Need Help From San Francisco Acura owners

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Need Help From San Francisco Acura owners

A friendly hello to all members. I recently converted a Audi A4 owner to being a TSX owner. She has picked a CGP/EN 6MT navi. She is getting the car on the east coast, but will be moving to San Francisco in about a month.

I can give her a list of the dealerships out in that area, but would like to get some info from folks in the area. Is there any particular dealership in the area that people have had good experiences with (or bad experiences)? Are there any dealerships in the area that will give her a loaner car when she is in for service even though she didn't buy the car from them?

Any help (or horror stories) would be greatly appreciated. I have told her about our community here and she seems pretty excited about how much we all love our Acuras and will probably be joining us soon. I'd just like to send her out to Cali with a recomendation of a dealer she can trust.

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-25-2007, 12:07 PM
Pink Domo

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If she's living in SF proper, the closest dealership would be Acura of Serramonte in Colma. I've taken mine in for an oil change and they seem ok. I've never gotten a loaner, but I only work 5 miles away from Serramonte so they send me off in the shuttle. It DID take them 2 times to fix the infamous squeaky/shifty driver seat TSB.

My boss takes his NSX in to Mike Harvey Acura in Burlingame. As he puts it, he goes there simply because its closest to home and work. He never mentioned anything poor about them, but I had the feeling that he'd go elsewhere if he had time. I haven't heard much about their service other than that.
Old 04-25-2007, 02:00 PM
No longer in denial

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If she doesn't mind the drive over the bridge, Oakland Acura is another great place to take her car, I bought my car there and have no complaints whatsoever.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Advanced

acura of serramonte = avoid at all cost
mike harvey acrua = avoid at all cost
acura of marin = very rude sale reps, they think that if you don't buy it someone else would.

acura of oakland = satisfactory customer service
Old 04-25-2007, 09:47 PM
TSX Track Days

Santa Rosa Acura has pretty poorly educated sales reps, but it didn't bother me (went through internet dept).

Service department is ok for a "luxury" car dealer. New loaner cars (TSX, TL, RDX), but not special.
Old 04-25-2007, 10:38 PM
my acura sanctuary

Black label I wonder if your question really should be:
What are the best Acura dealership Service Departments (for your friend)?
since she really wouldn't care about the sales department which is usually what dealership reputations are based on.
There is no Acura dealers in San Francisco, pressed for time before a trip the only SF dealership service dept I used once is SF Honda for the first oil change. no loaner cars but shuttles throughout the city. Hopkins Acura in redwood city, not convienient to sf only provides loaners for warranty or major service work (over $500?), which seems very typical throughout the Bay area. (My guess is that they just dont have enough cars due to the volume of acuras in the bay area). Oh yeah, Serramonte Acura (20 mins south of SF) did provide a loaner TSX when I had my windshield replaced (insurance).
Old 04-25-2007, 11:12 PM
Advanced

Acura of Serramonte has treated me well. They gave me free loaners a couple of times I got my car serviced. They solved all issues I have with the car under warranty without any problems - rotors and brake pads replaced twice, headlight condensation fixed, rattles here and there and rear control arm suspension (TSB). So far, nothing but excellent service from them..
Old 04-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Trolling Canuckistan

Received 811 Likes on 644 Posts
Originally Posted by subdued
Black label I wonder if your question really should be:
What are the best Acura dealership Service Departments (for your friend)?
since she really wouldn't care about the sales department which is usually what dealership reputations are based on.
There is no Acura dealers in San Francisco, pressed for time before a trip the only SF dealership service dept I used once is SF Honda for the first oil change. no loaner cars but shuttles throughout the city. Hopkins Acura in redwood city, not convienient to sf only provides loaners for warranty or major service work (over $500?), which seems very typical throughout the Bay area. (My guess is that they just dont have enough cars due to the volume of acuras in the bay area). Oh yeah, Serramonte Acura (20 mins south of SF) did provide a loaner TSX when I had my windshield replaced (insurance).
You're right, the service dept is really what I'm looking for. Believe it or not though, she isn't my friend (don't take that the wrong way she is a very nice lady), she's my customer. See, not all car sales people are scumbags, some of us go out of our way to help a customer one who's moving to the other side of the country and I will never have the opportunity to sell her another car, but I want her to have a good experience with whatever service department she uses.

Any way, she will be here in 5 minutes to pick up her car. Thanks for the responses, I will pass them on to her.
Old 04-26-2007, 03:33 PM
my acura sanctuary

Originally Posted by sutekidane
acura of serramonte = avoid at all cost
mike harvey acrua = avoid at all cost
acura of marin = very rude sale reps, they think that if you don't buy it someone else would.

acura of oakland = satisfactory customer service
sutekidane, Since Acura of Serramonte is the closest to SF (without crossing a bridge)
can you (sutekidane) give us all some background on the "avoid at all cost" comment?

you have the 1 negative vote, myself and another gave them a positive vote.

thanks
Old 04-26-2007, 03:40 PM
me,gill,and tl-s

if she really doen't mind the drive go to acura of concord and speak to mikey. he is the best tell him that jeff sent you and you will be taken care of. i have gotten a loaner for an oil change and they are the best.

good luck

mrproul
Old 04-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Cruisin'

Los Gatos.

Good staff. Great service.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:13 PM
Advanced

serramonte - very pushy sales rep. and not really willing to negotiate. and with the "im not going to let you leave until you buy the car attitude." i'm not saying that they shouldn't be doing their job, but the decision is up to the buyer not the seller. the finance mgr was worse, she simply wouldn't give up selling the extended warranty plan even after telling her NO for four times, then all of the sudden she be tossing in packages and other stuffs to make it seem like a good deal.
Old 04-27-2007, 03:09 PM
'06 TSX/ASM/Ebony/5AT/Nav

I had horrible experience with Mike Harvey and reasonably good experience with Hopkins. I dealt with only the service department of both these Acura dealers.