Name plate

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 09:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Name plate

It seems funny to me, that people would go out of there way to put honda badging on a Acura . I know what some of you are thinking is " Duhhh, well the Acura is really a Honda Accord in other places of the world " . Thats only partially correct .

Being stationed in Germany as recently as 2006, for nearly four years and my brother in-law owning a Euro Accord I can tell you that there is minor diffrences between the twins . But like most twins they have diffrent names mine is Acura and his is Honda . In fact he wants to swap badging with me . So if you live in North America you bought a Acura and if you live in Europe you bought a Honda and thats that .
Old 08-10-2007, 09:33 PM
Advanced

I can get people the honda red badge for cheap if you would like . My brother in law works for Honda of Bamberg which is in Germany . All I need to know is who would like one and I can arrange for him to send me about 10 of them .
Old 08-10-2007, 09:42 PM
Racer

I've always wondered this too. Don't mean to offend anyone who prefers this, I am just curious.

I've gotten slightly different answers to date, so I'm wondering if someone could confirm:

(a) Is our TSX the same as the "Type S" version of the Euro Accord?
(b) Is that called the "Euro R"?
(c) If yes to (a) and (b), is it *exactly* the same, or are there still differences still?

Thanks.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:57 PM
Advanced

Overtaxed, there are minor diffrences between the two . I beleive the acuras here have a slightly diffrent bumpers due to the 5 mph crash testing, they are not governed the same and the stereo is diffrent plus little things here and there .
Old 08-10-2007, 10:07 PM
2006 ASM tsx

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by infantry
I can get people the honda red badge for cheap if you would like . My brother in law works for Honda of Bamberg which is in Germany . All I need to know is who would like one and I can arrange for him to send me about 10 of them .

anyway you can get those dark chrome handles?? [the optional ones]

i'm pretty interested in those.. if you could please let me know or pm me!!
Old 08-10-2007, 10:17 PM
Advanced

I should talk to him Sunday when my Wife talks to the Family back in Germany . Ill see what I can do, I know that he said that they he had several Items that where not on there books that he could have . If not I can see what he can get them for . Remember he gets his parts at cost, but cost is in Euros and the exchange rate right now is like .72 cents to the dollar .
Old 08-10-2007, 11:06 PM
Let me help you!

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by infantry
Dang, where were you 7 years ago when I wanted germany's ECE headlights for my accord? I don't drive my accord much anymore though.

You should get a list of goodies that he can get, and start up a group buy ;-)