My complaint letter

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 12:38 PM
The Power of a Grill

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so now i am waiting for everything to be fixed. geico advised me to have everything fixed (new bumper, all errors fixed, detailed, etc.) and then after it is all done, then go to the shop manager's boss and discuss everything else (time, mileage, cost) as a seperate issue so that we can at least get the car back to its original condition. so it will take until tuesday to get it all done, I will contact the boss's boss on wednesday with geico.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:22 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by San-AnT
so now i am waiting for everything to be fixed. geico advised me to have everything fixed (new bumper, all errors fixed, detailed, etc.) and then after it is all done, then go to the shop manager's boss and discuss everything else (time, mileage, cost) as a seperate issue so that we can at least get the car back to its original condition. so it will take until tuesday to get it all done, I will contact the boss's boss on wednesday with geico.

Keep us posted.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:42 PM
Earth-bound misfit

Received 608 Likes on 312 Posts
Sounds like a good start. Good luck.
Old 07-28-2006, 08:25 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
Old 07-28-2006, 09:25 PM
rebmeM deretsigeR

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Glad to see your car getting fixed. Hope you get those bastards on the mileage. Too bad we won't be able to see the face of the guy that gets fired for this screw up.
Old 07-28-2006, 11:11 PM
The Power of a Grill

Originally Posted by randomthought
Glad to see your car getting fixed. Hope you get those bastards on the mileage. Too bad we won't be able to see the face of the guy that gets fired for this screw up.
oh, i know the face of one person - the 'service coordinator' on the car. she is getting fired for all the lies and not taking care of business the right way. unfortunately, they wont fess up as to who tried to pull out my stereo and who went for the joy ride.
Old 07-29-2006, 12:32 PM
Just dial 1911

Looks like Geico is taking care of things
Old 07-31-2006, 12:10 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
shit...this sucked big time...no wonder i didn't hear from you about the DC header install...
this is crazy....

i'll tell my friend not to go to that shop.....or maybe he should since they'll be scare now

maybe you should tell them to do some free installation to compensate that 1k joy ride
Old 07-31-2006, 07:21 PM
The Power of a Grill

Originally Posted by kyotousa
shit...this sucked big time...no wonder i didn't hear from you about the DC header install...
this is crazy....

i'll tell my friend not to go to that shop.....or maybe he should since they'll be scare now

maybe you should tell them to do some free installation to compensate that 1k joy ride
i dont think i would trust them to install my header. free or not.
Old 08-06-2006, 12:49 PM
TXSTATE BOBCATS

updates?
Old 08-06-2006, 02:47 PM
Burning Brakes

Yeah, anything? This is an interesting story and I think a lot of us would like to know how it turned out.
Old 08-06-2006, 07:54 PM
The Power of a Grill

still dont have it back. i was told it would be ready last wednesday, then thursday, then friday, now monday. geico rep. is going over there on monday to inspect progress and discuss this with the service manager.
Old 08-07-2006, 01:14 AM
OEM plus!

i was told it would be ready last wednesday, then thursday, then friday, now monday.
I don't know.....Sounds like dollar signs to me!!!!
Old 08-07-2006, 05:49 PM
The Power of a Grill

fuck fuck fuck fuck.
the service manager is not returning my calls, he is sending his flunkies to call me after he leaves for the day. I called at noon to speak with him. after holding forever, i was told that he was in a meeting and would call me back. at that point, i told the person that i would be there before 5:30 that day to speak with him personally. at 5, i got a call from someone telling me that my car would be ready by tomorrow at noon. the service manager had left for the day. I am told that the car is still at the detailing company. I have been told this since last wednesday. However, I was told today by an unknowing employee that my car was not taken to Ming until friday afternoon - not the wednesday afternoon that the service manager had told me. I now have the phone and fax number of the red mccombs general manager and will write a letter to be faxed in the morning. it will include the original complaint letter and my new, revised letter. I will post it later.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:11 PM
John Starks - The Dunk

man i hope they get what is coming to them for giving you the run around like this. You would think that after the original screw ups and you bringing up the issues, they would be more willing to get things done early.

Good luck and keep us poster.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:45 PM
Just dial 1911

fuck fuck fuck fuck.
the service manager is not returning my calls, he is sending his flunkies to call me after he leaves for the day. I called at noon to speak with him. after holding forever, i was told that he was in a meeting and would call me back. at that point, i told the person that i would be there before 5:30 that day to speak with him personally. at 5, i got a call from someone telling me that my car would be ready by tomorrow at noon. the service manager had left for the day. I am told that the car is still at the detailing company. I have been told this since last wednesday. However, I was told today by an unknowing employee that my car was not taken to Ming until friday afternoon - not the wednesday afternoon that the service manager had told me. I now have the phone and fax number of the red mccombs general manager and will write a letter to be faxed in the morning. it will include the original complaint letter and my new, revised letter. I will post it later.
Its being worked on by the SAME PEOPLE??
Old 08-07-2006, 07:19 PM
The Power of a Grill

the paint and detail was contracted out, but they installed all the replacement parts. geico felt that was the best way to get it done. however, i had my doubts but want to get the car done.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:26 PM
rebmeM deretsigeR

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Seems like it started to build into another problem. Better check everything when you do get the car back. They might do something to it just to get back at you. Kind of paranoid, but you never know. Can't believe they would do something like this to the same customer AGAIN.
Old 08-07-2006, 09:41 PM
TXSTATE BOBCATS

Dude, you are being way to nice. Also did you think about the fact that your car is in that situation because it got stolen from the dealership. It happens all the time. That would explain for 1000 miles on the car, and all the wear and tear the car went through. How is it possible for all that damage to come from the dealership, how is your car the exception from when everyone elses car comes out fine? There is something thats up here, im thinking it got stolen, or some other customer took off with it, or something, but they arent telling you the truth. I personally would get a lawyer involved, and even though it sounds upsurd, I would fight for a new car. There is no telling what kind of neglect and hidden abuse your car has been through. Plus all the crap you have already taken.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:08 AM
Burning Brakes

^^^
if it got stolen how did they get it back?

------------------
maybe you should tell geico to pay for a Ferrari for 1 week to compensate your loss
Old 08-08-2006, 06:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I wonder if this place gives everyone the same run around???
Old 08-08-2006, 12:20 PM
Undercover Slacker

Originally Posted by randomthought
Can't believe they would do something like this to the same customer AGAIN.
i agree, but i dont think they care of geico keeps brings back customers to them.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:21 PM
6MT or Death

I think it sounds like it's time to put some kind of locator beacon on your car that you can personally monitor from a laptop or PC. They usually market them to parents as a way to keep an eye on their kids. That way when they tell you where it is you can take a screen shot showing date and time, and make a note along with a recording of the conversation. It's not like you need any stronger of a position in this case, but all this talk has gotten me thinking about buying one.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:03 PM
The Power of a Grill

got it back today. it's like im cursed. actually, everything looks great. the new paint, the interior, all was done at Ming auto detail here in SA. they did a great job. However, as i started driving i noticed that one fog light seemed brighter than the other (through trunks of cars in front). i pulled over to find that my right fog light lens is cracked all the way across. there is a small piece of glass sitting in the housing. it does not appear to be from a rock, but from mishandling from when the front bumper was replaced. i will call them in the AM, have them order a new foglamp kit, and get it replaced.

as far as $$ compensation, i am talking with the geico rep on the most appropriate way to discuss this with the general manager.
Old 08-08-2006, 08:38 PM
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
good to hear you got it back..lets see some pics of the paint job and after photos of the spots that were messed up before
Old 08-08-2006, 11:00 PM
This space taken.

Just now reading this story - You should be commended for how nice you were. I surely would not have been.

As a rising 3L in law school, I'd say that you definately had a legal claim. At this point, most of your "damage" appears to have been remedied, however, you need to know that you have a right to recover at least something for the 1000+ miles they put on your car. Their use of the car to that extent was certainly not authorized, and while not really grand theft (no intent to deprive you permanently), it certainly was a trespass to chattels and potentially a conversion of your property. Legally speaking, since you got the car back, they still owe you for the value deprived - that's where the negotations would seem to come in.

They probably will want to say the value of 1000 miles as far as depreciation is x, but if I were you I would go down the IRS route or some other route creating a higher value since you have no idea WHAT they did to that car for those 1000 miles. Driving it like a granny for 1000 miles is nothing - but if they were driving it like idiots in a stolen car, 1000 miles is an eternity.

Good luck with it.
Old 08-08-2006, 11:15 PM
The Power of a Grill

update - turns out the repair shop did a no-no on the mileage, which is actually in thier favor. when i turned in the car initially, they did not bother to check they mileage. they just used the recorded mileage from the geico estimate 8 days earlier. I didnt bother to compare the mileage of the two different reports. so the exact mileage is unknown, but i could never in my wildest week have driven 1000 miles. I did make a short trip the weekend before and this would account for at most 500-550 miles (240 each way, with a little driving in-between). I live about 8 miles from work and drove to work for 3 days (the other 2 i stayed at my g/f's, which is less than 1 mile from work). so that's another possible 50 miles. so if i had driven a total of 600 miles, then there is still about 400 miles unaccounted for. This is what I believe I will argue for - 400 miles. Much more reasonable for both parties i believe.
Old 08-09-2006, 08:33 PM
Out n about

I got interested in this thread because I just dropped my car off for repairs (Car accident - Geico). I doubt this would happen to me because what's happened to you is just too outrageous - we all feel for you. You really are a nice guy - 400 miles is still too much - did you discover this your self or did they point this out???

Hope to hear some good news from you soon, because you sure deserve all of it.
Old 08-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Someone stole "My Garage"

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Sojournin
I got interested in this thread because I just dropped my car off for repairs (Car accident - Geico). I doubt this would happen to me because what's happened to you is just too outrageous - we all feel for you. You really are a nice guy - 400 miles is still too much - did you discover this your self or did they point this out???

Hope to hear some good news from you soon, because you sure deserve all of it.
Do you really think a completely shady and irresponsible shop like this would have said "oh and by the way, we drove your car 400 unauthorized miles". My guess is that San-An-T discovered it and will need to fight, yet again, with Red McCombs, to get compensated for this.

Good luck in your repairs Sojournin!
Old 08-10-2006, 04:10 PM
fhwagads

Its their fault for not writing down the proper milage if this is really the case which I doubt. I would say, as far as you know, its still 1000 miles and stick to it. Any unauthorized milage is wrong in my opinion.
Old 08-10-2006, 06:15 PM
07 Tundra

I would be PO if the valet guy drove 10mi. Hit them up Mike!
Old 08-16-2006, 09:58 AM
TXSTATE BOBCATS

update
Old 08-16-2006, 11:51 AM
The Power of a Grill

Meeting is friday morning
Old 08-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Wheter it's a 1000 or 600 miles, seriously, they should not had taken out the car. Judging from the pictures you posted, they seem to had done some damage to it. Imagine if they were to make a mess out of your car, I wouldn't even want to think about how they drove it during those few hundred miles. I wouldn't be suprise if you experience some type of mechanical problems down the line. If I were you, I would head down to the Acura dealership and ask them to pull the ECU reading to see if the car was ever redline.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:03 PM
C'mon, man! Row yer own.

I've been interested in this thread, too, for the sheer spectacle of a body shop having the gall to return your car to you in worse condition than when you dropped it off. And to have joyriden in it, for however many miles, is so far out of bounds I don't believe that a simple mileage calculation is fair by any means.

There should be some punitive nature to the settlement, not simply paying you for the miles they used. They had no right to put anything other than a few miles on to check their work. B.S.!
Old 08-18-2006, 04:31 PM
The Power of a Grill

ok, geico took pictures and we found some MORE problems with the car. I took it to Alamo Heights collision for the repairs. they include replacement of the front right mirror assembly (it was painted on and the rubber liners were torn), replacement of the left roof liner (they used superglue to hold the liner in place instead of the right clips) and all clips, replacement of right roof liner clips (they were not installed correctly), repainting of the right front door (bad paint job) and the rear left door (clear coat peeling), repainting of right pillar, total rebuff and polish, including getting rid of all the swirling all over the car, taking overspray off of the right side skirt, and the right rear light. Red McCombs has agreed to pay for everything. I still need to finish my letter to the general manager about the mileage and time/money wasted. however, i have faith in this new shop. they were very respectful and stated that they would have everything done right.

more to come...
Old 08-18-2006, 04:45 PM
What Would Don Draper Do?

ok, geico took pictures and we found some MORE problems with the car. I took it to Alamo Heights collision for the repairs. they include replacement of the front right mirror assembly (it was painted on and the rubber liners were torn), replacement of the left roof liner (they used superglue to hold the liner in place instead of the right clips) and all clips, replacement of right roof liner clips (they were not installed correctly), repainting of the right front door (bad paint job) and the rear left door (clear coat peeling), repainting of right pillar, total rebuff and polish, including getting rid of all the swirling all over the car, taking overspray off of the right side skirt, and the right rear light. Red McCombs has agreed to pay for everything. I still need to finish my letter to the general manager about the mileage and time/money wasted. however, i have faith in this new shop. they were very respectful and stated that they would have everything done right.

more to come...
dude, i can't imagine how you must be feeling right now. but i have to give you props for seeming so composed and patient.

i'm sure we all hope for the best for you and your car. good luck, man!
Old 08-18-2006, 05:54 PM
Doesn't Rice His Car

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

more to come...

Oh man I feel for you. You have been through hell and back. Since you've already gone this far don't settle for 2nd rate work by any means. I wish you the best.

EDIT ^^ oh yea and what the poster above me said too
Old 08-18-2006, 08:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
I hope this finally works out for you. What a horrible experience!
Old 09-17-2006, 12:26 PM
TXSTATE BOBCATS

update?

Quick Reply: My complaint letter