Need some advice

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2004, 10:40 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need some advice

Hey everyone,

I own a 04/CG tsx and after i had it for about 2 months i was hit by a very young and VERY stupid driver. it was a 100% fault accident put on his claim. The repair is taking a while because i demanded all acura parts put back into it and some parts were backordered.

My first questions is how long can i wait till I wash and wax the car where it has been painted ? (The hood , front fender and the right front quarter panel were all replaced and freshly painted)

Sencondly i am getting the run around from Gieco about the rental payment. They originally agreed to re-emburse me for the number of days in which i had the rental. Enterprise tried to submit a direct pay and gieco rejected it. So i had the rental for about 50 days and gieco is only paying for 20 so far. I was wondering if you all have any ideas on how i can get the other 30 days paid to me like i am owed. The rental was 25 dollars a day so i am owned about another $1000, gieco said they can't authorize that payment cause it has taken to long.

Mind you it was a accident that was 100% fault of the driver who hit me!

What a headache ! Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
Old 12-10-2004, 10:48 AM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Sorry to hear about your misfortune.

Paint should cure for about 2 months before you wax it. Factory paint jobs are baked on so they can be waxed immediately.

You might be SOL on your rental issue but I would double check your policy. Many policies have clauses that say they'll only cover rentals for a maximum of 30 days. You might be able to recover the extra cost from the person who hit you in small claims court.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:51 AM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by justlooking
Hey everyone,

I own a 04/CG tsx and after i had it for about 2 months i was hit by a very young and VERY stupid driver. it was a 100% fault accident put on his claim. The repair is taking a while because i demanded all acura parts put back into it and some parts were backordered.

My first questions is how long can i wait till I wash and wax the car where it has been painted ? (The hood , front fender and the right front quarter panel were all replaced and freshly painted)

Sencondly i am getting the run around from Gieco about the rental payment. They originally agreed to re-emburse me for the number of days in which i had the rental. Enterprise tried to submit a direct pay and gieco rejected it. So i had the rental for about 50 days and gieco is only paying for 20 so far. I was wondering if you all have any ideas on how i can get the other 30 days paid to me like i am owed. The rental was 25 dollars a day so i am owned about another $1000, gieco said they can't authorize that payment cause it has taken to long.

Mind you it was a accident that was 100% fault of the driver who hit me!

What a headache ! Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
On the wash and wax, wait about two weeks to allow the paint to fully cure and you should be fine to wash and wax it.

As for the rental payment, is Geico your insurance company or the kid's? If it's his, then you can have your insurance company negotiate to see if they can get more money. If it's your insurance company, review your contract. If your contract doesn't include rental coverage, you're out of luck. If it does, figure out the terms of the agreement and if they are in your favor, hold them to it.
Old 12-10-2004, 10:54 AM
3rd Gear

Gieco is both his insurance company and mine. The rental and repair was placed on a claim under his policy though.
Old 12-10-2004, 11:12 AM
cmf
ATCer

I've heard you can wash right away, but need to wait up to 3 months to wax, or do a good cleaning on the paint.
You'll get a lot of different input on washing and waxing, so, the best thing to do is ask the body shop that did the work. They painted it, baked it, whatever else that needed to be done. They should know best. My .02

I'd have to agree w/ Dan on the small claims thing. You might be SOL, so inform their insurance and the person that hit you, that you are gonna sue for the amount due on the rental. Hopefully someone won't wanna deal with it and will just cut you a check.