New CT AZ-Rider

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006, 11:23 AM
F.I.L.A.

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New CT AZ-Rider

Out with the old :

In with the New (at least to me...) :

That's a dealer pic...I had to drive from the dealer in Boston back to Hartford in that crappy weather New England had yesterday, so the car wasn't clean enough for pictures...

Had to say goodbye to the 2004 Mazda 6 due to crappy customer service. About 2 months ago, the Mazda started hesitating and stalling on me. Took it to the dealer and they performed a recall on the throttle body. Told me that should take care of the problem. CEL pops on that afternoon. I take it back to the dealer and they replace an ignition coil and perform a fan controle module recall. Say I'm good and send me on my way. Original problem resurfaces about a week later. Hesitating and Stalling. Take it back to the dealer and they take a ride in the car with me. However, because this was an intermittent problem, of course I wasn't able to replicate the problem - so guess what - they say they can't do anything else for me. Bastards. Yada yada yada...I send e-mails to Mazda Corporate and to the dealership, and also make phone calls to Mazda Corporate. Mazda Corporate actually backed up the dealer and said there was really nothing that could be done until I could replicate the problem (which mind you normally happened during hard acceleration getting on to the expressway - not a good time for your car to stall...). By this point I've figured I need to get rid of the car while I can still get decent value for it. Mazda eventually replaced the fuel pump for me, though they could never really tell me what they thought the problem was...great job handling that situation Mazda! Now you've lost a buyer for life!

So, I picked up a 6spd TSX yesterday and I'm itching to start modding...after all, I lost a little bit of power going from the mazda to the TSX, although I gained a manual and ditched the automatic!

I took a nice detour and drove through Putnam, CT yesterday on the way home...there's some great back roads out there. Three cheers for Navi! Anybody have any recommended Sunday drives for CT/MA/RI area?
Old 04-06-2006, 11:35 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Awesome avatar! Welcome...
Old 04-06-2006, 11:39 AM
TSXmeister

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats on the ride and welcome to the fold!!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Pro

Try Old Farms Road in Avon, practically right in your back yard.
Great drive, although not that long, maybe just 2 miles before you have to turn around and do it again.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:42 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Congrats and welcome.

You'll actually find that while the TSX doesn't feel as quick, it actually is just as quick as the Mazda in just about every way.
Old 04-06-2006, 11:51 AM
F.I.L.A.

Originally Posted by DLTSX6MT
Try Old Farms Road in Avon, practically right in your back yard.
Great drive, although not that long, maybe just 2 miles before you have to turn around and do it again.
Yes, yes.

I've actually done that drive with the Mazda and it is a good one. It comes out of nowhere with all those curves. But alas...it's' so short...

My pics showing up for u all? I'm seeing X's...
Old 04-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey welcome to the site. Definitely mod that thing!

I think it's a good idea to do the Hondata first as you've planned. Also look into an intake and Header after that. Enjoy the new ride man!
Old 04-06-2006, 11:57 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by mr.actionjackson
My pics showing up for u all? I'm seeing X's...
Me too
Old 04-06-2006, 12:38 PM
F.I.L.A.

The cars...

Hopefully no X's this time...

The TSX:

The Bum:

Old 04-06-2006, 01:00 PM
Burning Brakes

that worked....nice pics! GREAT CAR!
Old 04-06-2006, 02:22 PM
5o9
'05 TSX 6MT

Welcome, can't wait to see the pics. Hope they prepped yours decent. Check the oil, air in all four tires, should be 32 front 30 back. Look for your mud flaps and wheel locks, etc.

I regret not having navi just about every day, you will love it.
Old 04-06-2006, 02:33 PM
ABP TSX

Old 04-06-2006, 03:26 PM
F.I.L.A.

Not sure what's going on with yahoo photos, but for whatever reason, sometimes the pics show and sometimes they don't...
Old 04-06-2006, 03:35 PM
F.I.L.A.

Coincidence?

Ah yesh, I should mention that when I was getting my TSX checked at an Acura dealer (I got it from a non-Acura dealer) yesterday, out of the probably 15 cars they had in their service area, about 10-12 were MDX's. I know I've been hearing that the MDX has problems, but geez! Hopefully, it was just a coincidence that there were so many MDX's there at once and not the norm! Sad thing was there was a lady who was picking up her MDX with ~3k miles on it (I guess for an oil change...) and she was beaming about how it was her first Acura, but that her husband had a TL 3.2...of course the service people are telling her how wonderful the car is and how she'll love it...all while there's a fleet of MDX's hoisted up right behind her...