need suggestions on 06 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2005, 09:41 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need suggestions on 06 TSX

Hi everyone! New member and first post. I've been browsing these forums for quite awhile now, hoping to learn as much about the TSX as I could before I got one. Anyways, I am planning on ordering a 2006 TSX AT non-navi very soon and I just need some opinons.

Wing or no wing? (I like the look of both and I was just wondering what everyone else thinks)

New 06 OEM kit or no? I know that if I had gotten the 05 I would have definitely gotten the oem kit, but the new 06 front doesn't look as bad w/o it. I like the more aggressive look, but it does seem a little bit tacked on. So should I go with the oem kit?

Thanks for your feedback guys!
Old 11-20-2005, 09:51 PM
Burning Brakes

I have another question......is there Aspec option for the new 06?
what they look like.....i think i saw a pic while ago...it's pretty ugly?

if the kit was from the pic. i saw last time......
I think you should save the money and change the wheel
Old 11-20-2005, 10:13 PM
Safety Car

Since your in Denver, do you think having a kit would be practical during winter? IMHO, the '06 looks good as is, and as far as the spoiler, I would go with the lip instead of the "wing".
Old 11-20-2005, 10:21 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverUA5
and as far as the spoiler, I would go with the lip instead of the "wing".
Old 11-20-2005, 10:32 PM
Advanced

Since your in Denver, do you think having a kit would be practical during winter?
Would getting a kit change the performance of the car dramatically in the snow?
Old 11-20-2005, 10:45 PM
Pro

Depending on how low to the ground it is you may have issues with it. I live in Saskatchewan and it's not unusual to wake up to about 3-4" of snow. Definitely don't want to be riding around in a car with a body kit and/or lowered or it'll become a snow plow.

Barring that, the oem kit looks badass. I'd most likely go with the Euro-R but I'm waiting to see exactly what the height is on the '06. Should know in a week or so.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:52 PM
Beauty is a curse...

Originally Posted by aznTSXgurl
Hi everyone! New member and first post. I've been browsing these forums for quite awhile now, hoping to learn as much about the TSX as I could before I got one. Anyways, I am planning on ordering a 2006 TSX AT non-navi very soon and I just need some opinons.

Wing or no wing? (I like the look of both and I was just wondering what everyone else thinks)

New 06 OEM kit or no? I know that if I had gotten the 05 I would have definitely gotten the oem kit, but the new 06 front doesn't look as bad w/o it. I like the more aggressive look, but it does seem a little bit tacked on. So should I go with the oem kit?

Thanks for your feedback guys!

1.) I would definitely go with the kit and wing, but not from the dealer. You can get it for almost half the price from either ebay or an online website. It would save you a few dollars.

2.) OEM kit does give it a more aggressive look; IMO a stock tsx (even '06) looks too plain jane for me. Lower it with a good combo of springs/struts (or coilovers) with a camber kit and call it a day.

3.) Why no navi?

4.) Nice Pic.
Old 11-20-2005, 10:54 PM
Beauty is a curse...

Would getting a kit change the performance of the car dramatically in the snow?

if its really a concern, you could always remove the front lip during the winter. Correct me if im wrong, but its basically held in my strong 3m tape and screws (at least most of the lip kits do)
Old 11-20-2005, 11:00 PM
06 TSX ASM/Ebony 5AT

Originally Posted by kyotousa
I have another question......is there Aspec option for the new 06?
what they look like.....i think i saw a pic while ago...it's pretty ugly?

if the kit was from the pic. i saw last time......
I think you should save the money and change the wheel
Yes, I posted this a while ago.
A-Spec performance Package listed:
o Sport suspension system
o 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels
o Under-body spoiler kit
o Wing spoiler
o Exterior badging

I scanned this from the 06 TSX brochure:

Old 11-20-2005, 11:41 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Nismotic
3.) Why no navi?

4.) Nice Pic.
No navi because I'm not sure i want to spend an extra 2k. Although navi would be nice. Well I'm not sure yet, but I doubt it. And thank you for the comment!
Old 11-20-2005, 11:45 PM
Racer

I don't like the wing on a TSX and the 06 doesn't need the OEM kit IMO, I would on an 05 though.
Old 11-20-2005, 11:54 PM
But of Kourse!

No navi because I'm not sure i want to spend an extra 2k. Although navi would be nice. Well I'm not sure yet, but I doubt it. And thank you for the comment!
First off, yes, it's a very nice picture. It's good you're brave enough to post your own picture, unlike myself.

Well, when I first shopped for my TSX, I didn't want the Navi. I always thought I'd never need it. Plus, in my group of family and friends, I'm always the one that knows 2-3 ways of getting somewhere. People always ask me for directions and trust me, I can give detailed directions. I can tell u how many traffic lights there are, how a street will curve, what building you'll see before you turn, and sometimes how many fire hydrants you'll see before you should turn.

Anyway, I'm not someone who "needs" a Navi. But I am so happy I got it. It brings the interior up another level. The touchscreen and voice recognition controls just about everything. I mean, you don't even have to use the map and it's worth it. Plus, everybody will compliment you just because of that screen. And when it talks back, they're ! In the end, you get your money back because of higher resale value. Trust me, it's definitely worth another $30-$40 bucks a month.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:04 AM
Advanced

save the money you'd spend on the kit & wing and go for the nav?
Old 11-21-2005, 12:13 AM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Like everyone suggested....you are better off not getting the wing and kit from the dealer. Just get the car and you can later on decide whether to get the wing and kit from a cheaper place. I am also in the process of getting the '06 and the nav makes the car. No point in getting a TSX (or an acura) if you don't go for the top-rated nav.

And definitely nice pic
Old 11-21-2005, 07:54 AM
Canuck

Get tghe car with NAVI and get the kits afterwards. It'c much much cheaper to buy it after.

You can always add wheels, kits, suspension etc...but it's very very very hard to add NAVI once you get the car.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:10 AM
Safety Car

If pricing is your concern, maybe you should get the '05 with the navi and kit, chances are you r probably paying a $$$ more instead of getting an '06. Dealers either don't have any in stock or they want retail.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:10 PM
Racer

Dealers either don't have any in stock or they want retail.
I haven't heard of one person paying retail for an 06.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:10 PM
Advanced

I'd factor weather in your decision regarding the underbody kit or if you dropped it a few inches. Driving a low car in the snow sucks, and if you ever want to hit the mountains, and I'm assuming you do in Denver, you might have to use chains in the winter.

Granted, it look great w/ all of the extra gear, but practically, it might be a pain in the ass.

And yes, two thumbs up on the pic.
Old 11-21-2005, 02:17 PM
Banned

Navi first everything else later - def. no wing spoiler !
Old 11-21-2005, 02:32 PM
Burning Brakes

If pricing is your concern, maybe you should get the '05 with the navi and kit, chances are you r probably paying a $$$ more instead of getting an '06. Dealers either don't have any in stock or they want retail.
actually that is pretty smart....
proabably could get navi 2005 for like 28.5K drive out include everything

i wonder what i would do......
my only concern would be either 205hp vs like 05's 190hp??
other stuff would be a simple fix ....
Old 11-21-2005, 02:59 PM
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by kyotousa
actually that is pretty smart....
proabably could get navi 2005 for like 28.5K drive out include everything

i wonder what i would do......
my only concern would be either 205hp vs like 05's 190hp??
other stuff would be a simple fix ....
If you're planning on keeping the TSX for less than 6-7 years, buying an '05 now will seriously hurt the resale value. Why? Because it's a year old already. If you go to sell the '05 in say 5 years, it will be worth $2,000+ less than an '06. Now if you're planning on driving the car into the ground, this won't matter. But if not, you should keep in mind the loss in resale value down the road by going with last year's model.

Plus, if you get the '06 you get:

• More Power!!
  • Integrated Fogs
  • Better Navi
  • Bluetooth
  • iPod Connection
  • Memory Seats
  • Better Wipers
  • Etc.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:06 PM
Racer

And in response to your 2005 Navi for 28.5k, you can get an '06 for that. Call up a few Acura dealers within 150 miles, ask for the Internet manager, tell them that you were quoted 28.5k for an '06 Navi and that you'll put down a deposit right now if they can beat that price. The '06 invoice + destination as posted in another thread is $27,872, so 28.5k should be easily attainable this way. I worked up a deal on an '06 for $500 over invoice.
Old 11-21-2005, 04:03 PM
Pro

In Canada, a few of us got our '06s for the price of the '05s. The dealers here are willing to negotiate but they're not gonna budge too far on the msrp especially when they know they can get it for more. Invoice dealing doesn't work that much up north here. Sux!
Old 11-21-2005, 04:05 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by helraiser
In Canada, a few of us got our '06s for the price of the '05s. The dealers here are willing to negotiate but they're not gonna budge too far on the msrp especially when they know they can get it for more. Invoice dealing doesn't work that much up north here. Sux!
I got $1,500 off MSRP without even asking but from what I've been reading on this forum I got taken to the cleaners.
Old 11-21-2005, 05:50 PM
Advanced

I think I've already waited too long for the '06 to change my mind and get the '05 now. All the wait would have been for nothing! And I just can't say no to all the spiffy features they added.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback so far. About the navi, I will have to try to convince my parents on that, since they are paying for most of it, and they say I don't really need it. I guess I can live without navi, but I think the kit makes the TSX look more unique and more sporty for my age. All of the TSXs I've seen around here are all stock. And to the people saying I should get the navi first and kit later, I would rather get it when I get the car because my parents would be more willing to pay for it then and I wouldn't have to worry about installation.

Question: Anyone know about how much a kit would lower my car? I didn't think it would lower it that much. And it should be fine where I live, we'll occassionally have some bad snow storms, but snow usually melts the next day.

Also I got a internet quote for a 2006 TSX AT non-navi: $27536
Old 11-21-2005, 06:05 PM
Pro

That's not a bad price. Damn Canuck dealers hiking up their prices. Almost makes me wanna get my deposit back and go import one in. Only problem would be dealing with kmh vs mph as well as the other regulations like daytime running lights, etc.

If you've got a PDA you can buy yourself a $140 GPS unit, install the navigation software on your pda and mount it on one of your vents. I've done that with my current vehicle - Dell Axim x30h with TomTom 5 navigation and GPS unit from buygpsnow.com.

I will ultimately do the conversion that streeteffectz did to convert the non-nav into one with nav/tv/dvd. Gonna get with the making dvd music vids and hey, it's pretty nice to have for those long haul trips.

on another note... NO ELECTION THIS CHRISTMAS!!!
Old 11-21-2005, 07:01 PM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Does that quote include the body kit or desitination charges? If not, then the dealer barely budged on the price. Keep shopping around!!
Old 11-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by J.A.S.
Does that quote include the body kit or desitination charges? If not, then the dealer barely budged on the price. Keep shopping around!!
Yeah, that price sounds terrible to me. You should be paying around 28.5k WITH Navi or 26.5k without (both prices include destination).
Old 11-21-2005, 08:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by J.A.S.
Nope I don't believe it includes anything. Not sure about destination charge though. Yea I guess I'll have to keep shopping around then.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:29 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by feliz
I haven't heard of one person paying retail for an 06.

I got quoted $1600 and $1700 above invoice, so that's pretty close to retail right?
Old 11-21-2005, 09:35 PM
Racer

I got quoted $1600 and $1700 above invoice, so that's pretty close to retail right?
I honestly don't know when you ask me that way, I don't know invoice in the US. I'm going by all the posters on this and other forums that are getting close to invoice. I paid MSRP-$1,500 which is about $500 over invoice in Canada and it appears I got a bad deal from what I'm seeing. I actually can't believe some of the deals people are saying they're getting on 06s.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:36 PM
Safety Car

I think I've already waited too long for the '06 to change my mind and get the '05 now. All the wait would have been for nothing! And I just can't say no to all the spiffy features they added.

Thanks everyone for all the feedback so far. About the navi, I will have to try to convince my parents on that, since they are paying for most of it, and they say I don't really need it. I guess I can live without navi, but I think the kit makes the TSX look more unique and more sporty for my age. All of the TSXs I've seen around here are all stock. And to the people saying I should get the navi first and kit later, I would rather get it when I get the car because my parents would be more willing to pay for it then and I wouldn't have to worry about installation.

Question: Anyone know about how much a kit would lower my car? I didn't think it would lower it that much. And it should be fine where I live, we'll occassionally have some bad snow storms, but snow usually melts the next day.

$27890 is MSRP so I think it's a little high. Are you in a hurry? If not, you should wait until late Dec. where they need to clear out the year end and month end vehicles. Just remember - dealerships has a quotas and the more you sell the better.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:51 PM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
GET THE NAV!!!! One of the biggest mistakes of my life not getting it.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:57 PM
No-navi, yo

Originally Posted by cttsxDAWG
GET THE NAV!!!! One of the biggest mistakes of my life not getting it.
You must have a good life!
Old 11-22-2005, 07:00 AM
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The spread between invoice and MSRP is about $2,500 (on non-navi), so there's still room for the dealer to give you a better deal.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:40 PM
Professional SLACKER

Spend the $2k for the navi... or you gonna regret it....
I know I did...... because with the nav, you'll have an option to add TV in the future. IMO
Old 11-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Professional SLACKER

Originally Posted by SirTodd
First off, yes, it's a very nice picture. It's good you're brave enough to post your own picture, unlike myself.

Well, when I first shopped for my TSX, I didn't want the Navi. I always thought I'd never need it. Plus, in my group of family and friends, I'm always the one that knows 2-3 ways of getting somewhere. People always ask me for directions and trust me, I can give detailed directions. I can tell u how many traffic lights there are, how a street will curve, what building you'll see before you turn, and sometimes how many fire hydrants you'll see before you should turn.

Anyway, I'm not someone who "needs" a Navi. But I am so happy I got it. It brings the interior up another level. The touchscreen and voice recognition controls just about everything. I mean, you don't even have to use the map and it's worth it. Plus, everybody will compliment you just because of that screen. And when it talks back, they're ! In the end, you get your money back because of higher resale value. Trust me, it's definitely worth another $30-$40 bucks a month.

Damn.. that's probably the best $40/month that you've ever spent huh?
Love the voice activatiton, AC control.. its the ego thing.... =P
Old 11-22-2005, 08:43 PM
Professional SLACKER

Old 11-22-2005, 08:49 PM
Professional SLACKER

Nope I don't believe it includes anything. Not sure about destination charge though. Yea I guess I'll have to keep shopping around then.

Find out if your parents a AAA or a costco member..... because participated dealers are able to give you a discount.....
For AAA go to their website and do online search to find the participating dealers.
Costco call or go to your local Costco and find who's participating in the Costco discount program.

The price is usually $750 above invoice......
I was quoted $29.5k for the 04 w/Nav and $27.5k w/o nav before negotiating....

Give it a try.. its worth the time to save $1-2k

Good luck
Old 11-22-2005, 09:55 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by foolioness
Find out if your parents a AAA or a costco member..... because participated dealers are able to give you a discount.....
For AAA go to their website and do online search to find the participating dealers.
Costco call or go to your local Costco and find who's participating in the Costco discount program.

The price is usually $750 above invoice......
I was quoted $29.5k for the 04 w/Nav and $27.5k w/o nav before negotiating....

Give it a try.. its worth the time to save $1-2k

Good luck
Hey thanks for the info! I know for sure my parents are costco members, so I'll definitely remember to mention that when I go to the dealers.

Quick Reply: need suggestions on 06 TSX