My "friend" backed into me last night

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 07:43 PM
Kick Ass Duke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My "friend" backed into me last night

My "friend" in his lifted bronco backed into my PARKED car last night. Dented the SHIT out of the driver side rear door. The thing is...I wasn't THAT pissed about it last night. I mean, this guy is like my best friend (at least i thought). Instead of being a MAN about it, he's going to be a bitch and whine and TRY to blame it on me. And instead of talking to me face to face...he posts it on his gay FULLSIZE BRONCO treads, making it look as if i'm the one at fault and making me look like a cheap fucker. He's the link to all his bullshit...http://fullsizebronco.com/forum/show...4&page=1&pp=20 .
OK. i do admit that i dont offer to drive all that much. but the whole thing with driving to the lake....fuggen bullshyte...he forgot to mention the 60 dollar discount that i gave him at my work. i would that that that's enough to cover the gas and then some. but whatever...yall let me know if i'm really the asshole.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:49 PM
CGP Ebony

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I'd Rather be healthy alone, than sick together. Look like your "friend" has marked your tsx as a threat, and taken negative action consciously or subconsiously,

Surround yourself around positive people who are supportive and are true friends!
Old 07-26-2005, 08:00 PM
My Garage

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Ramblings
Old 07-26-2005, 08:03 PM
Luke 1:37

That is the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard. He tells everyone to not park behind him so that means that he can just hop in his big ass truck and back out without looking??? IMO, he's a dumass with the lamest excuse. Take his money and don't look back.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:16 PM
Banned

get back friendly with him then make him disappear

aw shit there is even a forum for bronco
OG

Received 163 Likes on 100 Posts
I dunno whats worse
that there is a bronco board
or that he hit you and won't pay up
Instructor

He drives a bronco for goodness sake ...

life was prob. pretty shitty already.

Maybe you should just split it with him.

personaly if I were young, I wouldn't claim unless the damage is catastrophic , say >3000

otherwise your insurance will go up forever.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:20 PM
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by virtualbong
That is the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard. He tells everyone to not park behind him so that means that he can just hop in his big ass truck and back out without looking???
I concur. But maybe you should chip in for gas and or drive every now and again, assuming the friendship continues.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Sounds like your both (insert not so harsh derogatory comment)...

You're friend should take responsibility for backing into you. its his fault and he should be a man about it...

You should drive around some...i hate friends who never drive and have to be forced into it from time to time...and when he does have a big ass suv, it is costing him alot more to drive around then it costs you. but lets just say that doesn't matter (its his fault for buying big ass suv), its just wrong to put off driving on other ppl.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:24 PM
Instructor

subject line of this thread sounds awful

the fullsizebronco site is pretty funny though.

is the guy actually boasting about macking your(honda guy's) sister ?

I'd steal the keys to his bronco and crush his trailer.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:32 PM
Pro

Are we now going to talk about who went with who to the prom last night? I suggest you both start a thread on Psychology Today and stop bothering the adults.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:51 PM
tsxy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ouch I could have warned you that posting topics like this members of this forum would tear your ass up. Ignore the negativity.

On a serious note, your friend should accept responsiblity, unless he has some sort of a handicap and cant look out of his mirrors he should not turn anybody but himself. As long as he pays for everything to be fixed just do it under the table rather than reporting it to insurance if that makes him happy. But if you have to shell out I wouldnt do it.

Good luck, that would be pretty shitty if that ruined your friendship.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:53 PM
tsxy

Originally Posted by matelot

aw shit there is even a forum for bronco
p.s.....

Old 07-26-2005, 08:56 PM
Driver/Detailer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
LOL, you actually said "no" when they were pooling in for gas money? I mean, it was his fault for hitting your car as he should have checked the distance before getting into his Bronco, but you seem to be the "tight" kind of person. If both of you were good friends, I'm sure he would get your car fixed up at his cost. Heck, he even posted that he didn't want to just pop the dent out because he knew that you wouldn't like it! Geez.... Don't try to get sympathy from us. You should sort it out with him. Get the money stuff fixed up, and then decide whether to stay friends. If I were him, I wouldn't.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:59 PM
Driver/Detailer

From what I have read so far, he seems to be getting ready to pay up for your repairs. But heck, even the other friend who drives the Civic is fed up of you? Double LOL. Oh BTW, is it true that you don't want to change your engine oil just to save $$$? And the driving across town to use your free movie ticket?
Old 07-26-2005, 09:09 PM
Kick Ass Duke

Originally Posted by aaronng
LOL, you actually said "no" when they were pooling in for gas money? I mean, it was his fault for hitting your car as he should have checked the distance before getting into his Bronco, but you seem to be the "tight" kind of person. If both of you were good friends, I'm sure he would get your car fixed up at his cost. Heck, he even posted that he didn't want to just pop the dent out because he knew that you wouldn't like it! Geez.... Don't try to get sympathy from us. You should sort it out with him. Get the money stuff fixed up, and then decide whether to stay friends. If I were him, I wouldn't.

I said "NO" to gas money because i gave him a $60 discount the day before...AND he offered to drive...don't offer if you expect money
Old 07-26-2005, 09:13 PM
Kick Ass Duke

From what I have read so far, he seems to be getting ready to pay up for your repairs. But heck, even the other friend who drives the Civic is fed up of you? Double LOL. Oh BTW, is it true that you don't want to change your engine oil just to save $$$? And the driving across town to use your free movie ticket?

He's a "Do-it-yourselfer" and he "Mods" out his truck...ex. Sparco seats,etc. (WHO DOES THAT). ANYWAY. I said I dont change the oil MYSELF...thats what the 5000 mile interval services are for.

And for those who think this is stupid...I'm just kind of pissed that he would post this shit on the internet. petty shit. and for the guy who drives the civic, he's dating his EX...so i dont know how good of a friend he is either.. AND I DO DRIVE. I just dont think i should have to drive when he's like..."Dude i gotta go to pep boys to buy stuff....dude i gotta go to lowes to get stuff to mod out my truck"
Old 07-26-2005, 09:16 PM
Driver/Detailer

Originally Posted by SweetA$$Ride
I said "NO" to gas money because i gave him a $60 discount the day before...AND he offered to drive...don't offer if you expect money
This just confirmed my suspicions. If you gave him the discount, then you gave him the discount. What does that have to do with gas money? You're so calculative. And it was not him that asked you for gas money, it was the civic friend who suggested it. If the civic friend didn't suggest, I don't think your bronco friend would have asked anyway. He didn't expect money from you. But he was shocked at your tightassedness with regards to gas money. BTW, I'm siding with youthat he pays for the damages, but I'm siding with him that you are a tightass. Even I wouldn't want to be your friend.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:18 PM
Instructor

sweetass

Just read the whole bronkothread for fun and have changed my mind. Bronkoboy is asshole. He needs to pay for what he runs over and damages with his freakmobile.

I doubt anyone put a gun to his head and forced him to hang out with you if he finds your frugality or cheapness intolerable.

He sounds like the kind of sh*t that, lives his life by knee-jerk excuses. He's trying to rationalize why nothing is his fault (doubt it ever is in his mind) because he felt he was short $20 in gas-money.

& The way he badmouths you in public, even if it were partly true, you don't need him around at all.

Get a reasonable estimate for the repairs and demand he pay for it. Then upgrade your friends.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:20 PM
Driver/Detailer

He's a "Do-it-yourselfer" and he "Mods" out his truck...ex. Sparco seats,etc. (WHO DOES THAT). ANYWAY. I said I dont change the oil MYSELF...thats what the 5000 mile interval services are for.

And for those who think this is stupid...I'm just kind of pissed that he would post this shit on the internet. petty shit. and for the guy who drives the civic, he's dating his EX...so i dont know how good of a friend he is either.. AND I DO DRIVE. I just dont think i should have to drive when he's like..."Dude i gotta go to pep boys to buy stuff....dude i gotta go to lowes to get stuff to mod out my truck"
If you were driving, just tell him that your trunk is too small for his mods stuff and you want to get home. Geez.. Anyway, he was posting for support because he was pissed off at himself. Read this:
How much do you think its gonna cost? I told all my friends to not park directly behind me but he did and I didnt see. I even told him we need to drive his car because I get horrible gas milage but he is a cheap ass and wont ever drive or give me gas money. So anyways his car is a brand new TSX and I smashed the entire back driver door with the tab of my big mike bumper. The window is still intact though. So anyone wanna take bets on how much it will be? I was just about to order a laptop for school today and saved up for a welder. My life sucks.
He knew that his reversing is bad, and told everyone prior so that he wouldn't bump into their cars, and his cheap ass comment was uncalled for. But every other sentence is about getting a price on repairs and getting support because he was saving up for his laptop and welder, but the money is going to your repairs. So from his #1 post, he had already decided to pay for your repairs. I don't see him posting to put the blame on you.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:25 PM
Kick Ass Duke

If you were driving, just tell him that your trunk is too small for his mods stuff and you want to get home. Geez.. Anyway, he was posting for support because he was pissed off at himself. Read this:

He knew that his reversing is bad, and told everyone prior so that he wouldn't bump into their cars, and his cheap ass comment was uncalled for. But every other sentence is about getting a price on repairs and getting support because he was saving up for his laptop and welder, but the money is going to your repairs. So from his #1 post, he had already decided to pay for your repairs. I don't see him posting to put the blame on you.

he is CLEARLY putting the blame on me by telling people "not to park behind him." the homeowner association nazis in their shit hole neighborhood only allows parking on one side of the street. and i used to park behind his neighbor's driveway until his sister was like "dont park behind the neighbor's driveway" and i assumed that his driving wasnt that horrible....i mean hitting a fuggen PARKED car is pretty shitty driving... and he's only paying for it because we were close and his mom told me to take it to the shop and she'll take care of it. I just didnt expect him to do the whole internet thing and i'm mainly pissed at that. if he were someone i didnt know...i probably would have broken his face for being that shitty of a driver.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:30 PM
Driver/Detailer

he is CLEARLY putting the blame on me by telling people "not to park behind him." the homeowner association nazis in their shit hole neighborhood only allows parking on one side of the street. and i used to park behind his neighbor's driveway until his sister was like "dont park behind the neighbor's driveway" and i assumed that his driving wasnt that horrible....i mean hitting a fuggen PARKED car is pretty shitty driving... and he's only paying for it because we were close and his mom told me to take it to the shop and she'll take care of it. I just didnt expect him to do the whole internet thing and i'm mainly pissed at that. if he were someone i didnt know...i probably would have broken his face for being that shitty of a driver.
He might be a shitty driver, and the Bronco has shit all visibility. Anyway, at least his mum is making sure he is covering the damage. So not talking about the damage now since it is covered and over, try not clenching your butt cheeks too tight, you might get better friends. And I hope you get a new door.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:47 PM
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I would make him pay for every penny of the damages. It doesn't really matter where you parked. If you were hit by him and you were parked there, he should pay PERIOD!

As for the gas money thing... i do hate it when friends NEVER drive. At least drive once in a while. He shouldn't be bitching about gas money though... if he decided to pay money for big tires and lift his bronco, that's his own fault since that burns gas like it was toilet paper.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:52 PM
Racer

I have a friend with a CL, expect a massive bill. He had a little fender-bender that scratched up his front end, and put a dent about like that one in the pass. door. $2500 at a body shop where he and the owner go waaaaaaay back. The dent wouldn't pop out, the metal would bow out or leave big lines whenever the guy tried.

He probably won't drive you anywhere because he's embarassed your Bronco will outrun that pussified excuse for a car. When my friend's CL was in the shop for tranny work, they gave him a TSX exactly like that one, same color and everything; you had to almost constantly red line it to keep-up with traffic, no lie!

Anyway, there probably will be a new door figured in. Hopefully this will turn out good
Old 07-26-2005, 09:53 PM
Racer

Fucking rednecks, fuck them I'm glad an "enemy to the confederacy" like OJ "mah main man" Simpson completely basterdized the Bronco spirit...what kind of morons are proud of their broncos...that's some lame sh1t.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:56 PM
Racer

I can just picture this friendship...Andy the laquais, Bill the redneck, and Kenneth the AzN ricer...lmfao good stuff
Old 07-26-2005, 10:02 PM
Kick Ass Duke

we were called the "Extreme Trio" its pretty funny
Old 07-26-2005, 10:05 PM
Kick Ass Duke

What do you guys think? The estimate is about 1200. And I'm gonna pay 300. Does that sound reasonable? And i'm only doing it cuz his mom has been really nice to me. But after this whole mess, we're through. Cant trust people who talks shit behind your back.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Racer

Come on man, he seems like a genuinely nice guy. It's also evidenet that you still enjoy the concept of the "trio," trifecta, trinity...whatever. He's still offering to pay for it...and you have to understand shelling out 900 dollars after saving it up is kind of hard...especially when it was part your fault for being greedy/dumb for parking it there. Don't be superfluously vengeful, take the "accident" for what it's worth...AN ACCIDENT.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Racer

Rednecks get admitted into Duke...crazy shit. People at Duke drive redneck mobiles? w0ws3rs
Old 07-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

I've had my share of bullshit with friends over accidents. I paid out over 3,000 for that shit. Your friend should suck it up and take his fucking responsibilities and pay up.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:37 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by vpat25
...It's also evidenet that you...
Is's also what? Yea, thought so
Old 07-26-2005, 10:43 PM
Racer

Joerockt (another of the 30 year old pansies) vpat25
...and :gheywave: me
Old 07-26-2005, 10:49 PM
Just dial 1911

Originally Posted by vpat25
Joerockt (another of the 30 year old pansies) vpat25
...and :gheywave: me
Just playing along with your little spelling and grammar fixation

vpat25, the teenage hypocrite/troll and soon to be banned if he keeps it up.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:50 PM
Rep'n Taxbrain.com

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 07-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

link not working...
Old 07-27-2005, 01:43 AM
Turbo + Sound = Hey-pee

It's not really his fault he parked there, his friend should take full responsibility for not checking. I learned the hard way like i said before. I was backing out my old car (1994 Toyota Land Cruiser) and my friend parked his 96 Maxima diagonally on my driveway, I ran into his back left fender and it made a fat dent. Who's fault? Mine. I paid over 1000 just for that.
Old 07-27-2005, 04:45 AM
No longer in denial

Originally Posted by Tsx536
pass it along Kenny... dang I've missed out on all the good drama!
Old 07-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Racer

aww this thread was fun...bumpedy bump
Old 07-27-2005, 04:29 PM
Guinea Pig

thread link doesn't work for me

Quick Reply: My "friend" backed into me last night