MY TSX Did not even get delivered.

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2004 | 07:38 PM
Cruisin'

Unhappy MY TSX Did not even get delivered.

Did not even get half way across the Country and was suppose to pick it up this coming Monday.

:angry: :angry: :angry:

My dealer faxed me what Acura Northeast Zone sent him sent him it states "Twenty six rail cars have derailed in North Dakota this week. There have been as many as 300 TSXs and RLs damaged. Your dealership has received credits for these vehicles dated 3/16/04. Presently, we do not have any inventory to replace damaged units. We are working with our National Office to replace them as soon as possible and we will let you know when that can be accomplished."

I researched and found the following:

March 11, 2004
WHITE EARTH, N.D. -- Crews worked all night to clear the railroad tracks near here after 31 cars on a freight train carrying automobiles derailed, Burlington Northern Santa Fe officials said. No one was hurt.

BNSF spokesman Gus Melonas said crews hoped to reopen the tracks late Wednesday night. Amtrak, which also uses the tracks, was busing its passengers around the area temporarily, he said.

The derailment happened about 3:15 p.m. Tuesday, Mountrail County Sheriff Ken Halvorson said. The cause was not immediately known and officials were still tallying the damage Wednesday.

The 71-car train was traveling from Portland, Ore., to Blue Island, Ill., Melonas said. The first and 31st of the derailed cars stayed upright while the others derailed at various angles, he said.

The site was about 75 miles west of Minot.

"The cars contained automobiles," Melonas said. "There was a small amount of gasoline spilled, but no environmental damage,"
he said.

Then the dealership called me back to state that it could be 60 to 90 days until the uinit is replaced.

I am quite pissed at Acura National right now. First it took over a week to tell the people that had cars destroyed. Then they can't replace them with inventory...and now it may take 2 months to replace.

What do you all think?
Old 03-19-2004 | 07:42 PM
Racer

Wow.

There aren't any cars in your color with auto or manual with or without navigation anywhere in your area?
Old 03-19-2004 | 07:49 PM
Cruisin'

No Most of those cars were headed to NE region from what dealer was saying.

The car was SSM/Quartz/5A/no Nav
Old 03-19-2004 | 07:51 PM

I think it's unfortunite the transportation company damaged Acura's cars. How is it Acura's fault? What do you suggest they do? They can't just pull cars out of the air.
Old 03-19-2004 | 07:54 PM
Cruisin'

No I agree it is BNSF Railroads fault however, Acura Corporate should be able to reallocate cars that were not purchased already that could be headed to other parts of the country to sit on a dealers lot.

Especially when it has already been pushing 45 days I have waited so far and now they want to tack on another 60 to 90....
Old 03-19-2004 | 08:00 PM

What combo are you searching for? Find it. Tell the dealer to go get it or you will find one that will. What area are you in?
Old 03-19-2004 | 08:06 PM
Cruisin'

Had a SSM/Quartz/5A/non Nav ordered. However, I already checked with other dealers in MA/NH/RI and none have any in stock and any coming in are already ordered.
Old 03-19-2004 | 08:13 PM

You are certainly in an area where you have lots of states to choose from. What about NJ, NY, PA, CT, etc...? You can search or wait. Good luck.
Old 03-19-2004 | 08:16 PM
Advanced

two days ago on Rt 80 in NJ there was a trailer carrying 5 tsx and other acuras.
Old 03-19-2004 | 08:22 PM
Cruisin'

NJ, NY, PA, are over 300+ miles away. I forgot to include CT dealers in that previous email as well.

Yeah I just needed to complain about the whole incident. I had a great interest rate locked in at 2.9% as well.

If I have to wait then I will negotiate with the dealer to install the under body spoilers and foggies.
Old 03-19-2004 | 08:25 PM
Team Owner

If its any consolation, later build date may mean fewer rattles.
Old 03-19-2004 | 08:28 PM
Cruisin'

I was hoping for that jlukja. I read those threads. It does seem to be the earlier ones. The one on the train probably has a lot of rattles now.....
Old 03-19-2004 | 08:29 PM

Originally posted by scm1121
NJ, NY, PA, are over 300+ miles away.
You make them go get the car. They put it on a trailer and you have the car the next day.
Old 03-19-2004 | 08:31 PM
Cruisin'

Yeah is another dealer is willing to swap. Which seems to be a big deal up here. That's why it got ordered in the first place.
Old 03-20-2004 | 01:10 AM
UK Spec

RL's?!

intresting ppl are still ordering those...

can't wait til next month and see wut the new legend looks like
herd it's 300hp + AWD (TOV)
Old 03-20-2004 | 01:35 AM
Banned

I feel your pain. I have a component that was supposed to come in today... I'm hoping for Monday.
Old 03-20-2004 | 03:16 AM
Pro

I wonder what is going to happen all those cars that were on the train. Maybe given salvage titles and sold?

Sorry about the wait. Understand that Acura can't pull cars out of its ass. It's going to be awhile...

Reminds me of that one time when a ship sunk in the English channel(?) full of jags.
Old 03-20-2004 | 03:38 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

I hope that my car is not one of those cars....

My dealer originally told me mid march, but this week he said end of the month. I hope he is finally telling me the truth this time and that my car was not involved in this.

scm1121, what was your VIN number. I would like to see if its anywhere close to my VIN. My number is 26,465? (Something close to that, i know its def. 26, 4XX)
Old 03-20-2004 | 11:59 AM
6MT Snob

I insisted on carbon gray even though they had a black 6M no navi in stock and they swapped it out from another dealer in a day.

If you can find one around chicago like you want i'll personally deliver it :P :P :P
Old 03-20-2004 | 06:33 PM
Cruisin'

yuhoo22, I do not have what the VIN was for the car being delivered never got it off the dealer. I would call your dealer and find out ASAP. My other dealer told me 60 to 90 days until they get one from the facotry. I decided to shop around again. Got a better deal than the first time.

Thanks for the offer gfxdave99 but :

I went today to a Dealer in NH and got a SSM/ebony/no nav with about 350 mi on the odometer. They gave a good deal on a trade and knocked some of the MSRP as well. I ordered the underbody spoilers with it this time too!!!! No foggies and no wing/rear deck spoiler. I think the ebony and silver looks sharp too even though I wanted quartz interior.

I pick it up Friday........
Old 03-20-2004 | 06:38 PM
Cruisin'

Jackspat2

I believe that the insurance for the transport company and Acura would go and salvage the cars and Titles.

After that They may get shipped to salvage yards for parts etc. or maybe South America to be sold I really don't know.
Old 03-20-2004 | 08:36 PM
Banned

I wonder who pays for the insurance... the shipper or Acura... or how that works.
Old 03-20-2004 | 08:55 PM
Cruisin'

I bet we pay some of the insurance in the destination charge tacked on.
Old 03-20-2004 | 10:32 PM
John Starks - The Dunk

scm1121 I am glad that you got a better deal on the car and that you found somewhere else to get it.

Fortunately I called my dealer today and he said that my car was still slated to arrive at the end of the month. The funny thing was, when I mentioned you and how you found out about the derailment he told me that you were wrong and that the train was full of MDXs. Which from the fax you got, is a crock of $hit. He told me that your car might have been one of maybe only 5 TSX on the entire train.

I swear if he doesn't have my car by the end of the month and I find out my car was on that train, I am going into that dealership on a Saturday afternoon and telling every customer in there what happened.

Rallye Acura in Roslyn NY better come through with what they are saying to me.
Old 03-20-2004 | 10:47 PM
A Saitama Garage

I know a lot of you have been waiting a LONG time to get your cars, etc. Radley Acura in Northern VA is selling the TSX's like hotcakes. In early March they got a shipment in of about 12 TSX's. I thought that each dealer was only supposed to get 4 or 5 each month, so I don't know how they did it? All I know is that when I went on the lot I wanted CG/Auto/Navi and they only had one with the Quartz interior, but I wanted black. They sent a truck down to a dealership in chesapeake and I picked up my car the very next day. They made it seem too easy almost. Just a tip. I was at the dealer yesterday and he still had about 4-5 on his lot, with another shipment due in soon....soooo...after reading all these posts, all I can say is... to Radley Acura. And I was even able to negotiate HARD...
Old 03-20-2004 | 11:48 PM
Team Owner

If I'm not mistaken the dealerships that sell a lot of TSXs will get allocated more future TSXs. The dealership simply makes up in volume what it gives up on the profit on each car. This way they are happy and you drive away happy. High volume dealerships are the way to go.
Old 03-21-2004 | 08:55 AM
Cruisin'

Yuhoo22
From what I gather there was a train derailment earlier this year or late last year in Ontario that had MDX's on it. MDX is made in Alliston, Ontario so why would a train coming from Oregon have MDX's on it????? I think you are being fed a line by your dealer who should know where MDX's are made before he makes such accusations.

Try searching this site for Train Derailment White Earth ND http://www.ble.org/pr/news/headline.asp?id=9720 for the news article
Old 03-21-2004 | 09:35 AM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally posted by NeoChaser
RL's?!

intresting ppl are still ordering those...

can't wait til next month and see wut the new legend looks like
herd it's 300hp + AWD (TOV)

Well it was 298 TSX's and 2 RL's :P

I concur about the new model when it comes out I am very interested to see how it is executed. Some spy photo's I saw a while ago looked very promising. One of my friends is planning on getting one as soon as they come out- he was tossed up with the 745iL but there are too many of them at his office, he wanted something different.

My condolonces go out to those who had purchased those 2 RL's, it really is a shame. As an aside I am going to have to check with my dealer to find out if my car was destroyed! I am in NY and the car was suppose to make it to the dealership in the next few weeks, that would really suck if it was destroyed, I could give them another 15 days or so but I will NEED a car by then and will have to look else where(as in NOT a TSX) if my car was wrecked- major bummer :'(
Old 03-21-2004 | 03:52 PM
John Starks - The Dunk

Tireguy,

Where did you find out how many TSXs and RLs were destoryed. Is there a site or somewhere else I can check.....based on VIN number. All the articles online I have found don't even mention Acura let alone TSXs and RLs
Old 03-21-2004 | 04:13 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Originally posted by yuhoo22
Tireguy,

Where did you find out how many TSXs and RLs were destoryed. Is there a site or somewhere else I can check.....based on VIN number. All the articles online I have found don't even mention Acura let alone TSXs and RLs
It was a joke, we were shocked anyone actually bought a current RL. I don't have any inside information on this topic.
Old 03-21-2004 | 05:09 PM
Banned

GOD HEARD MY PLEAS AND BROUGHT DOWN HIS WRATH UPON ACURA.
Old 03-21-2004 | 08:07 PM
Cruisin'

Yuhoo22---
In my quest to find a TSX and not wait for 90 days. I checked with 5 dealers in MA area. At Least 4 had lost between 3 and 5 TSX's on that derailment. Hence your dealer is full of $$it. I personally saw the inventory sheets at 3 of the dealers with the same delivery name next to the TSX's????? Found that very interesting don't you?
Old 03-22-2004 | 06:26 PM
Old timer

Re: MY TSX Did not even get delivered.

Originally posted by scm1121
I am quite pissed at Acura National right now.
Why? It's not like they crashed the train.

First it took over a week to tell the people that had cars destroyed.
It probably took at least couple days to get a damage estimate out in the middle of North Dakota. Then they had to alert the chain of command and eventually the dealers and then logically next the dealers would determine who the cars are reserved for and then would contact you. I think their getting it all sorted out in under a week is impressive, if anything.

Then they can't replace them with inventory...and now it may take 2 months to replace.
Uhm the cars were fresh inventory from Japan. How exactly could they immediately replace them? Aside from the factory being overseas, it's not like they are producing huge amounts in advance - as they produce a lot they ship them.

What do you all think?
I think you have unreasonable expectations and are not thinking things through logically. You're also saying later in this thread that you're upset with Acura not being able to replace the cars and that it's already on a ~45-day wait to get one - it's a popular car that has received a lot of acclaim and still is. You chose to buy a popular car and you were told (and accepted) the wait to get the one you want. You can't now suddenly go back and complain about the wait you agreed to. And in light of the events as I just explained above, you really can't complain (yet) about Acura's handling of the situation as it has unfolded thus far.
Old 03-22-2004 | 10:20 PM
Pro

Re: Re: MY TSX Did not even get delivered.

Originally posted by JRock
it's a popular car that has received a lot of acclaim and still is. You chose to buy a popular car and you were told (and accepted) the wait to get the one you want.
Lol. Yea. I agree. It's on Car and Driver's 10 best.
Old 03-22-2004 | 11:13 PM
Old timer

Re: Re: Re: MY TSX Did not even get delivered.

Originally posted by jackspat2
Lol. Yea. I agree. It's on Car and Driver's 10 best.
And that's only one among many reviews that have lauded it with much acclaim. And as was mentioned in another post it won top scores for crash tests from the insurance safety institute of american (or whatever it's called).

There are only two negative things I've heard about the TSX:

All the people here complaining about minor things like rattles.
and
It's relatively expensive to repair the bumpers in low-speed impacts because they're only 2.5mph bumpers instead of the more common 5mph bumpers. Of course if you want an example of 5mph bumpers see the previous generation TL and how ugly it is that the bumpers poke out so much further than the rest of the car, then look at the TSX and how much they are smoothly molded into the overall design of the car, like many European cars have been doing for some years now. It's more expensive if something bad happens but the rest of the time you're driving around in a more stylish car.
Old 03-23-2004 | 06:28 AM
John Starks - The Dunk

I would much rather have to deal with the 5mph bumper look than to have to deal with the high cost of fixing a fender bender.
Old 03-23-2004 | 08:31 AM
Banned

Re: Re: MY TSX Did not even get delivered.

Guys... there are plenty of them here in SoCal. Maybe you guys should make a weekend trip down here and have one shipped. You could be driving your TSX by next week!