My 06 is in port!

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 06:30 PM
TSX4EVR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Colin
And here she is, all prettied up! Thanks everybody for the kind words! Obviously, it's been busy for me with all our new arrivals, I just finished an RSX-S delivery!

Now Colin, you would really impress me if you can get my TSX moving. It has been sitting 12 hours away from me for the last 8 days.

I had promised myself at the start of this process to not to get too hung up on the delivery date. I got suckered in when they told me it would arrive November 25th. Then they said this week. Then they said next week. Now there saying they hope it gets here before Christmas.

Note to self: "Keep promises that you make to yourself."

Excited
Old 12-09-2005, 07:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
Originally Posted by excited
Now Colin, you would really impress me if you can get my TSX moving. It has been sitting 12 hours away from me for the last 8 days.

Note to self: "Keep promises that you make to yourself."

Excited
Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas! I don't feel so bad now! Our cars arrived on the island last Wednesday, and they didn't arrive till Wednesday! They were only 3-4 miles away! Logically since yours are 12 miles away, it should take twice as long....

Hawaiian, I'm not mad. Seriously you can't work in this business without having thicker skin than that. I am bemused that you continue to complain about a purchase that is all said and done. If you really feel that way, you shouldn't have bought the car. I've bought a lot of things in my life, but I don't ever recall anyone 'holding a gun' to my head. (holding a gun is in quotes so you don't accuse me of putting words in your mouth). Also, I said we were tops in the country on Integra sedans, not integras overall, please don't put words in my mouth, it's like you're twisting my words around....

Lets agree that this is something you cannot change, I cannot change, and Pflueger cannot change and leave it at that.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:28 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by hawaiiantsx
and if you want to compare, then why is it that there is a mercedes, and lexus dealer on the outer island and no acura ones?
We broke ground on Pflueger Acura Maui last month.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:45 PM
JDM whore in training

We broke ground on Pflueger Acura Maui last month.
About time Maui got some of the action!,...hMMm...another Pfluegar dealership? great... what else does Pfluegar own now aside from Honda, Acura, Cadillac, GMC, Buick, & Hummer..oh yea..3 used-car dealerships also...... a monopoly in the making?.. LOL IM KIDDING! Dont get all wild Colin.
Old 12-09-2005, 07:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by JKV808TSX
About time Maui got some of the action!,...hMMm...another Pfluegar dealership? great... what else does Pfluegar own now aside from Honda, Acura, Cadillac, GMC, Buick, & Hummer..oh yea..3 used-car dealerships also...... a monopoly in the making?.. LOL IM KIDDING! Dont get all wild Colin.
Subaru, pretty soon we'll have them all! I think we have three maybe four! Muuuuwaaahaaaa
Old 12-09-2005, 08:34 PM
Pro

Ho Ho Ho! Merry Christmas! I don't feel so bad now! Our cars arrived on the island last Wednesday, and they didn't arrive till Wednesday! They were only 3-4 miles away! Logically since yours are 12 miles away, it should take twice as long....

Hawaiian, I'm not mad. Seriously you can't work in this business without having thicker skin than that. I am bemused that you continue to complain about a purchase that is all said and done. If you really feel that way, you shouldn't have bought the car. I've bought a lot of things in my life, but I don't ever recall anyone 'holding a gun' to my head. (holding a gun is in quotes so you don't accuse me of putting words in your mouth). Also, I said we were tops in the country on Integra sedans, not integras overall, please don't put words in my mouth, it's like you're twisting my words around....

Lets agree that this is something you cannot change, I cannot change, and Pflueger cannot change and leave it at that.
funny....i dont remember me still complaining....all i said was that there was another dealer in hawaii...its just sick lookin at what everyone else pays...and we get stuck paying a thousand or so over msrp...thats right people....i said MSRP....but i'm not complaining....and i love my car....
Old 12-09-2005, 08:46 PM
Suzuka Master

Well, maybe I'm misinterpeting

"....it sucks having only 1 dealer in hawaii because we basically have to pay what they want"

as a complaint.

Anyway, EVERYTHING costs more money here, gas, housing, cars and even the rent we pay for our lot. This will all get passed on, just as it does for everything in Hawaii. Again we (you and I) can't do too much about the cost of living in Hawaii. On the bright side, look at all those guys snowed in on the mainland! And look at what we have here!

Old 12-09-2005, 08:54 PM
Pro

"....it sucks having only 1 dealer in hawaii because we basically have to pay what they want"

as a complaint.

Anyway, EVERYTHING costs more money here, gas, housing, cars and even the rent we pay for our lot. This will all get passed on, just as it does for everything in Hawaii. Again we (you and I) can't do too much about the cost of living in Hawaii. On the bright side, look at all those guys snowed in on the mainland! And look at what we have here!

its not a complaint....its a fact....i dont see anyone else in the mainland paying msrp for theirs...anyways..yes it does cost more to live here...about as much as san francisco..anyways....
Old 12-09-2005, 09:14 PM
Suzuka Master

Well what can I say? I sold the last few 2005s for my clients below MSRP? There aren't too many places that have a higher cost of living than Hawaii....

We're 4th highest in the Nation!
Old 12-10-2005, 12:34 AM
TSX4EVR

Do you really think that living in a place where it is always beautiful and looks like this is worth paying the extra dollars?

Excited

(The only thing better would be if my TSX was in the foreground)
Old 12-10-2005, 02:25 AM
Pro

So I finally found out where my TSX is. It's at my local acura dealer. See I had issues with the way I was being treated by him especially when I felt he was trying to shaft me and look out for his bottom line so I went to a dealer 2hrs from where I live. Made the deal with this other one and the car was supposed to be in at the end of Nov. Then it was supposed to be in last monday (not this past one but the one before) then it was supposed to be in on wednesday, nada. Funny though, the 6spd MT NHB that I'd requested shows up at the local dealer here instead. Now what're the chances that both dealers ordered the same car at the same time?

My dealer is still waiting for mine to come in and I'm sure he knows the local guy swiped it from under him but he won't tell me this for fear of losing the deal. Sad thing is I'm not gonna go to the the local dealer to buy the NHB even though I could touch it tonite. I however will only be giving the other dealer till monday, at the latest tues. to have a ride in or I'll get my deposit back and go elsewhere.

It's kinda sad though that the local dealer is like that. Can't wait for Acura to call me back. I'll really give them a piece of my mind plus I'll have to send a letter in also.
Old 12-10-2005, 02:32 AM
Pro

No more complaining about what you pay you yanks! In Canada we still pay a lot more for it even though we could easily import the car ourselves and save a bundle! now shhh...
Old 12-10-2005, 02:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by excited
Do you really think that living in a place where it is always beautiful and looks like this is worth paying the extra dollars?

Excited

(The only thing better would be if my TSX was in the foreground)
It is to me!
Old 12-10-2005, 10:31 AM
Just dial 1911

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hawaiiantsx
its not a complaint....its a fact....i dont see anyone else in the mainland paying msrp for theirs...anyways..yes it does cost more to live here...about as much as san francisco..anyways....
Ok, so your complaining about a fact, better

Que the 5-0 music...
Old 12-10-2005, 01:28 PM
TSX4EVR

It is to me!

I'm just trying to fiqure out a way to trade some of our oil rich uninhabited areas for the Hawaiian Islands. It is paradise.

Excited
Old 12-11-2005, 02:30 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by joerockt
Ok, so your complaining about a fact, better

Que the 5-0 music...
i said it was NOT a complaint.....
Old 12-12-2005, 12:17 AM
Just dial 1911

as a complaint.

com·plaint ( P ) Pronunciation Key (km-plnt)
n.

1. An expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:12 AM
Still Lovin my 06

it is possible

Originally Posted by joerockt
com·plaint ( P ) Pronunciation Key (km-plnt)
n.

1. An expression of pain, dissatisfaction, or resentment.

it is possible that he doesnt mind paying the price, but would prefer to have competition and pay less. in which case, he is just stating a fact, that it sucks they're stuck with only one dealer, and not complaining about it really. fine line though. lol.

but colin seems great to work!
Old 12-12-2005, 12:20 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by bradykp
it is possible that he doesnt mind paying the price, but would prefer to have competition and pay less. in which case, he is just stating a fact, that it sucks they're stuck with only one dealer, and not complaining about it really. fine line though. lol.

but colin seems great to work!
thank you....at least someone understands...lol....its NOT a complaint....just facts
Old 12-12-2005, 11:14 PM
Instructor

My Royal Blue '06 AT is supposed to be en route, on the boat I think, and I have the VIN printed on my buy order. I just got a call today that it would arrive around the 21st. They originally said the 15th, but I can handle another week to get what I want. I sealed the deal on the 3rd with Acura of Orange Park. The other dealer, Duval Acura, didn't have any TSX's in stock at all, while OP had two 05's.

I'll post more details when I get them. I sold my '01 Altima to my mother and she's giving her '94 Integra to my brother, so we're playing musical cars. I think I got a reasonably good deal. I work with a guy who used to be a salesman at the same dealership, but he wasn't in town when I on sort of a spur of the moment decided it was time to look (actually, I decided to apply for a loan from my credit union and was approved at a decent APR, much to my pleasant surprise).

In any event, I don't know if it's unusual to have gotten the VIN in advance like I did or not, but I'm not complaining....
Old 12-12-2005, 11:23 PM
Suzuka Master

Those are facts, not complaints! Anyway, once the car starts its move from the factory, most dealers have the VINs to track the cars. I's day it's normal to have it early if you're in FL.
Old 12-13-2005, 09:43 PM
Pro

[QUOTE=Colin]Those are facts, not complaints! [QUOTE]
whatever
Old 12-13-2005, 09:45 PM
Pro

Those are facts, not complaints! .
whatever
Old 12-15-2005, 02:37 PM
Still Lovin my 06

OK:

My car is at it's dealer. I got the VIN. my dealer will send a driver tomorrow (weather permitting) or Monday to pick up the car. so the deal still is not officially final, but i think i'm ok:

5AT RBP w/Navi
$27,500
Doc Fee: $189

Still undecided on the underbody kit and i want to see what his final price on it is.

so i can finally officially recommend my dealer. If you do decide to go, please contact me for all of the specifics, but it is Springfield Acura in NJ. supposedly someone has already contacted them. Granted, my deal was unique, and i don't think anyone else will get that low of a price, but you might be able to get 28k pre tax price.