New Kidd in town

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2003, 11:49 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Kidd in town

Hi guys, I'm Peter, I been following the forums for a while and today since I ordered my TSX, I finally Decided to join the forums to feed my hunger for the TSX while waiting for it.

I bought the car from Acura Of Concord, I dealt with the car salesman and he was a good sales, My father and I ended up walking out of the car dealer with the price of 26,200+fees. Not too much of a price drop from the other people at the forums that I've heard, but opening price was 26.990, and then he wanted to add some protection package, but I told the guy all that crap,(mudgards, door protectors, mats...etc) are bullshit to me, I only want the wheel locks and the trunk mat, so we added thoses as options by itself. We talked for an hour, 26,490 at first was their final offer... then my dad finally opened his mouth and asked the sales, "Don't walk back and fourth anymore, Tell the manager that if he is not sincere about this deal then we are out the door, I want it for 26 flat." So they guy walked back one last time, came out and said "sir we..." then I said to him, "well look, meet me half way ok?" So he finally came out with a paper saying "You win ok?" 26,200 for a Carbon Gray 5 speed Auto w/ Navigation. I nodded to my dad and my dad was... ok lets do it. The sales even threw in free car mats haha and they wanted me to pay for them in the Acura Protection Package? Well so now I paid the 500 deposit, and the car is inbound for the next two weeks.... I can't wait.

This is a great forum, I hope to enjoy my stay and meet some of you guys.

My questions to you guys is...

Do you think i paid a fair amount for the car? I Heard people got more than 1000 off msrp for their TSX?

I just want to rebadge my car to honda, and back to the original Honda Euro R badge... so I guess you guys will ask my to goto boomplustoys.net right?

Does this car meet your expectations? Because I for one fell in love with it when I first test drove it.

I was gonna go for the Artic Blue/ But the Carbon Gray would fit more occasions. Tell me I am not gonna regret it please

Carbon Gray
Quartz Interior
5 Speed SS
No Navi
Old 07-13-2003, 11:56 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome to the site Kidd. Nice choice of colors BTW. I'd say your price was decent, nothing amazing but not terrible. Enjoy the ride.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:12 AM
More On

Title fooled me. Thought it was about an NBA trade.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:18 AM
More On

On second thought, you must've already gotten more than your share of NBA jokes in your lifetime. And I bet the only reason Jason didn't pull one is that his first name is Jason -- which maybe you thought was a joke right there!

So, I guess I should do a more serious reply. As you can see, you've got plenty of Carbon Gray company on here, and I think it's safe to say that we're unanimously thrilled. CG is definitely one of the two most popular colors (seems to be basically tied with Satin Silver). Also nobody has regretted getting the car.

But you probably know a lot of that, since you've been following us. I did too for a while before I finally joined.

Welcome.
Old 07-14-2003, 12:42 AM
Burning Brakes

Re: New Kidd in town

Originally posted by Kidd
I bought the car from Acura Of Concord, I dealt with the car salesman and he was a good sales, My father and I ended up walking out of the car dealer with the price of 26,200+fees. <snip> 26,200 for a Carbon Gray 5 speed Auto w/ Navigation. I nodded to my dad and my dad was... ok lets do it. The sales even threw in free car mats haha and they wanted me to pay for them in the Acura Protection Package? Well so now I paid the 500 deposit, and the car is inbound for the next two weeks.... I can't wait.

Do you think i paid a fair amount for the car? I Heard people got more than 1000 off msrp for their TSX?

I just want to rebadge my car to honda, and back to the original Honda Euro R badge... so I guess you guys will ask my to goto boomplustoys.net right?

Does this car meet your expectations? Because I for one fell in love with it when I first test drove it.

I was gonna go for the Artic Blue/ But the Carbon Gray would fit more occasions. Tell me I am not gonna regret it please

Are we long-lost twins, or something? Some of your sentences or opinions could mirror mine! I didn't order my TSX from the Concord dealer, but I did order it from another one in the area. I put a $500 deposit down on a CG No Navi but with 6 sp manual tranny. Your price is nearly as fair as mine. I'm still undecided on accessories. I would be just as happy if the car had Honda Accord-whatever labels on it since that's what the TSX essentially is.

The test drive was superb, but I fell in love with the car sight unseen when I read the Euro Accord's specs in a New Zealand paper (I'm in California). At the time, I was totally unaware of the Acura TSX and wished that the Euro Accord L was available here, and voila, I soon found out it was available under the guise of the Acura TSX. Gosh, I think that was less than a month ago! Mine's not due till mid August, I hope. I think 6 sp manual trannies are a bit less available than auto trannies.
Old 07-14-2003, 08:23 AM
Suzuka Master

Re: New Kidd in town

Originally posted by Kidd
.....My questions to you guys is...

You definitely got a good deal. The car exceeds my expectations in almost every way. And you WILL NOT regret the Carbon Grey! Nice choice on the interior, too
Old 07-14-2003, 09:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Welcome to the family Kidd. I guess the price you paid is fair, lots of us paid MSRP for it, but that's months ago. :P
Old 07-14-2003, 09:36 AM
Racer

so did you get navi or not? you said in your post that you got "automatic w/ navi," but in your spec, it says you didn't get navi. i think you got a really good price on the car for a non-navi vehicle. but if you got the price for the navi vehicle... wow, give you my props!!
Old 07-14-2003, 04:11 PM
Advanced

sorry, I was about to say NO NAVI =D.

BTW, my sales is EMIL SANTOS, Acura Dealer in Concord, so use his name and his price and presure the sales, and say I heard you sold a TSX at 26,200 so you going to match the price? =D haha don't use my name tho hahahahahha, juss say you heard from someone =D

Thanks for the warm welcome, I like it here, good people, car talk, nothing else better than that.

Cheers,
Peter