Mod's on your TSX

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2004, 05:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mod's on your TSX

First i would just like to say that i just bought a 2004 TSX Milano RED for 3,000$ off the MSRP Total came too exactly 27,854 i added the OEM fog lights and the spoiler plus they gave me a Loaner TSX for 2 weeks till mine arrive so now i can drive the loaner RUFF and see what the tsx can really do.............. Okay so you people that put all these mod's on your new TSX usally total to a cost around 3-5 grand of not more ,,, Rims,Wheels,Body Kits, engine upgrades now why dont you take that money and buy a TL or a IS300? just dont understand, yeah you like the Style of the TSX but why spend extra $ money on a a tsx when you can upgrade your car for the same money u spent on MOD'S,,,,,,,,,,,
O yeah and if you do get a TSX the MOD you should get is the OEM Fog Lights and the Spoiler and maybe some new rims, thats it,,,,,,, other wise dont be a FOOL might as well buy a TL,

Old 03-31-2004, 05:42 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
For some reason I don't believe you.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:46 PM
Banned

really i got 3,000 off the MSRP, after i went too 6 dealerships in So California, the 7th one made me the deal, they must have been desperate, it the whole negotiation process took 5min, so all u gotta do is keep going dealership to dealership throwing your price out,, oh yeah i paid the whole car off in CASH that might have helped
Old 03-31-2004, 05:51 PM
dɐɹɔ ǝɥʇ ʇɐɥʍ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by TSEAN
oh yeah i paid the whole car off in CASH that might have helped
Unlikely, they(the dealership) gets a "kickback" from the financing company so you will typically get a better deal by financing. I am doubtful as well, but what ever floats your boat.
Old 03-31-2004, 05:51 PM
Photography Nerd

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Now I really don't believe you.

Post pics when you get the car.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
$3000 off MSRP is hard to digest. Out the door for $27,857 in Southern California? With the sales tax rate at 8.5%? Again, I'm very skeptical. A loaner for 2 weeks while you wait for you new car? Gimme a break, no dealer would agree to that. Which dealer did you buy from?
Old 03-31-2004, 06:14 PM
Evil Empire Peon

One possibility - it could be a demo car. In that case, $3,000 off MSRP could easily happen.

What's the production number of the car?

Side note: I paid cash - didn't do squat in terms of negotiating power.

Edit: Yet another possibility - troll.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally posted by Revenent
One possibility - it could be a demo car. In that case, $3,000 off MSRP could easily happen.

What's the production number of the car?

Side note: I paid cash - didn't do squat in terms of negotiating power.

Edit: Yet another possibility - troll.
Gotta be a

or, waiting two weeks for a dealer-dealer demo trade? Something is fishy here.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:46 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Before anyone starts calling anyone else a troll, let's get some more specifics about the deal.

1. What dealer?
2. Who was the salesperson?
3. Pics of the window sticker?
4. VIN
5. How many miles were on the car?

Until we get these details, I'm reserving judgement.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:53 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
Re: Mod's on your TSX

Originally posted by TSEAN
Okay so you people that put all these mod's on your new TSX usally total to a cost around 3-5 grand of not more ,,, Rims,Wheels,Body Kits, engine upgrades now why dont you take that money and buy a TL or a IS300? just dont understand, yeah you like the Style of the TSX but why spend extra $ money on a a tsx when you can upgrade your car for the same money u spent on MOD'S,,,,,,,,,,,
O yeah and if you do get a TSX the MOD you should get is the OEM Fog Lights and the Spoiler and maybe some new rims, thats it,,,,,,, other wise dont be a FOOL might as well buy a TL,
Anybody finds what this guy said in the last paragraph does NOT cohere to what he said earlier? I also find his last sentence very amusing. He was basically talking about himself!!!

:noob:
Old 03-31-2004, 08:10 PM
Troutslap Mod-DUH-rator

Re: Re: Mod's on your TSX

Originally posted by vwong
Anybody finds what this guy said in the last paragraph does NOT cohere to what he said earlier? I also find his last sentence very amusing. He was basically talking about himself!!!

:noob:
you took the words right out of my mouth.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:32 PM
cmf
ATCer

Actually, many dealerships will do wonders for you in regards to car purchasing. I was looking to get an S2000. Dealers here charge way over MSRP, same for NM, AZ, CO. I checked numerous dealers within these states. I then called some dealers in CA, got a deal AT invoice for the car. Granted I didn't go buy it, but he said the offer is there when I am ready to make the deal.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:41 PM
Spooooooon !

Yeah but $3000 under MSRP is less than invoice if Im not mistaken. Prove it

Old 03-31-2004, 09:51 PM
Bye TSX, hello domestic?

Rims,Wheels,Body Kits
Hmm... trollness aside, these are options you can put on ANY car. People put these things on S2000s, 350Zs, etc. At least complain about engine mods, brake upgrades, suspension upgrades.
Old 04-01-2004, 12:03 AM
Subie Tech

Mods List:
-Neon lights under the car
-Neon lights inside the car
-Washer fluid nozzle lights (I know TSX doesn't come with it. But I did a little modifications )
-Dual square DTM tail pipes
-S*it loads of stickers such as: Powered by Toyota, TRD power, Vanos Power <--that alone added 50 whp!! and of course BRIGHT RED FLAMES on the hood and side of my car!!!

j/k...relax guys!!
I don't understand. We have all these people coming into this forum telling us "the TSX is slow, it's a POS, get a bimmer or TL or IS300 instead." Seriously please just stop that. We DO NOT need another one of those 30 billions pages long like posts on clubrsx.com about how the SRT-4 is better than the RSX. We're all here to discuss about TSX. Remember?? WWW.ACURA-TSX.COM ?? Not for BMW or Lexus or any other makes. It's ACURA TSX site. And no one cares if one make of a car is faster than the TSX..... OKAY. You can blow the doors off my TSX. Does it make you have a bigger cock? NO. Idiots coming here saying that "Oh, with that price, I'll rather get a TL or a 325i" Okay. Wow. Thanks for your opinion. SO?? GET ONE THEN!!! Stop the whinning in a TSX site...Holy Sh*t man!!! And you're all supposed to be family man or somewhat mature? Even I (22) won't make such childish comments on other car fourms. Some of your here are just as bad as the guys at S2K.com and clubRSX.com. Jesus!!!

P.S. Since when was the TSX made to go fast anyways??? I though I was supposed to be a luxuary car?!?!?
Old 04-01-2004, 12:06 AM
Ayumi Hamasaki

Isn't that the fun part? Working on the car and adding all kinds of mods to make it faster. That's one thing I couldn't do with an 88' toyota corolla lol. Buying the rims, intake, exhaust, the soon to be chip, the tint, and the head rest with LCD screens and DVD player. All that is fun and I really don't mind spending the money.

just my 2 cents

Wess
Old 04-01-2004, 12:23 AM
Ayumi Hamasaki

Originally posted by JeffTSX

j/k...relax guys!!
I don't understand. We have all these people coming into this forum telling us "the TSX is slow, it's a POS, get a bimmer or TL or IS300 instead." Seriously please just stop that. We DO NOT need another one of those 30 billions pages long like posts on clubrsx.com about how the SRT-4 is better than the RSX. We're all here to discuss about TSX. Remember?? WWW.ACURA-TSX.COM ?? Not for BMW or Lexus or any other makes. It's ACURA TSX site. And no one cares if one make of a car is faster than the TSX..... OKAY. You can blow the doors off my TSX. Does it make you have a bigger cock? NO. Idiots coming here saying that "Oh, with that price, I'll rather get a TL or a 325i" Okay. Wow. Thanks for your opinion. SO?? GET ONE THEN!!! Stop the whinning in a TSX site...Holy Sh*t man!!
Ok I can agree with you on some of that, but I'm a car enthusiast. When i see an Audi A4 that has been modded, a Honda Civic, BMW M3, Mercedez S500/E500, Lexus G400, Lexus IS 300, Mazda RX-8, Mazda 6, Mitsubishi EVO, BMW 7 series or 5 series, Audi TT. Those are all sweet cars with lots of performance. I love Luxury cars with peformance and I respect them all. For someone to come in here and hate on another luxury/ performance vehicle is lame. There all quality brands and I think everyone should come to respect them. Lets not be Oh yeah, Acura TSX is the best entry level luxury vehicle on the market!!! yeah I own one, but I don't think that I'm at the top of the world with it. That post "I drove the new S4" that was a disgrace to the forums and I hope I never see such an immature fight about two very nice cars TSX and BMW 325i/xi. If one doesn't like the TSX and wanted to buy the BMW 325i/xi then so be it. LoL no one has to buy a TSX, it's up to them on what they like, that's all that matters.

And you're all supposed to be family man or somewhat mature? Even I (22) won't make such childish comments on other car fourms. Some of your here are just as bad as the guys at S2K.com and clubRSX.com. Jesus!!!
Age really has nothing to do with it, I'm 19 and I don't act anywhere near it lol, I feel like I'm 27-30. There's a few people out there that are just plain immature and have these huge ass egos and they have to have it there way.

l8ers
Westley
Old 04-01-2004, 12:35 AM
Subie Tech

Wess..Thank you for understanding!!! DAMN!!!..you're good!!!
Now come on. Let's all learn from Wess please!!

btw. Don't get me wrong. But I love working on my own cars as well I guess being a "almost mechanic" isn't bad after all!!!