basically getting the runaround...
Old 08-13-2003, 07:37 PM
Cruisin'

Balto-

Do not take no for an answer. At least not at this point. The VIN number thing is BS. I would go back and inform the dealership that you will be reporting them to Acura's corporate customer service area.

A dealership screwed me over one time by charging for a repair that was suppossed to be covered under a recall and they also charged me triple the standard towing charge since it was billed thru the dealership. A call to Acura Corp to ask about the towing led to the discovery that the dealership should not have charged me for anything. Acura must take extreme pride in customer service (at least Corporate) that I received a call from the service manager at the dealership within minutes after the call apologizing for the mistake and offering a prompt refund. Obviously, the Corp office gave them a call and reprimanded them for this blatant ripoff and had them give me a call.

I would threaten the dealership to see what they have to say and you just might get your CG anyway or at least get a huge deal on another one. Worst case scenario, go ahead and report it and enjoy the satisfaction that you were right and that a customer should not be treated like this. Be interested to hear how this ends up.
Old 08-13-2003, 09:24 PM
Racer

why would they make a CG TSX a loaner? They are the hottest car and hardest to find. Why not make one of the CL's that aren't selling as a loaner??