motor trend tsx 0-60 in 8.6

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2003, 10:11 AM
Kickstand

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by domn

Say what you want about the Auto, but the 6 MT is hardly what I would call fast anyway.
Faster than you car old man!!! HAHAHAHAH!! Just kiddin domn...btw...your dog is really freaking me out
Old 12-16-2003, 10:12 AM
More On

Originally posted by domn
Larch I edited my post, read it again.....And no I don't agree with you. Sure the AT is quicker than those numbers but by how much?....
I did see your edit, and in fact I added that last part of my post (which you quoted) after you edited yours.

I know you don't agree with me -- I was j/k. But whether you know it or not, you do imply something very close to the "motivation" factor that I talked about -- there's absolutely no way around that, Dom. So, on second thought, I have to say, yes you DO agree with me, at least about this (which is what I was saying) but what I mean is, I know you don't THINK you agree with me.

I know you don't agree about the possible 0-60 times for the AT. Like they say, it's all good.

Maybe I will take it to the track some day. (Hmmm, do they have tracks in Westchester, anybody?)
Old 12-16-2003, 10:20 AM
The Voice of Reason

Originally posted by Jab31169
Auto's are for women and feeble old men :P
Mostly it's us feeble old men who still know how to shift. The other geezers that I know are the ones who drive manual trannies. Based on the high proportion of geezers I saw at Skip Barber. The Gen-X-Y-Z ers don't seem interested if they can't move something around with a mouse or trackball.
Old 12-16-2003, 10:36 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally posted by Jab31169
Faster than you car old man!!! HAHAHAHAH!! Just kiddin domn...btw...your dog is really freaking me out
Whats freaking you out the white eyes? That was the flash that caused that, his eyes are really dark brown. But he really is a vicious little SOB though, all 16 pounds. He guards my TSX when I bring it to the mall

Yes Larch I guess I do agree that motivation will definently result in some better times but motivation can only take you so far, especially with an AT. Now stop spreading propaganda
Old 12-16-2003, 10:51 AM
More On

Ooooh, that word again!
Old 12-16-2003, 10:57 AM
Advanced

man i don't understand why y'all is fighting about this point.. IMO this car is geared way more towards the luxury part of it's 'luxury-sport sedan' monicker. i personally could give 2 shits about how quick it can go from 0-60 or whether the mt is a couple of seconds faster and why or why not it is. if you wanted a race-car, that could go 0-60 in 2.4 seconds trade in your tsx and go out and buy yourself one.

p.s. this is just my opinion and in no way meant to infringe upon anyone elses.. so if you are going to flame me for my post lets at least try and keep it civil please. thanks
Old 12-16-2003, 11:08 AM
dom
Senior Moderator

Received 801 Likes on 662 Posts
Originally posted by dirk
man i don't understand why y'all is fighting about this point.. IMO this car is geared way more towards the luxury part of it's 'luxury-sport sedan' monicker. i personally could give 2 shits about how quick it can go from 0-60 or whether the mt is a couple of seconds faster and why or why not it is. if you wanted a race-car, that could go 0-60 in 2.4 seconds trade in your tsx and go out and buy yourself one.

p.s. this is just my opinion and in no way meant to infringe upon anyone elses.. so if you are going to flame me for my post lets at least try and keep it civil please. thanks
I agree and and understand that the TSX especially in AT is slow. But I still bought one because its about so much more than going in a straight line.

But we're not fighting about how quick it is or is'nt. we're arguing about times and which ones should be the standard for TSX acceleration. Like it or not, all cars including the TSX are judged by how fast they can go to 60 and through the 1/4 mile. We're just trying to establish what numbers should be used in this community. Besides what else are we supposed to talk about

Unfortunately these arguments start because many people (not you Larch) can't seem to grapse the fact that all these mag tests don't mean much as they were not performed under the same conditions. IMO the only time a TSX can be compared to a IS300 or M6 or whatever, is when they are tested on the same track, in the same temperature, on the same surface by the same driver. Until then, numbers mean nothing.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:18 AM
More On

Originally posted by dirk
.....if you are going to flame me for my post lets at least try and keep it civil please. thanks
Don't know why you're afraid that's going to happen.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:36 AM
Instructor

someone earlier posted a reply concerning break-in. i bet these numbers will drop substantially after the car has 15-25K miles on it. the real proof will be track slips. cause every car has variability, just cause one engine is rated at 200 crank hp, some of the productions will produce 195, some 205 hp etc. i'm planning on hitting the track once springtime rolls around.

btw, anyone have any experience with those dash mount accelerometers? thinking of getting one so i can keep track of my mods and their effects on performance.
Old 12-16-2003, 11:41 AM
Not an Ashtray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I personally don't think the TSX is a "slow" car. I think it reasonably quick once it gets rolling. I'm intrigued by some of the acceleration times though because they might provide some interesting information about the various engine and traction issues. I still think this car is having a lot of problems getting torque to the ground (which is a big problem in a small displacement engine - becaue torque is naturally limited).

Another issue of interest in this thread is the inaccuracies in the media. I think enough sources have published 0-60 8 second times (for the MT) for me to find those numbers believable. But, when Motor Trend reports different times in the web edition and the print edition, you know something is wrong.