Never go to Erin Mills Acura! CANNOT TRUST THEIR SERVICE

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 04:11 PM
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Never go to Erin Mills Acura! CANNOT TRUST THEIR SERVICE

Hi Everyone,

Acura claims to be best in customer service! Yes it is true... Except for ERIN MILLS ACURA in Mississauga Ontario.
From service staff, to service manager (Michelle Pike) to general manager(Peter Bone) the whole team is not worthy of Acura acclaimed customer service.

Though the sales staff are great until you buy the car. And from there after never trust Erin Mills Acura service staff. They claim to do certified service but they are not even close.....
Eg. here are some instances from my personal experience with my new TSX:

1. Took car in for Oil Change... they over-filled the oil and lucky me I had a habbit of checking oil level every few days, I noticed it the very next day. THIS CAN BE DANGEROUS FOR YOUR ENGINE IF ENGINE OIL IS OVER FILLED.

2. Not only this, almost each time the I could see oil spillage along the side of engine by the engine oil cap. Com'on they can't even pay attention what kind of people they hire at Erin Mills Acura for changing engine oils.

3. Oh talk about Warranty... I had some genuine problems (which were acutally identified by another Acura Dealership and fixed) ... Erin Mills acura service simply denied anything could be wrong with the car.... And can you believe it that they made these statements without even looking at my car... And later when I reported their ignorance to management... They LIED to managment.... i.e service staff.... TRUST ME & STAY AWAY FROM Erin Mills Acura...

4 ... I can keep going but I think I have made my point... I don't want anyone else to run into diputes and problems I had to face by taking my car to Erin Mills Acura..... If you live in mississauga... try Sherway Acura instead of go to Oakville..... Since I worked in hamilton, I went to Acura of Hamilton and yes that is the dealership where you can appreciate Acura's Cutomer Service.

Sincerely
Old 01-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by honest

1. Took car in for Oil Change... they over-filled the oil and lucky me I had a habbit of checking oil level every few days, I noticed it the very next day. THIS CAN BE DANGEROUS FOR YOUR ENGINE IF ENGINE OIL IS OVER FILLED.

What happens if you overfill the engine oil?
What's the probable scenerio?
and
What's the worst case scenerio?
Old 01-04-2007, 09:21 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by studville
What happens if you overfill the engine oil?
What's the probable scenerio?
and
What's the worst case scenerio?
It can cause oil aeration and loss of oil pressure. It can foul your O2 sensors and ruin the Cat. It's not what I would call dangerous, I think the correct term would be damaging.

Sorry to hear about your experience.
I havent been overwhelmed by any Acura service thus far, but then again, I also dont enjoy going to dealerships for anything, so go figure.
Old 01-04-2007, 09:52 PM
Intermediate

Hendrick's Acura of Pleasanton service dept SUCKS also. the sales team was nice, but the serivce dept was very very poor!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been to Erin Mills Acura many times to test Acuras and the sales people are amazingly nice and caring. I loved every test drive. Never bought anything from them tho. But thanks for the heads up I will stay clear.

As things look now I wasent going to buy from them anyways. I finally found a car for me...my 2001 Accord Coupe EX V6 will be getting a baby sister in 10 months.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:58 PM
East Coast Crew

I think engine oil also eats away components?
Old 01-05-2007, 06:49 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
For what it's worth, Street Spirit and I have had great service for the last 4 years at Erin Mills Acura.

They recently had one new guy start on the service desk that's a little clueless, but every time I've talked to one of the mechanics they've been on the ball. They'll even offer to fix things rather than just swap parts like most dealers.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:20 AM
7th Gear

You must have been lucky or you probably did not get anything fixed/replaced under warranty. That's where it gets worse.
Can you believe that I have been noticing noise from my front wheels. I had not clue what it was and I had thier (Erin Mills Acura) mechinics look into.... When the mechanic went for a road test with me to hear noise he acknowedged that either brakes calipers or tires are noisy.... BUT later when he discussed with the service manager that they probably need to replace tires which have been causing noise issue since beginning... the service manager replied to me that we found NO NOISE from the vehicle at all.... While the very next another Acura dealership identified and fixed the noise problem under warranty. It was brake calipers which were noisy on turns becasue Erin Mills did not do good job last time on brake service (which was done only 15 days ago).
Old 01-05-2007, 09:46 AM
Instructor

think engine oil also eats away components?
Yup, like cylinder walls and rod bolts!

Just kidding, I couldn't resists!
Old 01-05-2007, 11:47 AM
Intermediate

I think all dealerships are trying to avoid any warranty works. Acura in Markham is also suck, epecially the service manager (Chinese guy).
Old 01-05-2007, 12:30 PM
Instructor

Interesting. I actually bought my TSX at Erin Mills but never took my car back there for service because they don't open late on weekdays. I take my car to Acura 2000 in Brampton for service and they are pretty good so far.
Old 01-05-2007, 03:55 PM
Photography Nerd

Originally Posted by honest
You must have been lucky or you probably did not get anything fixed/replaced under warranty. That's where it gets worse.
Can you believe that I have been noticing noise from my front wheels. I had not clue what it was and I had thier (Erin Mills Acura) mechinics look into.... When the mechanic went for a road test with me to hear noise he acknowedged that either brakes calipers or tires are noisy.... BUT later when he discussed with the service manager that they probably need to replace tires which have been causing noise issue since beginning... the service manager replied to me that we found NO NOISE from the vehicle at all.... While the very next another Acura dealership identified and fixed the noise problem under warranty. It was brake calipers which were noisy on turns becasue Erin Mills did not do good job last time on brake service (which was done only 15 days ago).

Well, it's nice we have so much choice in the city for dealerships. There are 4 within a 20 minute drive of my house, but I keep going back to Erin Mills.

Every time I have had one of our cars in the shop, they've fixed the problem with no issues. It was fixed on time, at the price quoted, and they always had a loaner car ready for me. Street Spirit took her TL in to have some work done a few months ago and ended up with a newbie service rep who was a pain to deal with, but he was let go 2 weeks after she spoke with Michelle (the service manager). I guess a couple people complained about him and he just didn't fit in.

Other than that one instance, we've been treated very well with any warranty or out-of-warranty work we've had done there. They even repaired my dad's TL after my mom drove it under an SUV doing $17,000 in damage. After they were done with it, it drove and looked better than new. Their autobody shop manager is a master at what he does.

If they didn't treat you well, then it's entirely your choice to go to another dealer. I won't try to convince you that you should go back to Erin Mills, but I just wanted to point out that they have been very good for us.
Old 01-05-2007, 05:32 PM
3rd Gear

Since i'm buying a tsx this spring and live in the GTA, thanks for the heads up
Old 01-05-2007, 05:48 PM
Photography Nerd

Ironically enough, my console lights just went out for the second time on my way home tonight. Of course I'm out of warranty now, so I'll let you know how Erin Mills handles the situation.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by duke11
Since i'm buying a tsx this spring and live in the GTA, thanks for the heads up
Just to confirm Erin Mills Acura stinks, Last March I was ready to go and get my 06 TSX. I went into Erin Mills Acura and was ready to drop some cash and get the ball rolling on my new car. It took one of the lazy ass salesmen more then 20 minutes to come and say hello. Finally one of them did walk over and talked to me. I told the goof "I have $5000 in my pock and I that I was ready to buy a car" (He started to salivate) and then I told him that the 20 minutes that I had to wait cost him and the dealership a sale. I walked out and drove another 10 minutes and bought my car that day from Acura Sherway. I have since had three oil changes with no issues and everyone is great they even gave me an Acura mug the first time I went in for service.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:10 PM
4th Gear

I purchased my '06 TSX at Acura Woodbine and their service has been excellent each time I go back. They seem to take pride in going that extra step to make you feel your money is appreciated. They also give you the first three services free when you purchase.

I can't say the same for Centre Honda (when I had my Civic). They made you feel like you were knocking on their door at midnight, the way they treated people there.
Roadsport Honda on the other hand, is awesome for service.
Old 01-07-2007, 11:27 PM
WDP Is Faster

Originally Posted by Mr2KiEu
Hendrick's Acura of Pleasanton service dept SUCKS also. the sales team was nice, but the serivce dept was very very poor!

My car was serviced at Pleasanton and I guess one of the workers drove it to the car wash and bumped into something and created a huge bubble in t he front bumper. He brought it back, denied everything...and the inspection lady who inspected my car in the very beginning told them that she didn't see that at all when she was doing the routine check. Luckily for them, the bubble somehow deflated and the bumper looked normal again..
Old 01-08-2007, 12:51 AM
Instructor

Acura On Brant in Burlington has been good so far. I haven't had to do major stuff there, but the approach of the service department has been satisfactory.

Just remember: You MUST NOT expect anything but pure dishonesty from people who make money off cars. That includes, salesmen, service managers, mechanics, detailers, body-shops, part retailers, insurance companies, the police, and parking security.

Each one of them and every one of them is most likely there to screw you. That's how they make money(legally or illegally).

The corporate world encourages this, so the average consumer(me and you) are eventually the suckers, but oh well. As long as the wheels of economy are rolling, who cares about the consumer?
Old 01-09-2007, 12:38 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Martin
For what it's worth, Street Spirit and I have had great service for the last 4 years at Erin Mills Acura.

They recently had one new guy start on the service desk that's a little clueless, rude, disrespectful, lacked social skills, was unprofessional, unknowledgeable, ignorant, AND ugly, but every time I've talked to one of the mechanics they've been on the ball. They'll even offer to fix things rather than just swap parts like most dealers.
Fixed and

I don't think I've ever called the Manager re: a Service Rep like that. I would never deal with that guy again in any capacity.

Originally Posted by Dan Martin
<snip> Street Spirit took her TL in to have some work done a few months ago and ended up with a newbie service rep who was a pain to deal with, but he was let go 2 weeks after she spoke with Michelle (the service manager). I guess a couple people complained about him and he just didn't fit in.
He was let go??!?!?!?!!

/RANT.

Old 01-09-2007, 12:40 AM

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts
Originally Posted by Mack
I purchased my '06 TSX at Acura Woodbine and their service has been excellent each time I go back.
The only reason I'd still consider Erin Mills Acura (see above) is because the Head Tech from Woodbine now works there (and knows me from there), as does the Parts Manager (from Woodbine, now at Erin Mills). Good guys.
Old 01-09-2007, 12:41 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
^^ that you added "ugly"
Old 01-09-2007, 09:53 AM
Jeff-hoes

Ive had good experiences with acura sherway
Old 01-09-2007, 11:49 AM
Instructor

What are your collective thoughts on going to a HONDA dealership for service on your TSX? There is one 5 mins away from me which is very convienant as opposed to the closest ACURA dealership and I'm thinking it would be ok for non warranty/basic service.
Old 01-10-2007, 09:31 AM
Photography Nerd

So I had my console light issue fixed at Erin Mills today and had a very good experience. My story is here: https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...8&postcount=84
Old 01-10-2007, 12:17 PM
Advanced

In you are in Maryland , avoid FRANKEL , Cockysville, MD
Old 01-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by synthetic
Acura On Brant in Burlington has been good so far. I haven't had to do major stuff there, but the approach of the service department has been satisfactory.

Just remember: You MUST NOT expect anything but pure dishonesty from people who make money off cars. That includes, salesmen, service managers, mechanics, detailers, body-shops, part retailers, insurance companies, the police, and parking security.

Each one of them and every one of them is most likely there to screw you. That's how they make money(legally or illegally).

The corporate world encourages this, so the average consumer(me and you) are eventually the suckers, but oh well. As long as the wheels of economy are rolling, who cares about the consumer?
I haven't had to service my car yet, but I go back almost every Saturday for my free car wash (have to take care of my baby!) at Acura On Brant and I've been very happy with them thus far.

I WOULD NOT recommend Acura of Hamilton. Only once have I taken my mother's car there to be serviced ('05 EL). The CD player was not working, and the car was still on lease and under warranty. I can honestly say that I have never been treated so disrespectfully. The service people there talked down to me so horribly and tried to tell me that I broke the CD player by putting my burned CDs in the system and that Acura wouldn't pay for the repair (when in fact, it clearly states in the Acura EL manual that it does accept burned discs). I'm almost positive the reason I was treated so bad was because of my age (19 at the time), but regardless, that is horrible customer service.

We contacted the manager and ended up getting the CD player repaired by Acura.

In the end, their loss: I went out to Acura On Brant a couple months later and bought my '06 TSX there, where (as i said before) I have no complaints! Oh, and as you can see, I tell everybody I know that is looking at Acuras NOT to go to Acura Of Hamilton.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:08 PM
Instructor

I had some interesting experience with Acura on Brant. I called them one day and told them that I am interested in a TSX. They happened to have exactly the same car I was after (PWP with AUTO) as their service loaner. They let me take it home for the night. It was a good 70km drive one way. Being a loaner, the car inside was kind of dirty but I fell in love with it anyway. Also, I noticed that people were staring at me on the road and my neighboours were all admiring it.

Then, I went back to try to strike a deal with them. They used that blackberry instant car auctioning electronic gadget to appraise my 99 Passat and offered next to nothing for it. Feeling insulted, I walked out the door. I did my homework on the value of my trade-in and I knew how much it was worth. Also, thanks to this website, I found out how much I should be paying for my new car. I presented all my evidents but the evidents didn't help.

Then I went to Erin Mills a week later. I got what I wanted and then some.
Old 03-18-2007, 08:13 PM
Intermediate

Any tips on Acura dealerships in Northern VA?
Old 03-29-2007, 10:42 PM
10th Gear

Pleasanton Acura SUCKS!

One more horror story of Acura of Pleasanton's service department can be found here. Absolute A-holes.

CLICK HERE
Old 03-31-2007, 09:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TSXuck
I think all dealerships are trying to avoid any warranty works. Acura in Markham is also suck, epecially the service manager (Chinese guy).

If you are going to Acura in Markham, talk to the service advisor named Mario, he is a honest guy.... at least when the light house of my TSX has condensation, he requests a warranty claim right the way without a 2nd thought. I don't trust other ppl... as you said the chinese guy who is the service manager is a jurk.... he denied any claims that you made on your TSX... don't ever talk to those freaking chinese advisor!! When I talk to them on the phone about the condensation in the light house occured after I took my TSX to the car wash, he freaking BS me like the car wash is a pressurized envirnment, there is pressure seal inside the wash..... brah brah brah... which is full of shit and pretty much like thinking I am an idiot, and just for the sake of getting ripped of me from the phone.

For those who are chinese... no offense and I am a chiness as well!
Old 03-31-2007, 09:53 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by afax226
Interesting. I actually bought my TSX at Erin Mills but never took my car back there for service because they don't open late on weekdays. I take my car to Acura 2000 in Brampton for service and they are pretty good so far.

All depends.... For those who had read my tread before... I was claiming there is some noise from the tranny..... I took it basically to everywhere, including Acura in MArkham, North Tor Acura, and also Acura 2K, where I bought but at the end of the day, I am not getting nowhere about my complaint on the noise... but for sure Acura 2K's service is acceptable... so do Acura in Markham.... and I was told by my friend who works in one of the Honda's dealership that North Tor Acura's machanic are horrible... they did screwed up someone's car while servicing the vehicle.
Old 03-31-2007, 12:40 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by acutsx
In you are in Maryland , avoid FRANKEL , Cockysville, MD

Name of your town already explains it.