Newbie Here! Pics of Old Car!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2005, 09:58 PM
Pimpin Ain't Easy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Newbie Here! Pics of Old Car!

Hey guys Im new to your site. I have been a member of vwvortex for around 4 years though. Unfortunately, after receiving my degree I needed a car that is in that entry level luxury departmtent. I think the TSX will be a great choice. However, after having a heavily modified 01 Jetta 1.8t I really am worried I am going to have a hard time with the limited power of the TSX. My Jetta dynoed at 198hp and 246ft/lbs, so it was pretty fast. I want to hold out and get a TL, but the price is just a little much for me right now.

Thoughts and comments??

Sorry for the small images.

And a pic of my friends Jetta
Old 06-05-2005, 10:01 PM
Instructor

Those are some hot jettas nice and clean
Old 06-05-2005, 10:02 PM
Drifting

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
when/if you decide to get the tsx, you shouldn't have a problem with power, theres comptech s/c and i'm sure a turbo kit will be released sometime in the next year or two....the K24 motor has a lot of potential i think

def get a 6-spd
Old 06-05-2005, 10:05 PM
Pimpin Ain't Easy

when/if you decide to get the tsx, you shouldn't have a problem with power, theres comptech s/c and i'm sure a turbo kit will be released sometime in the next year or two....the K24 motor has a lot of potential i think
Well, in all honesty, I really dont want to mod much any more. I mean I had about $5000 in the Jetta that I have been in the process of parting out. The only things that I would do to the TSX would be Intake, A-Spec supension, and new rims. Maybe the Hondata ecu upgrade, but thats it.
Also, I have to get an Auto. I want a stick, but Im on my phone all day in my car.
Old 06-05-2005, 10:08 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Ontilt
Well, in all honesty, I really dont want to mod much any more. I mean I had about $5000 in the Jetta that I have been in the process of parting out. The only things that I would do to the TSX would be Intake, A-Spec supension, and new rims. Maybe the Hondata ecu upgrade, but thats it.
Also, I have to get an Auto. I want a stick, but Im on my phone all day in my car.
I'm sure you know this, but you can get hands free kits now
Old 06-05-2005, 10:10 PM
Pimpin Ain't Easy

Talking

Originally Posted by GIBSON6594
I'm sure you know this, but you can get hands free kits now
HaHa Thanks!!!
I work for a mortgage lender and I have to give price quotes over the phone and shifting and trying to do that at the same time tends to be a pain in my ass!
Old 06-05-2005, 10:16 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

nice intercooler yo.
Old 06-05-2005, 11:50 PM
She said: it's GINORMOUS!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my advice, save up for the TL
Old 06-06-2005, 12:08 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by mg7726
my advice, save up for the TL
Old 06-06-2005, 12:43 AM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Sweet ride you got there.
You could always just go test drive a TSX and that'll let you know whether or not it has sufficient power for your needs.
As for getting an auto when you want a manual, getting a handsfree headset should do the trick because dont you know you shouldn't be quoting rates over the phone?
You haven't pulled the credit, you dont know what doc type they have to go, you dont know the situation. What if you quote a rate and then you can't honor it? Then you're screwed!

I'm a loan officer myself. I will never actually quote a rate until a credit has been pulled and iv'e taken a full application. It's just not worth the risk. You'll have a lot of PO'ed clients that later on find out they dont actually qualify for the rate you quoted them. Just a credit score isn't enough to justify qualifying at a certain rate. There's a lot more to it, there's LTV, DTI, job stability, amount of reserves in the bank... etc... lots of variables.

Sorry for the thread hijack...
nice ride though.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:49 AM
Pimpin Ain't Easy

Originally Posted by Alin10123
Sweet ride you got there.
You could always just go test drive a TSX and that'll let you know whether or not it has sufficient power for your needs.
As for getting an auto when you want a manual, getting a handsfree headset should do the trick because dont you know you shouldn't be quoting rates over the phone?
You haven't pulled the credit, you dont know what doc type they have to go, you dont know the situation. What if you quote a rate and then you can't honor it? Then you're screwed!

I'm a loan officer myself. I will never actually quote a rate until a credit has been pulled and iv'e taken a full application. It's just not worth the risk. You'll have a lot of PO'ed clients that later on find out they dont actually qualify for the rate you quoted them. Just a credit score isn't enough to justify qualifying at a certain rate. There's a lot more to it, there's LTV, DTI, job stability, amount of reserves in the bank... etc... lots of variables.

Sorry for the thread hijack...
nice ride though.
Well, you must realize that first I have test driven the TSX. I really did like the ride and whatnot, but Im not sure if the power is going to be enough for me down the road. I mean its hard to really push the limits of a car when there is a salesman with you.

Second, I quote rates over the phone because I work on the wholesale side. I am an AE with Saxon Mortgage. We are a subprime lender. As an L.O. depending on if you work with for a bank or not, you will already have that info ready for a wholesale A.E. Thus, I am able to quote rates over the phone.

Trust me when I say I quote exact rates based on what the loan officer has told me about his/her clients.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:55 AM
send me a link to JDM??

...My Jetta dynoed at 198hp and 246ft/lbs, so it was pretty fast...
hey man nice car. Just a side note, you could prolly get this out of a TSX without too much trouble. Read the other threads about what some have gotten but I don't think it would be too hard for you to get about the same at least.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:57 AM
send me a link to JDM??

to add an example reference thread... https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=23078
Old 06-06-2005, 02:13 AM
Pimpin Ain't Easy

Originally Posted by TSX.Fury
hey man nice car. Just a side note, you could prolly get this out of a TSX without too much trouble. Read the other threads about what some have gotten but I don't think it would be too hard for you to get about the same at least.
Well, that dyno was with a dirrrrrty ass air filter, so I should have been around 205-210hp and 255-260ft/lbs.
Your right though, Hondas/Acuras just feel slower because of the lack of torque, even though they may be fast.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:04 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Get the MT, get off the phone, use handsfree if you must be on the phone.

And the Hondata reflash is a must have.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:47 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004

By all means! Driving and being on the phone is much less than a good idea. It's a no-brainer.

Please get the 6MT and get off the phone before you kill someone.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:54 AM
Pimpin Ain't Easy

Originally Posted by sauceman
By all means! Driving and being on the phone is much less than a good idea. It's a no-brainer.

Please get the 6MT and get off the phone before you kill someone.
Hey guys I already have a hands free setup. I would just prefer to have auto now. I'll be sure to get off the phone just for you!
Old 06-07-2005, 08:26 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CGTSX2004

Speaking of which, do we know if there is a reflash for 2005 yet?
Old 06-07-2005, 08:36 AM
My Garage

Originally Posted by Roogs
Speaking of which, do we know if there is a reflash for 2005 yet?
Not yet, when it does come out...you'll know. Just stick around here.

You can also check Hondata's website...www.hondata.com
Old 06-07-2005, 08:44 AM
I'm the Firestarter

Received 694 Likes on 417 Posts
Hey guys I already have a hands free setup. I would just prefer to have auto now. I'll be sure to get off the phone just for you!
You really should, it's dangerous.

The other day I nearly got killed on my way to work by a woman driver yapping on her cell phone. She cut me off and made me spill the hot coffee I had between my thighs, and I had to drop my shaver to grab the wheel since I just happened to be adjusting the stereo with my other hand. On top of that I nearly choked on the sandwich I had in my mouth.

Damn cell phone drivers.
Old 06-07-2005, 08:45 AM
My Garage

Originally Posted by Belzebutt
You really should, it's dangerous.

The other day I nearly got killed on my way to work by a woman driver yapping on her cell phone. She cut me off and made me spill the hot coffee I had between my thighs, and I had to drop my shaver to grab the wheel since I just happened to be adjusting the stereo with my other hand. On top of that I nearly choked on the sandwich I had in my mouth.

Damn cell phone drivers.
At least you didn't rip the newspaper you were reading