need help buying a 05 tsx in toronto

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2004, 01:31 AM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need help buying a 05 tsx in toronto

1)what is the going rate for an automatic ( no nav) with spoiler and fog lights in toronto or canada and also

2)can anyone any one can recomend a dealer / broker in toronto??

3) what are pros and cons of using a dealer - vs- broker.

thanks 4 any info provided.
Old 12-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Instructor

1. expect to pay about $40500 for an 2005/5AT out the door. the spoiler and fogs you will have to talk to the dealer about....although you can buy them on ebay for MUCH CHEAPER.

2. as for dealers....my buddy (marktsx) and I have had a great experience with michael london at markham acura. he got his 2005/6MT for $39K and i got a 2004/5AT for $37K out the door. someone else on this site also picked up a car this weekend for michael (from our recommendation).

3. cons: brokers charge $$$$ for something you can do yourself.
pros: none....unless you are lazy and loaded.
Old 12-06-2004, 06:56 AM
Cruisin'

Yeah, that's about right. My 05 6MT will be 43k OTD with body kit, spoiler, fogs, all weather mats, wheel locks.

I'm using a broker: http://www.autorevolution.ca/.

I would recommend this broker as they will give you a quote (free) so it wouldn't hurt to try. They quoted me the lowest price I could find without haggling.
Old 12-06-2004, 07:52 AM
Advanced

Purchasing Opinions

Originally Posted by tsxwtg
1)what is the going rate for an automatic ( no nav) with spoiler and fog lights in toronto or canada and also

2)can anyone any one can recomend a dealer / broker in toronto??

3) what are pros and cons of using a dealer - vs- broker.

thanks 4 any info provided.
Can't help you on the going rate, but I've been VERY satisfied with Acura 2000 in Brampton.

The price I paid for my 04 6MT in August was quite competitive compared to what I've seen posted here, and the service has been equal to the best I've ever had from any dealer.

I've had the car four months and had one adjustment and one service - their staff have called me three or four times to ensure I am happy with my car and the service. I'm a picky customer, and they have met my expectations well.

They are the only dealership I've ever dealt with with a full time quality assurance manager whose only job is to make sure you are satisfied with the experience.

I would be inclined to purchase from a dealer (particularly if I planned to service the car there) because they will be more motivated to ensure you are completely satisfied - they want you to buy there next time. And they are going to be more likely to go to bat for you if your car has a problem that falls into a warranty grey area.

I've had four new Honda/Acura products since 1996, and can tell you several stories where the dealer interceded on my behalf which have made a big difference to me. When you hear stories where one person had a part replaced for a problem while others did not, or one person gets a loaner car while someone else didn't ...

YMMV
Old 12-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by Ellswrth
Can't help you on the going rate, but I've been VERY satisfied with Acura 2000 in Brampton.

The price I paid for my 04 6MT in August was quite competitive compared to what I've seen posted here, and the service has been equal to the best I've ever had from any dealer.

I've had the car four months and had one adjustment and one service - their staff have called me three or four times to ensure I am happy with my car and the service. I'm a picky customer, and they have met my expectations well.

They are the only dealership I've ever dealt with with a full time quality assurance manager whose only job is to make sure you are satisfied with the experience.

I would be inclined to purchase from a dealer (particularly if I planned to service the car there) because they will be more motivated to ensure you are completely satisfied - they want you to buy there next time. And they are going to be more likely to go to bat for you if your car has a problem that falls into a warranty grey area.

I've had four new Honda/Acura products since 1996, and can tell you several stories where the dealer interceded on my behalf which have made a big difference to me. When you hear stories where one person had a part replaced for a problem while others did not, or one person gets a loaner car while someone else didn't ...

YMMV
I totally recommend Acura 2000 also.
Everybody, and I mean Everybody at that dealership is friendly and courteous and is always providing top notch service.

I've had my car for a year now and have had no issues with Acura 2000. Even the other sales guys on the floor (that I didn't buy from) know my car and are always helpful.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:57 AM
Kai
10th Gear

i also reccomend acura 2000, my dad purchased his tsx with them through a broker and the service has been excellent, actually the calls after ever service are starting to get annoying though. i reccomend giving them your wrong phone number if you dont want to be called 4-5 times to check up on ever service you've had. hahaha
Old 12-06-2004, 12:00 PM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Acura 2000's service has gotten alot better in the last year or so. Must have someting to do with the after calls and the survey cards attached to each service invoice. It wasn't bad before but now its just excellent.
Old 12-06-2004, 12:22 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Acura 2000 is the dealer that Acura Canada recommends to people. The apparently have very close ties to head office.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by t_dot_porkchop
1. expect to pay about $40500 for an 2005/5AT out the door. the spoiler and fogs you will have to talk to the dealer about....although you can buy them on ebay for MUCH CHEAPER.

2. as for dealers....my buddy (marktsx) and I have had a great experience with michael london at markham acura. he got his 2005/6MT for $39K and i got a 2004/5AT for $37K out the door. someone else on this site also picked up a car this weekend for michael (from our recommendation).

3. cons: brokers charge $$$$ for something you can do yourself.
pros: none....unless you are lazy and loaded.
Where can i get the 05 TSX for 40 500? i'm interested... i'm getting a quote of 41,900 for 05/auto/PWP /w spoiler, wheel locks, trunk tray and weather mats.
Old 12-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Instructor

i would offer $41K with all those options....

my buddy got a manual 2005 for $39K out the door (no options), so you should be able to get $40500 for an auto (no options).

call up markham acura...speak to michael london...