Local Acura dealer sucks bad customer service!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2003, 09:52 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Local Acura dealer sucks bad customer service!

This local Acura dealer sucks! My folks wanted to buy a new 04 Mdx and all they've gotten are terrible experiences so far. When my mom went to the dealer we went to same guy who I bought my tsx from. He said that they didn't have any silver Mdx's in stock and said to come back in on saturday. But, I went with my folks to check it out and they did have the silver mdx w/navi and my mom went back and told the guy and said again i will reverse the mdx, but then when my folks came back the next day, they SHIPPED the Mdx my mom liked to another Acura dealership, WTF is that??! So, the sales guy I bought my car from said that he did put a reserve sticker on it, but the gen. manager said he didn't know so they were ordering one for my folks to arrive today. But, my folks got more pissed when today they ordered the wrong color. So, they have to put an order for tomorrow and drive the Mdx 50 miles to the dealer. WTF is up with that??! I wasn't with them, but they asked for some discount or free paint shield cause this customer service is unacceptable don't you agree? They only got $100 discount, that is so terrible. If Acura treats their customers like this, this will be my 1st and last Acura I will buy and look elsewhere when I will buy another car in 5-8 yrs.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:24 PM
spc
Instructor

Sorry for you experience. But I kind of don't like Acura dealership too. Even though they provide better service (should be), but they treat the customers very wrongly (promise something and execute another thing) and I don't like that feeling too.

Hope your mom get what she want and maybe another dealership.

Your car should be ok for at least 8 to 10 years.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:34 PM
Race Director

well, glad i'm not the only one. why are acura people like that compared to honda salespeople? thats why i bought acura cause i've owned 2 hondas and thought they would be better.
Old 12-29-2003, 10:46 PM
spc
Instructor

Originally posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
well, glad i'm not the only one. why are acura people like that compared to honda salespeople? thats why i bought acura cause i've owned 2 hondas and thought they would be better.
That's what I thought too. At the beginning, I do feel much better compare to Honda, but eventually, they are not too far apart from each others.

I think we set our mind too high or maybe Acura hired a lot of wrong persons to treat their treasure customers. Bad for business!
Old 12-29-2003, 11:01 PM
Race Director

well, i think lexus has the best customer service, cause when i was looking at the is-300 they treated me nice and didn't rush me and pressure me. my dad bought an infiniti last yr and they had good service too, i don't know why acura sales have bad egos?
Old 01-08-2004, 03:17 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I really don't understand WHY people would pay MSRP + tax, fees, etc., when there are better SUVs out there like the RX330 and BMW X5. :shakehd:
Old 01-10-2004, 08:53 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

My experiences with my previous Honda dealership are actually better than my current experience with my Acura dealership. I've tried both Acura dealerships in town, neither treated me as well as the one I bought my Accord from. Both VW and BMW treated me so well I almost bought from them instead just because customer service seemed a top priority, no matter how well their cars sell (low snub factor). Good thing the TSX is such a great car. Hopefully after-sale service will be better. *sigh*
Old 01-24-2004, 12:15 AM
Instructor

Re: Local Acura dealer sucks bad customer service!

This local Acura dealer sucks! My folks wanted to buy a new 04 Mdx and all they've gotten are terrible experiences so far. When my mom went to the dealer we went to same guy who I bought my tsx from. He said that they didn't have any silver Mdx's in stock and said to come back in on saturday. But, I went with my folks to check it out and they did have the silver mdx w/navi and my mom went back and told the guy and said again i will reverse the mdx, but then when my folks came back the next day, they SHIPPED the Mdx my mom liked to another Acura dealership, WTF is that??! So, the sales guy I bought my car from said that he did put a reserve sticker on it, but the gen. manager said he didn't know so they were ordering one for my folks to arrive today. But, my folks got more pissed when today they ordered the wrong color. So, they have to put an order for tomorrow and drive the Mdx 50 miles to the dealer. WTF is up with that??! I wasn't with them, but they asked for some discount or free paint shield cause this customer service is unacceptable don't you agree? They only got $100 discount, that is so terrible. If Acura treats their customers like this, this will be my 1st and last Acura I will buy and look elsewhere when I will buy another car in 5-8 yrs.
So which dealer is it????? Name names.
Old 01-25-2004, 12:45 AM
Intermediate

As for my local dealerships, none are really that great. I will avoid Sunnyvale Acura due to a bad experience before and that SOB of a sales manager is still employed there(how the hell did that happen). I thought Stevens Creek Acura was good, until Mr. Z "attempted" to get in touch with me. He sends me an email with a tennisracket.gif saying "the ball is in my court". WTF??? I tell him that I will be shopping for a 2005TL sometime later this year and ask him to kindly send me a TL brochure. A week later, they send me a brochure. A mini Acura full line brochure!

BTW....this was the same guy who I talked to when the TSX first came out. I went in to ask him if they had a specific color combination in stock or anytime soon. His response was an ultra aggressive no and he acted like he'd rather go take a fat dump than sell me a car. I was expecting him to ask me if I would like to put down a deposit.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:54 PM
Race Director

Re: Re: Local Acura dealer sucks bad customer service!

Originally posted by GRAYTSX
So which dealer is it????? Name names.
i can't cause how about if these acura dealers snoop on here or one of u guys works for them?
Old 02-12-2004, 01:17 PM
Instructor

Re: Re: Re: Local Acura dealer sucks bad customer service!

i can't cause how about if these acura dealers snoop on here or one of u guys works for them?
So What?

Dealers get mentioned here all the time. If you tell about a bad experience how are we supposed to know who to avoid?
Old 02-12-2004, 01:21 PM
bleh...

It must be McGrath Acura in Glenview. I heard some bad stories about them.
Old 02-12-2004, 01:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Re: Re: Local Acura dealer sucks bad customer service!

who cares? even if they find out, it should be an awakening to right some wrongs they have caused...
Old 09-12-2004, 06:41 PM
Cruisin'

Absolutely!! Name names, don't be afraid of the man. How is anything ever going to change if we don't speak up! That's the great thing about the internet, everyone has more info now, these guys are (or should be) scared to death about bad publicity. "04EuroAccordTSX" said somebody here might be working for his dealer. I hope so! Better yet maybe they work for corporate, or the home office in Japan. If these guys see enough complaints they might do something about it.

To get the ball rolling I'll talk about my dealer experiences:

Cush Acura - Kearny Mesa (San Diego) CA- crappy sales experience, all sales people were too inexperienced and knew less about the car than I did. Despite that, they had a car in the right color and I was ready to buy, but three hours of my salesperson walking back and forth to the manager's office caused me to walk... out the door.

Cush Acura - Escondido, CA - I almost didn't go in when I saw the Cush name again. But an excellent experience with salesperson John Greiner made up for that. No pressure and said "no problem" to all of my requests. When I called back the next day to make an offer on a car they had in stock I had a "yes" answer in 20 minutes. When I showed up at the Dealer I was behind the wheel in less than an hour.