Looking for Bluetooth phone for '06 TSX

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2005, 03:37 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I spoke with HandsFreeLink tech support today. Picked up some interesting info.

They get the phones only from manufactures who want to participate with them. If Samsung decides to send the new Sprint A920 if they choose. It usually takes months to even get the new phones for testing.

After that they drive around and see problems they go back to the manufacturer asking for software releases to address their problems.

Some respond right away, others do not and tell HandsFreeLink to expect those in a new phone or whole dot upgrade.

Seeing how Sprint and other wireless carriers have their own flavor of BlueTooth I bet it will be a long time to we see them pick up support.

However the PalmOne and similar business contact phones usually have no problems because they are more geared to accept all kinds of BlueTooth communication.

Shoot you can't even draw a line and say that all Mortola BlueTooth phones are going to work because there is such a programming difference between GSM and CDMA phones (Cingular and Verizon, respectively)

He did say that Verizon's Mortola razor phone had high hopes of being a good candidate for HandsFreeLink.

Still looks like I am going to have to leave Sprint to be able to find a phone that will pair well.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:42 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by eltownse
I spoke with HandsFreeLink tech support today. Picked up some interesting info.

They get the phones only from manufactures who want to participate with them. If Samsung decides to send the new Sprint A920 if they choose. It usually takes months to even get the new phones for testing.

After that they drive around and see problems they go back to the manufacturer asking for software releases to address their problems.

Some respond right away, others do not and tell HandsFreeLink to expect those in a new phone or whole dot upgrade.

Seeing how Sprint and other wireless carriers have their own flavor of BlueTooth I bet it will be a long time to we see them pick up support.

However the PalmOne and similar business contact phones usually have no problems because they are more geared to accept all kinds of BlueTooth communication.

Shoot you can't even draw a line and say that all Mortola BlueTooth phones are going to work because there is such a programming difference between GSM and CDMA phones (Cingular and Verizon, respectively)

He did say that Verizon's Mortola razor phone had high hopes of being a good candidate for HandsFreeLink.

Still looks like I am going to have to leave Sprint to be able to find a phone that will pair well.
also, going on this information. i spoke to verizon's customer service. they said usually software upgrades are released in part because of customers calling with complaints/problems of what is not working with their phone. so i urge everyone to call their cell phone carrier, say you have hands free bluetooth with acura tsx, and you're phone doesn't utilize all the features. who knows, maybe it will cause some progress? maybe wishfull thinking.
Old 12-28-2005, 07:43 PM
Intermediate

My friend got a Verizon Motorola Razor V3C and I played with it some on my '06 TSX.

Oh wow.

It supports signal strength and battery and pairs extremely fast.

I can see programming numbers and other features being a little frustating, but once you get it all done it will be a breeze to use.

I guess I have to switch to Verizon now. I have been a Sprint customer for almost 5 years now, but they are just too slow to adopt BlueTooth the way Motorola has.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:29 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by feliz
My phone has worked flawlesly so far, not one glitch. I'm charging it for the first time today, it's been over a month.
Feliz, do you have your phone on all of the time? Mine is always on because I can get a call from work 24/7 and mine only lasts a day and a half, to two days with the bluetooth always on. This normally isn't a problem with me when I working because I charge it all day long at my desk but during this Christmas vacation my battery has gone low a few times.

Thanks

Excited
Old 01-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Still Lovin my 06

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by excited
Feliz, do you have your phone on all of the time? Mine is always on because I can get a call from work 24/7 and mine only lasts a day and a half, to two days with the bluetooth always on. This normally isn't a problem with me when I working because I charge it all day long at my desk but during this Christmas vacation my battery has gone low a few times.

Thanks

Excited
if he only charged his phone once in a month, he does not use his phone much. mine is on 24 hours a day, and it has decent battery life, and i have to charge it at least once every 48 hours, usually once every 24.
Old 01-04-2006, 08:05 PM
TSX4EVR

Originally Posted by excited
I think that I may have fiqured it out but don't quite understand why. If I open my car with the Acura remote it works. When I start my car with the remote starter it does not.

There must be something with using the Acura fob and key to start it and the subsequent start up routine that tells the car to say "hey cell phone I am here".

Or it may just have been coincidence. I will do further scientific analysis.

www.minibite.com/christmas/hippo.htm

Excited
After further analysis, the remote starter is not the cause of the bluetooth sometimes not automatically linking up. I has something to do with my standup phone charger. During my Christmas vacation where I never used the charger the phone linked automatically, however now that I am back at work and leave work after chargin it in the charger, I have to use the short cut to get the bluetooth to link. Don't ask me why, but something with the stand up charger disengages the bluetooth. I do not have a problem with the plug in charger,

This is just a minor problem and I still love the bluetooth and HFL.

Excited
Old 01-12-2006, 10:45 AM
Instructor

After searching, I hope this is the right place to post this information -- if there is a cleaner thread id'ing compatible phones, let's get this information into that thread as well (Mods, feel free).

The handsfreelink.com site has been updated to move the Motorola RAZR v3c from "Currently Testing" to "Compatible" for Verizon. Hooray!
Old 01-14-2006, 12:42 PM
1st Gear

ROKR in the 06 TSX

Just picked up my 06 CG/Ebony TSX, Navi. I'm looking for a new Bluetooth phone to go with it. Does anyone have experience with the Motorola ROKR? From what I read on the Internet, when you enable Bluetooth with the phone, it disables the ability to play your iTunes. I was hoping that I could plug the phone into the aux outlet, listen to my songs, AND use the HF features on the phone. Suggestions?
Old 01-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Future TSX owner?

razr v3
Old 01-28-2006, 03:33 PM
Intermediate

Bluetooth Sucks the battery right out of ya!!!

Have you noticed the battery strength seems to get sucked right out of the phone while using the hands free link? I use the Blutooth Power always on function and wonder if that has anything to do with it or if the power is just used while talking? I use for business alot, good thing I have the OEM rapid car charger.
Old 01-28-2006, 03:36 PM
Pro

any one paired any nokia phones?!
ie: nokia 6230i
Old 01-30-2006, 03:41 PM
TEMPLE OWLS Don't Sleep

For those people with GSM Carriers:

Top Three GSM Motorola Phones:
1- Razr v3 (Cingular & T-Mobile)
2- PEBL (T-Mobile)
2- V557 (Cingular)
3- V330 (T-Mobile)

All work great with handsfree car systems.
Old 01-30-2006, 03:44 PM
Team Owner

Received 378 Likes on 198 Posts
Originally Posted by InsuranceGuy
Have you noticed the battery strength seems to get sucked right out of the phone while using the hands free link? I use the Blutooth Power always on function and wonder if that has anything to do with it or if the power is just used while talking? I use for business alot, good thing I have the OEM rapid car charger.
Yup...if you set the bluetooth to always on, you'll see the battery drain much more quickly since the bluetooth is very power intensive. I usually just turn it on as I am approaching my car. On both my RAZR and V80, I have the bluetooth set up for easy access so that I can very quickly turn it on when I need it.