Minnesota Dealers

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2004, 12:28 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Minnesota Dealers

Hi All-

I'm looking to replace my 1993 Grand Prix (186k miles) soon and have been really interested in getting an Acura. I was originally considering a RSX-S, but I am really leaning towards a TSX now because I am 25 and it may be time to "grow up". I won't really know until I test drive them both.

Anyhow, I just wanted to know if anyone could share any experiences with Acura dealers in the Twin Cities area? Any comments would be appreciated!

Thanks,
TZ
Old 10-13-2004, 03:43 PM
Advanced

Buerkle Acura in Brooklyn Park is the best IMO. I bought mine there in May. The nice thing about it is that they only deal with acura's unlike other dealers here in MN that have other companies combined. Stay away from Bloomington Acura/subaru. I went to other dealers but because I looked young they did not take me seriously. My last stop was Buerkle and they asked me have I driven the Tsx yet. I said no and right away the salesman "Mark" got me right in a demo and off we went. I bought the car from him and my buddy bought a TL from him also 1 month later. He was only 23 but got the same treatment. The service Dept also Rocks. Go check it out....
Old 10-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Advanced

Tster,

Thanks for the reply. So far I had only been to the Bloomington dealership to look. It seems like the selection was quite limited and no one rushed out to help me or let me test drive. Perhaps I look too young too?

I will probably check out Buerkle tomorrow night since I will be heading to the northwest end of town anyway. I looked on their website and it seems they have a pretty healthy selection of TSX models as well. Can you comment on pricing? Were they flexible in terms of going below MSRP?

Thanks,
TZ
Old 10-13-2004, 06:50 PM
Advanced

I agree Bloomington did the same to me. The pricing will depend on who you get. If you tell them that you've been to the other dealers and they are willing to give you this price I think they will match it. Do a quick search and see what people are paying for the Tsx. I got mine for $700 under asking price because I made the sales guy call me back. It took a week but he called and said we can do it. I told him I'm goin to check out other places but a good idea also is if you are not in need of a new car right away make an offer and if he says no then say Ok I'm goin back to the other dealer but here is my # if you can work it out. Have him call you.

Also go to there website and make an offer through the internet sales person. They usually give in because they know you have been shopping around. I've seen some members request a quote from the Internet and got really good deals.. Just some ideas. End of the month is when they usually want to make deals on the cars.

good luck
Old 10-14-2004, 09:52 AM
Happy TSX owner

I booked my TSX from White Bear Acura near the Twin Cities area around mid July (probably not a very good time to buy cars, but my old car was on its last legs). It was a pretty hassle free deal, most of the contact was through email. I was talking with all the three dealers (Bloomington, Buerkle and White Bear) through email. Out of those the Bloomington one looked like he did not have any interest in selling cars. Both Buerkle and White Bear had very nice internet managers and responded to my queries within half a day.

But I wanted a 6MT w/ Nav and no one had any available, they started building it in Japan when I place my order. White Bear promised delivery end August while Buerkle promised end September; so I decided to go with the White Bear dealer. Since the supply was so limited I could not bring down the price to below $1000 below MSRP.

But in the end it was all worth it, since the TSX truly ROCKS!!!
Old 10-14-2004, 10:45 AM
Advanced

Thats awsome Tsxrocks now the rest is up to theoryzero
Old 10-14-2004, 12:10 PM
Advanced

Yep, thanks to both of you for the comments. I appreciate it!

TZ
Old 12-12-2006, 10:57 PM
2006 TSX

I lived in Minnetonka.

In November of 2000, I was in the market for a brand spankin' new MDX. Called all three dealers. White Bear was the only one who had an MDX available for a test drive. In June, my MDX finally arrived. From start to finish, I couldn't have been happier with the process (although the long wait was DREADFUL).

I also owned a Legend at the time and have taken both Acuras to Bloomington and Buerkle locations, along with the White Bear location. Bloomington rubbed me the wrong way and charged twice as much for an oil change as White Bear. Buerkle missed promised completion times and royally pissed off my wife. My trips to White Bear were uneventful. I even got to chat with my salesmen during each visit. One time, he whispered to me "we just got our first TSX this morning, want to take it for a drive?". How could I resist? Fell in love with it day one.

I moved to Denver in August of '06 and my Legend started showing it's age. Time for a new car. So I called up White Bear (Tim Pope) and asked for a good deal. Got one. Found the same exact car right here in Denver, but the dealer here had forced dealer installed options and a document preparation fee of $400 that was absolutely ridiculous. A week later, Tim picked me up at the MSP airport, and I got my new TSX from him.

Now if going all the way to Minnesota to go to White Bear from Denver doesn't convince you, how about the fact that while living in Minnetonka, I *chose* to drive all the way to White Bear for service instead of the closer options provided by the other two dealerships?
Old 12-14-2006, 12:54 PM
3rd Gear

I just got an '07 TSX thru Bloomington Acura. Did everything online. I looked at Buerkle as well. Buerkle was very nice and I felt bad for not getting my car through them but Bloomington was able to get the color I wanted about a month and a half earlier then Buerkle. Plus, for me they are a little closer for service appts. Those were really the big selling points for me!
Old 12-14-2006, 09:08 PM
Instructor

i have to agree that Buerkle Acura is a great place, but i did my TSX at Bloomington. i lived two minutes ago from White Bear Acura, i went in and saw the car that i liked; white 6spd/navi. talked to one of the sales person, treated me like sh!t. so i e-mailed Bloomington and told them to take that car from White Bear and sell it to me and i got a better deal too. i worked with Eric Nelson at Bloomington, i was very happy with him.

Originally Posted by GothamVengeance
I moved to Denver in August of '06 and my Legend started showing it's age. Time for a new car. So I called up White Bear (Tim Pope) and asked for a good deal. Got one. Found the same exact car right here in Denver, but the dealer here had forced dealer installed options and a document preparation fee of $400 that was absolutely ridiculous. A week later, Tim picked me up at the MSP airport, and I got my new TSX from him.
i too did move back to Colorado in the beginning of 2006. i hate all of the car dealers here in Denver!! the prices are crazy and customer service is like sh!t!! that's why i went to Colorado Springs to buy my 06 and my brother's RSX. i refuse to do any businesses with car dealers in the Denver Metro area.
Old 12-14-2006, 10:44 PM
Intermediate

I bought mine from Bloomington. It wasn't so much an issue of which dealer I liked more, but who had the car I wanted on the lot within the span of the few days I had to buy. My previous car was killed by an SUV, so I had to get something soon.

I test drove first at White Bear, but Zach Harger, the Internet manager, was an asshole to work with, and they didn't have any colors I wanted.

I found out that they had the ABP I wanted at Bloomington, and put down a deposit on the car that very night. I worked with Randy Vonderharr, who seemed nice, but completely unknowledgable about the car.

I've had my 10K & 20K service at Bloomington and thought they were pretty decent overall.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Advanced

I am currently leasing my 05 TSX that I got from Buerkle Acura in April of 05. I had a great experience working with Jon Brennecke, he knew a lot about the TSX and he made the whole experience excellent. I don't think he works there anymore, he may have retired. I definetly would recommend them to anyone.

I haven't had any experience with the service department, nothing has gone wrong with the TSX yet. I also live in Fargo, which is about 250 miles away from Buerkle.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:46 PM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tster
Buerkle Acura in Brooklyn Park is the best IMO. I bought mine there in May. The nice thing about it is that they only deal with acura's unlike other dealers here in MN that have other companies combined. Stay away from Bloomington Acura/subaru. I went to other dealers but because I looked young they did not take me seriously. My last stop was Buerkle and they asked me have I driven the Tsx yet. I said no and right away the salesman "Mark" got me right in a demo and off we went. I bought the car from him and my buddy bought a TL from him also 1 month later. He was only 23 but got the same treatment. The service Dept also Rocks. Go check it out....
My TSX was a trade from Bloomington Acura and it was in shit condition. Swirl marks all over it and the tow truck driver scraped up the chin spoiler and nicked up the black paint on the mufflers using chains. AVOID!!!
Old 12-16-2006, 10:25 PM
5th Gear

I have now purchased/leased 3 cars from Buerkle Acura and coouldn't be happier with all of them. When my Integra was stolen, I talked to Jon Murrow (same guy I bought it from in 1999) and he bent over backwards to get the exact car I wanted. He had to do a triple trade with other dealers and it took 3 weeks, but he never gave up trying to get the car. He even stayed after closing to deliver it to me. Could not ask for better customer service!