Never breaking for animals again.....

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 04:27 PM
LOUD NOISES!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Never breaking for animals again.....

Well its just another event in my life that shows me how bad my luck is.
The other night i was coming home from work, it was late, i was tired and just wanted to get into bed before i went to Dover this weekend for the NASCAR race. Well anyway i am coming towards my neighborhood probably driving a little faster than i should have been, but it doesn't really matter now. As i am making the left into my neighborhood, there are two huge ass racoons in the street. So being the genius that i am i swerved to avoid them because i figured that hitting the fucking racoons would damage my car.

Now comes the fun part. About 3 weeks ago the DPW decided that they needed to put a new curb at the entrance to my neighborhood. Yep, you guess it. As i swerved right to avoid the fucking animals, i popped my car up and over the curb onto a lawn.... In doing so i managed to dent 2 of my rims, rip the sidewall off one of my tires and destroy the front lip of my car.....

I am soo pissed off/depressed about this i dont know what to do, i am throwing my stock rims back on toniht and taking off the front lip and seeing if there is any other damage underneath. Had my wheels just about two months, and now 2 are shot why dont i just take my paychecks, cash them, and throw the money out the damn window.... Anyone know how much a new front spoiler is gonna cost, i am too depressed to even do a search because i dont wanna think about it. From what i figure i am gonna leave the stockers on for the remainder of the fall and for the winter, save my money, so i can replace them the first day of spring next year.

I cant even look at the car right now, its like watching someone you know laying in a hospital bed, hurts me to look at it all battered and bruised up knowing htat right now there is nothing i can do about it. This is probably my longest post because i dont have a therapist and needed to blow off some steam. Thanks for listenting
Old 09-27-2004, 04:37 PM
Boy Genius

Sorry to hear that dude, but glad you're all right. Could have been worse, wish something could be done to make these things better, but sometimes all you can do is just sit back and count your blessings.

Peace!
Old 09-27-2004, 04:51 PM
Quattro in.....

Sorry to hear about the car. Try posting a WTB for the front piece, since a couple of members have put the JDM fronts on their cars maybe they will sell their OEM one. And at least nobody got hurt.
Old 09-27-2004, 06:49 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

make sure nothing is bent on your suspension as well, that's quite a hard hit. my condolences though, I've both wrecked my front end and damaged a wheel. it hurts.
Old 09-27-2004, 07:12 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Dude, that sucks. Sorry to hear. Good luck finding the parts you need and definitely have the suspension looked at.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:19 PM
Drifting

You aren't have the best of luck with the car, CSI, first the keying and now this.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Ouch man that sucks.

Maybe you can make some racoon fur hubcaps and pimp your ride out.
Old 09-27-2004, 09:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan Martin
racoon fur hubcaps and pimp your ride out.
Old 09-27-2004, 10:14 PM
04 remembrance

Sorry to hear.

I know exactly how you feel, because the past winter (Dec/2003) some idiot driver bumped straight into my front bumper resulting in a 1100 dollar fix. Unfortuantely, although I was faultless, a lot of unlucky things happened at the wrong time so I ended up paying the deductible (500) and claimed it under my own insurance. Then two weeks after that, I was parked talking to a buddy of mine inside my car then BAM, someone pulling out of a driveway apparently didn't see my car and hit my rear door resulting in a 450 dollar fix.

But all in all, everything turned out good, and I've been free of accidents since then, so just blur whatever happened and hope you feel better!
Old 09-28-2004, 09:06 AM
Banned

sorry to hear that.
Don't take it hard and don't dwell on it, everything is repairable man.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:50 AM
Three Wheelin'

I'm sure you are pissed at yourself more then the animals. And so you should be, running over the animals is the last resort. Avoid them without putting yourself in danger is the first move. Driving a little slower might help as well. Flame away.