New TSX06 Owner with some questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2007, 03:51 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New TSX06 Owner with some questions

Hey guys

i'm new to this forum, as i've purchased a new tsx 06 AT and will be picking up this saturday. I think i got a good deal on it, $4250 off so the base is 32,950 CDN, it has 20 km (about 14 mi) and was a floor model only. I hope that this is a good deal, but i guess it's too late otherwise.

Either way, i've looked through the faqs and stuff but still had some questions.

1. Any suggestions on the break in off the lot and on the drive home (about 10km first then 30km afterwards - i got two stops to make). I've read clutches thread about break-in, but i was wondering what the owners manual suggests.

2. I was thinking about switching out the audio source unit to an aftermarket one. When i looked at the centre console/dash, i didn't see a seam between the vents above and the radio unit below, so is there a way to remove the radio unit only without having to cut the plastic or anything drastic like that? Also, would a double-DIN unit fit into that slot?

Thanks!
Tom
Old 03-06-2007, 09:59 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by torontotom
Hey guys

i'm new to this forum, as i've purchased a new tsx 06 AT and will be picking up this saturday. I think i got a good deal on it, $4250 off so the base is 32,950 CDN, it has 20 km (about 14 mi) and was a floor model only. I hope that this is a good deal, but i guess it's too late otherwise.

Either way, i've looked through the faqs and stuff but still had some questions.

1. Any suggestions on the break in off the lot and on the drive home (about 10km first then 30km afterwards - i got two stops to make). I've read clutches thread about break-in, but i was wondering what the owners manual suggests.
There's a thread about break-in in the FAQ on this forum.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1443

Generally, I'd say with an AT that break-in is a little different than with an MT because you generally have less control over what it does. I'd suggest just driving moderately (especially until engine warms up) with light throttle, and vary your speed if you are driving on an interstate or highway to avoid running the engine at the same RPM over a long period of time.

Brief bursts of heavier throttle at lower RPM (say in 5th gear or so) are good in an MT for seating the rings, but I don't know how you would keep an AT from downshifting.
Old 03-06-2007, 10:13 PM
talk about mudflaps....

Just under $33K cdn looks like a very good price. What Acura dealer did you get it from?
Old 03-06-2007, 10:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unfortunatly you cannot change out the HU with an aftermarket 2-DIN without extensive custom dash work. 2 or 3 people total on the forum have done so, and it is a very expensive proposition.

You can add a single din unit into a storage pocket easily, and use it as your primary HU if you want, but you still have to leave the main HU intact, and on aux input all the time.

For more information on audio topics, please check out the A/V forum: https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/
Old 03-07-2007, 06:53 PM
3rd Gear

thanx for the replies guys. I got the car at Acura of North Toronto in Thornhill.

Reach: Yeah, sorry the repeat question, but i had already checked the faqs and the one link for the tsx that outlined the radio/navi removal didn't actually link to anything. But damn, that sad to hear that it can't be replaced, but oh well, i guess i'll figure it out after i get the car.

rb1: do you know if they recommend not using the shiftronic during the break in period?
Old 03-07-2007, 09:14 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by torontotom
rb1: do you know if they recommend not using the shiftronic during the break in period?
I don't see anything about it in the manual (same for MT and AT).

Seriously, though, don't really sweat the break-in thingy. Moderation is the key. Load the engine some for a short period under low RPM in a higher gear after it's warmed up (say once or twice each time you drive it during the first 600 miles), and avoid the jack rabbit starts.

I only have 400 miles on mine, so I'm in the middle of this, too.