Neo iPod Adapter advertisement featuring a TSX!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2007, 12:44 AM
'06 TSX/ASM/Ebony/5AT/Nav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Neo iPod Adapter advertisement featuring a TSX!!

Thought you guys might enjoy :-)

http://www.neocaraudio.com/product_i...oducts_id=1002

One of my friend put the adapter in his Civic - really nice product. Thinking about buying one for myself
Old 01-27-2007, 12:52 AM
Intermediate

Wow! I can't believe that it is really THAT easy.... but then that would not explain what I just saw. Is that little cabinet below the radio that simple to pull out?
Old 01-27-2007, 01:02 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man if its that easy I'm in!

But first i gotta see this plug thats apparently just sitting behind my "not an ashtray". Is that really there?
Old 01-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pretty much just like the USASpec I put in. The connector does have to be disconnected from the stereo as it is not just waiting in the back like the video would make it appear but you can see it plain as day once you get the tray out. I spent more time trying to get the tray out as it does fit there pretty tight but once you wrestle it out, it's a very easy install.
Old 01-27-2007, 03:04 PM
TSX Sold! Hello STi!

How is this different than the USA Spec adapter? It seems to me like the USA Spec does all that and *little* bit more, as well as being cheaper, and more of an established name. I'm not trying to hate on this new product or anything, but there doesn't seem to be anything new or innovative about it...
Old 01-27-2007, 04:54 PM
Team Owner

Received 105 Likes on 69 Posts
Shes cute.

I'd hit it.

Old 01-27-2007, 05:40 PM
Senior Moderator

For the record, Neo Ion's adapter IS a usa spec, just re-branded, and costs more.

And, from A/V section.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:06 PM
Burning Brakes

It actually lists on their website you can control "ANY playlist". Compare to the USA Spec which can only handle a hand full. That is the only reason why I would go with the Neo one over the USA Spec.
Old 01-27-2007, 08:22 PM
Intermediate

Would this work for my 2004?
Old 01-27-2007, 08:29 PM
Registered Car Nut

Site indicates that it would fit the 2004!
Old 01-28-2007, 03:20 AM
Intermediate

man that sucks it said US Orders Only, n i live ine canada too, anyone wanna buy one for me and mail it to me in canada please just message me if u could thanks...
Old 01-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by kaliraver69
It actually lists on their website you can control "ANY playlist".
Any playlist, as long is it is named to be one of your first 5.

Go read A/V where people actually own these. Its just a rebranded unit.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:53 AM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool video, I didn't realize how easy it was either. Always nice to see a video rather than just reading some instructions.

Its funny though, I like how to she contradicts herself about 8 times, saying she has never done it before but then gives tips along the way of the install
Old 01-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Slippy maybe...

Originally Posted by Liquid_Tiger
man that sucks it said US Orders Only, n i live ine canada too, anyone wanna buy one for me and mail it to me in canada please just message me if u could thanks...
Just buy a Dension ice>Link — you can buy those here in Canada. I installed mine in my car over a year and a half ago and from what I can tell, the devices operate the same.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:03 PM
Drifting

just go to e-bay man... i bought a USA Spec off e-bay and couldn't be happier... got here in 3 days from Texas, and it works like a charm...

the exact same product, different name...
Old 01-28-2007, 07:54 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

USA-Spec is the one that takes 30mins to do something with your iTunes, isn't it?
Does the Neo one do the same then?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:27 PM
Drifting

30 min to do something with iTunes??

What are you talking about? if you're talking about naming your playlists it's not 30 minutes at all, it's about 3 seconds quite honestly...
Old 01-28-2007, 09:40 PM
Instructor

will this work with the shuffle? and can you see the song title on the Navi screen?
Old 01-28-2007, 09:51 PM
Intermediate

well the usa spec one or even the dension ice one is it as easy to install like the neo one too..cuz i never had one or installed one b4 so i donno how easy or how hard it is to install it so please let me know i really want to buy one cuz i just got an ipod video the 80gs..
Old 01-28-2007, 10:13 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by cibs
30 min to do something with iTunes??

What are you talking about? if you're talking about naming your playlists it's not 30 minutes at all, it's about 3 seconds quite honestly...
Is the USA Spec not the one that you have to let it reconfigure your playlists for the iPod?
I know there's one that you run some software which tags your playlists and something or other - and it ain't quick doing it.
May be that's the Denison one then.

• Auto Playlist Select - If no play list are created, the interface auto selects the first 5 playlist on your iPod.

This makes no sense surely?
Old 01-28-2007, 10:14 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

http://www.usaspec.com/buy_int.html

Old 01-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Slippy maybe...

well the usa spec one or even the dension ice one is it as easy to install like the neo one too..cuz i never had one or installed one b4 so i donno how easy or how hard it is to install it so please let me know i really want to buy one cuz i just got an ipod video the 80gs..
Dead simple. I installed my ice>Link in about an hour or so... and half of that hour was spent trying to fish out a mirror I dropped behind the centre console while I was plugging it in.

Beyond that, drilling a hole into the centre console pocket to route the cable, and in my case, mounting the Dension iPod cradle in the pocket.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by tlbkcal
will this work with the shuffle? and can you see the song title on the Navi screen?
no and no.

Currently there are no products that support the text on the screen, we don't even have CD text, there's no way we can have iPod text...
Old 01-28-2007, 10:15 PM
Slippy maybe...

Originally Posted by PJS
I know there's one that you run some software which tags your playlists and something or other - and it ain't quick doing it.
Not the Dension. It's plug and play.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by PJS
Is the USA Spec not the one that you have to let it reconfigure your playlists for the iPod?

• Auto Playlist Select - If no play list are created, the interface auto selects the first 5 playlist on your iPod.

This makes no sense surely?

well then it's not the Denison, and it's not the USA-Spec... actually i've never heard of that software thing before... maybe some other brand

There is an option on the USA Spec that lets you select which playlists it reads, and you have to name them yourself.. (HONDA1, HONDA2, etc..) i just copied over my fav playlists, and named them... really took only a few seconds...
Old 01-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Drifting

Originally Posted by ryanhook
Dead simple. I installed my ice>Link in about an hour or so... and half of that hour was spent trying to fish out a mirror I dropped behind the centre console while I was plugging it in.

Beyond that, drilling a hole into the centre console pocket to route the cable, and in my case, mounting the Dension iPod cradle in the pocket.

eek it's a ghost!
Old 01-28-2007, 11:50 PM
Intermediate

Does Neo work with Non Nav?
Old 01-28-2007, 11:58 PM
'06 TSX/ASM/Ebony/5AT/Nav

Here's a review of Neo iPod adapter from RDX forum: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=ipod

Nothing fancy here: only advantages over the AUX input is it can charge your iPod and pause it when use switch source, use HFL etc.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Intermediate

b4 for i get any this unit how easy is it to get the glove compartment out of there is there any screws that i have to screw out or is it all clips like clipped on the fraime, just wanna know b4 i got ahead and buy it..
Old 01-31-2007, 12:04 AM
Intermediate

I just got back from installing my ice link plus iPod kit in my 2004 non-navi TSX. I have a few thoughts:

1. Buy the ice link on eBay! I purchased mine for $.01 plus $14.99 shipping. That's right- a brand new ice link plus for $15.00! Whee!!!

2. That girl in the video has done that MANY times before. There's no way it's THAT obvious. However, it's not much more difficult than that.

3. There is no "wire hanging down and waiting for you" like on the video (at least in my 2004 non-navi). You have to get your fingers under there and find the plug that the ice link Honda/Acura plug goes into. Mine was just a little to passenger side, facing down. I took a good guess at the orientation and it snapped right in. The ice-link unit is small and flat, so it's easy to just pop it back behind stuff.

4. I ran iPod cable through the tiny hole in the front of the light. That seemed to work OK for me, but I can see why you might want to drill a slightly larger hole.

5. The ice link works well. The interface is a little odd, but I usually just let my iPod play randomly and it's easy to set up the ice link to do this.

Out to my car, installed and 10 minutes of playing time... I was back inside the house in 45 minutes. So, 4 1/2 minutes? No way. But under an hour is reasonable.

Liquid_Tiger, that little "glove box" really does just snap out. Give it a tug, wiggle here and there, and out it comes. Took me about 1 minute because I was being gentle but once it broke loose it just pops right out. Snapping it back in is very simple.

I do suggest watching this video. It was very, very informative. Not all true, but it sure helps.
Old 01-31-2007, 01:04 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Roundy67
I just got back from installing my ice link plus iPod kit in my 2004 non-navi TSX. I have a few thoughts:

1. Buy the ice link on eBay! I purchased mine for $.01 plus $14.99 shipping. That's right- a brand new ice link plus for $15.00! Whee!!!

2. That girl in the video has done that MANY times before. There's no way it's THAT obvious. However, it's not much more difficult than that.

3. There is no "wire hanging down and waiting for you" like on the video (at least in my 2004 non-navi). You have to get your fingers under there and find the plug that the ice link Honda/Acura plug goes into. Mine was just a little to passenger side, facing down. I took a good guess at the orientation and it snapped right in. The ice-link unit is small and flat, so it's easy to just pop it back behind stuff.

4. I ran iPod cable through the tiny hole in the front of the light. That seemed to work OK for me, but I can see why you might want to drill a slightly larger hole.

5. The ice link works well. The interface is a little odd, but I usually just let my iPod play randomly and it's easy to set up the ice link to do this.

Out to my car, installed and 10 minutes of playing time... I was back inside the house in 45 minutes. So, 4 1/2 minutes? No way. But under an hour is reasonable.

Liquid_Tiger, that little "glove box" really does just snap out. Give it a tug, wiggle here and there, and out it comes. Took me about 1 minute because I was being gentle but once it broke loose it just pops right out. Snapping it back in is very simple.

I do suggest watching this video. It was very, very informative. Not all true, but it sure helps.
with the Ice Link can you control what songs you wanna listen to from the Ipod itself? or do you have to use the controls on your car?
Old 01-31-2007, 12:01 PM
Intermediate

wow my neo ipod just came today and told me about almost an hour to install it plugging everything in told me a few seconds but the one thing that slowed me down was the drilling of a hole cuz if u looked at the video from there site that wire that goes up to the light the bulb part does fit in after the wire was in there, so i had to drill a hole but after all that it was worth it, the sound is just like if u were playing a cd, anyone know a way to make all the mp3s the same level cuz some of my songs r really loud like if u put the volume at 12 its like it was at 20, is it cuz the bit rate in some r really high i donno, anyways love the product....
Old 01-31-2007, 12:14 PM
PJS
Burning Brakes

Use Sound Check option in iTunes to equalise all your songs to the same level (more or less).
If you use a Mac - iVolume works a treat instead.
There may be similar software for Windows at www.versiontracker.com
Old 01-31-2007, 12:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by chicadorada
with the Ice Link can you control what songs you wanna listen to from the Ipod itself? or do you have to use the controls on your car?
I believe that you can, but you have to step thru some odd hoops to get the control of the sound back to the iPod. Ice Link wants to drive the interface. As I said, I usually listen to my iPod play songs randomly. It's like having my own radio station.

I'll try to switch over to iPod control on the drive home tonight and confirm this can be done.

PS. To find a $15 Ice Link on eBay, just search for "iPod, Acura" in the eBay search. The place I purchased it from got it to me fast. CR Electronics or something like that. They are a liquidator. They don't ship via UPS (as they claim), so they are making their money on the "shipping charge". They shipped US mail and it arrived two business days after the PayPal payment went through. They spend a whopping $1.36 on shipping and charged me $14.99. I won't complain. They have to make some money and everything arrived fine in a bubble-wrap pouch, still sealed in original packaging and instructions (which are NOT Acura-specific).

I figure they got the units for a song when Dension USA flopped and are selling these to get rid of them. But hey, for $15, it's probably the best electronics investment I've ever made. If you don't like it just throw it away. It only cost 15 bucks. My local car audio place wanted $200 to do what I just did myself for $15.

I'm a happy iPod listener.

On to new tires!!!!!
Old 01-31-2007, 05:29 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Roundy67
I believe that you can, but you have to step thru some odd hoops to get the control of the sound back to the iPod. Ice Link wants to drive the interface. As I said, I usually listen to my iPod play songs randomly. It's like having my own radio station.

I'll try to switch over to iPod control on the drive home tonight and confirm this can be done.

PS. To find a $15 Ice Link on eBay, just search for "iPod, Acura" in the eBay search. The place I purchased it from got it to me fast. CR Electronics or something like that. They are a liquidator. They don't ship via UPS (as they claim), so they are making their money on the "shipping charge". They shipped US mail and it arrived two business days after the PayPal payment went through. They spend a whopping $1.36 on shipping and charged me $14.99. I won't complain. They have to make some money and everything arrived fine in a bubble-wrap pouch, still sealed in original packaging and instructions (which are NOT Acura-specific).

I figure they got the units for a song when Dension USA flopped and are selling these to get rid of them. But hey, for $15, it's probably the best electronics investment I've ever made. If you don't like it just throw it away. It only cost 15 bucks. My local car audio place wanted $200 to do what I just did myself for $15.

I'm a happy iPod listener.

On to new tires!!!!!
Is this compatible with the 06?
Old 02-01-2007, 01:24 AM
Racer

So whats better then the Ice Link or NEO Prolink???
Old 02-01-2007, 01:26 AM
Racer

Can somebody post a DIY on how to install the Neo Prolink onto a TSX w/ Navi. (I already watched the video, but I'd rather have a post up on this)
Old 02-01-2007, 10:10 AM
Intermediate

yo i got the program and i just can't seem to get the mp3s the same level and when i think i did, it sounds weird... so help
Old 02-01-2007, 10:13 AM
Intermediate

and one more thing i install my neo ipod thing in yesterday works great but the glove compartment in side has a light right, mine doesn't light up at night hey, so anyone please help... i plug back everything n i just dont know why its not lighting up...
Old 02-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Intermediate

Tiger, did you break the light bulb perhaps? They can be sensitive to jarring.

Mav3556, I don't have a navi car so I can't help you. Sorry. I think there are some who have done so in Acurazine? Do a search for iPod. There are a lot of threads.

Quick Reply: Neo iPod Adapter advertisement featuring a TSX!!