A little help with color -- SSM vs CG

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2003, 02:58 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A little help with color -- SSM vs CG

Is there anyone out there with a SSM/ Ebony that could talk me out of a CG/ Ebony?? I can pick up a SSM tonight, but I've had CG on order for a while. I'm still getting a 5AT with no Nav. So it's just a difference of ext color. Same price too.

I always thought I'd wait for the CG, but now I can be driving my own TSX tonight and you know how it is when you're waiting...

I love both colors but it seems like everyone is buying silver now. Thought I'd be a little different with the CG and now I'm seeing that CG may the most popular TSX color.

A little help for the anxious please
Old 08-26-2003, 03:13 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

I think you should get PWP since its the best .

J/K so did the dealer gave you a date on when the CG will come in?
Old 08-26-2003, 03:15 PM
Racer

I was in the exact position two months ago. It was really a toss-up as to which one I preferred. I bought the SSM because in the end the driving experience means more to me than the exterior color. I liked them both so I bought what they had.

BTW. If you pick the SSM look at the passenger side and make sure the paint tint is consistant. There's been some SSM hitting dealer lots with some strange colorations on the rear door of the passenger side.

Does anybody remember which member had this problem??? They could speak top this better than I.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:21 PM
Intermediate

CraZ -- There are two different dealers involved. The CG dealer was supposed to have my car in on Aug 14h but it's still in San Diego. She doesn't know how much longer it will take. But I'm frustrated with her because she doesn't ever update me. I have to call in and get the bad/delayed news each week.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:22 PM
Happy TSXer

Go take a look at the SSM, do this many time as possible, make sure that you won't regret your choice, and then drive it out.

I personally would wait for the CG since 1) It looks really cool for a TSX and 2) SSM is a somewhat over-popular choice.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:26 PM
Intermediate

TSXLover -- I live in Chicago and have only seen 2 TSX's on the road and both were CG. Of course it seems to me that every other car on the road is silver. I do like the silver a lot. It was always more important to me to have the Ebony interior -- Love the way it looks and when you come down to it that's where you're spending all your car time anyways. But then I don't want to buy it and regret it if I see a CG and remember that I was only weeks away from owning one....it's tough

If you liked the CG a lot, why did you buy the MSM??
Old 08-26-2003, 03:28 PM
Rarrrrrrrr!!!!!!

Originally posted by myfirstacura
CraZ -- There are two different dealers involved. The CG dealer was supposed to have my car in on Aug 14h but it's still in San Diego. She doesn't know how much longer it will take. But I'm frustrated with her because she doesn't ever update me. I have to call in and get the bad/delayed news each week.
'

I say go for the ssm. I wouldnt want a dealer that treats me like crap to earn my money :angry: and when you go tell them your not interested in their CG anymore, make sure you gave them a big
Old 08-26-2003, 03:33 PM
Instructor

Re: A little help with color -- SSM vs CG

Is there anyone out there with a SSM/ Ebony that could talk me out of a CG/ Ebony?? I can pick up a SSM tonight, but I've had CG on order for a while. I'm still getting a 5AT with no Nav. So it's just a difference of ext color. Same price too.

I always thought I'd wait for the CG, but now I can be driving my own TSX tonight and you know how it is when you're waiting...

I love both colors but it seems like everyone is buying silver now. Thought I'd be a little different with the CG and now I'm seeing that CG may the most popular TSX color.

A little help for the anxious please
That happened to me when I bought my TSX. CG/ebony was my first choice, but SSM/ebony was at the lot waiting for me to pick up. I chose SSM because I didnt want to wait a month for it. Plus, SSM is easy to keep clean. 4 months later, I'm glad that I chose SSM, very easy to keep clean!!!!.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:34 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Two things here...I think that CG is the dominant color at least as far as this board goes. I'm speaking of numbers from a poll awhile back. I think it was Fooman who's TSX graces my desktop that thought his pass. door was darker. By the way, I'd have taken either and been happy. My suggestion, get the SSM and have some fun tonight.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:36 PM
Racer

Re: Re: A little help with color -- SSM vs CG

Originally posted by jumpper
Plus, SSM is easy to keep clean. 4 months later, I'm glad that I chose SSM, very easy to keep clean!!!!.
yep, this is true! Although it's tough to see the 'ol zaino wax when you're applying it. But it looks sooo good when you're done.
Old 08-26-2003, 03:39 PM
Intermediate

Thanks for all the thoughts ... I'm going to buy that SSM tonight. I think both colors are great and I bet in about a month I don't even think about not getting the CG. It's all about the TSX experience and I've waited long enough!!!

(need to change my signature to future SSM/Ebony 5AT)
Old 08-26-2003, 03:42 PM
Pro

CG is VERY popular with the TSX, Silver is popular in general. I have heard that silver and grey make up about 40% of the cars on the road today.

I had a tough week stressing my brain on the black or CG. Black was coming in, in a week and CG would have been late sept (which means I still would have been waiting). Before I even ordered I liked both colors and told myself I would get whichever is available first, but at the beginning still wanted the grey.

Go check it out. Don't settle for it simply because you'll get it first. Because the wait time is minor vs wanting the color you really want and will be driving for years to come. If you're torn between both colors and feel that you like both 50/50, go with the SSM. I went with black and I see a CG sometimes and say to myself "that's a nice color" but I still love my black TSX!!

Goodluck!
Old 08-26-2003, 04:11 PM

Good luck with the SSM! I'm sure once you pick it up and start driving you'll forget all about the CG......well, until you see those CG TSXs again
Old 08-26-2003, 05:36 PM
Racer

The two most popluar colors are the SSM/CG. Do you all think that Acura makes more Cg/ssm's than the other colors?

You can't go wrong with either color...

Old 08-26-2003, 05:59 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

Re: A little help with color -- SSM vs CG

Is there anyone out there with a SSM/ Ebony that could talk me out of a CG/ Ebony??
I don't want to talk you out of a color if you want it. I just picked up my SSM/Ebony this weekend and love it. I also thought CG looked very good as well, but it was a heat and maintenance issue. (ebony int is hot enough in FL - a dark ext would just make it worse)

Just have to think if you'll regret going with SSM xmonths/years down the road.

-r
Old 08-26-2003, 07:04 PM
Burning Brakes

I like the same colors as you. My car on order is CG/Ebony. I do like the SSM/Ebony as an alternate. I hope my salesperson doesn't call me to tell me about an an available SSM/Ebony.

The CG has a presense--or a stance--about it that I like. The SSM shows off the cars contours better. I know I better wait for my CG/Ebony.
Old 08-26-2003, 07:09 PM
Registered AssHat

I was at the dealership test driving and was able to see both colors side by side. In the end, I felt the CG was more "classy" while the SSM was more "sporty".

In the end I went simian....I picked the shiniest/sparkliest one.

That said, I have also run into two White ones around town. THAT is also a nice color. It's not just white/devoid of color...it's so creamy.

Anyway, look at both and pick the one YOU like regardless of what everyone else is driving.
Old 08-27-2003, 02:01 AM
Instructor

Naptown reporting....

I too had the choice of going with SSM/Ebony at a local dealer, but ended up with CGP/Ebony from McGrath.

I just see way too many silver cars here in Indy and the CGP, like someone posted, looks "classy".

My CGP/Ebony seems to be getting quite a bit of attention as well. Aside from being one of the few TSXs I've seen in the area, it looks different in different lighting conditions. It can look anywhere from black to having a bluish hue to it. Most people end up first asking what kind of car it is then immediately ask what color it is.

I'm quite happy with my decision. Just pick what's more important to you...having the color you want or driving the car sooner. Then again, if you like the SSM, then you're all set for some fun.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:13 AM
Intermediate

I bought the SSM last night! I'm officially an owner now!!! Took one look at the SSM and fell in love with it. The Silver/Ebony combo looks great and I know I'll be really happy with picking the SSM. Fate happened to put me in a SSM instead of the CG and that's cool with me. Now I know why everyone has a sh!t eating grin on their faces when they own one of these.

I think I'm the newest owner... Bought it at 9:00 last night. Thanks again for the thoughts on the colors.
Old 08-27-2003, 08:26 AM
Intermediate

dude you JUST beat me... I drove off the lot at 8:15 pm last night in my new CG/quartz... I LOVE it... love the contrast between the dark exterior and the lighter (but not too light) interior...

I loved the SSM also, but I drove a silver car for 6 years prior, I wanted something different... great choice though, you cannot go wrong with either...

And yes, you appear to be the newest owner, by a mere 45 minutes!
Old 08-27-2003, 08:37 AM
Intermediate

Congrats to you Balto!! When I went into mt garage and saw it sitting there I felt like it was Christmas in August!! Nice colors with the CG/Quartz. Smile has been on my face for a solid 11 hours straight....
Old 08-27-2003, 08:47 AM
Intermediate

believe me, i can totally relate, myfirst... what a great feeling to drive in to work today... too bad im stuck in the office for 8 hours... its amazing how I'm not going to mind sitting in rush hour traffic on I-95 for 45 minutes on the way home tonight...

congrats again on your new car!!!
Old 08-27-2003, 09:04 AM
Intermediate

I usually work 10-12 hours and this weekend I'm flying to Portland to see family. Almost wish I had more time with the TSX. I'll be sure to 'go out' to lunch today. Might be long one too.
Old 08-27-2003, 09:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Dudes...I've had mine for a month and a week as of yesterday. I'm still smiling, awesome car. I told ya you'd dig the SSM, it's classy and easy to keep clean.
Old 08-27-2003, 10:38 AM
Happy TSXer

TSXLover -- I live in Chicago and have only seen 2 TSX's on the road and both were CG. Of course it seems to me that every other car on the road is silver. I do like the silver a lot. It was always more important to me to have the Ebony interior -- Love the way it looks and when you come down to it that's where you're spending all your car time anyways. But then I don't want to buy it and regret it if I see a CG and remember that I was only weeks away from owning one....it's tough

If you liked the CG a lot, why did you buy the MSM??

CG used to be my first choice until I saw the MSM TSX on a sunny day. I was simply
Old 08-28-2003, 08:00 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

Originally posted by swami
Dudes...I've had mine for a month and a week as of yesterday. I'm still smiling, awesome car. I told ya you'd dig the SSM, it's classy and easy to keep clean.

Yeah, congrats guys! (newb owner here too)

I had to laugh today.. A coworker was telling me about a group of people from the office gathered around my car today on their way back from lunch. Just talking about it and wondering `who has a new car? Wow, this is nice!`. heh
Old 08-28-2003, 09:50 PM
n00b

Received 45 Likes on 30 Posts
My first and only choice was the SSM/ebony, and that is what I bought. Now, I'm starting to like the CG/ebony. Don't get me wrong, I have no regret on getting the SSM/ebony. But if I can get another TSX, I would get the CG/ebony. Imagine opening the garage door, and you see a SSM TSX and a CG TSX parked in there. Nice!!!

Old 08-28-2003, 10:36 PM
idx
Senior Grasshopper

Originally posted by vwong
My first and only choice was the SSM/ebony, and that is what I bought. Now, I'm starting to like the CG/ebony. Don't get me wrong, I have no regret on getting the SSM/ebony. But if I can get another TSX, I would get the CG/ebony. Imagine opening the garage door, and you see a SSM TSX and a CG TSX parked in there. Nice!!!

..now that is the ultimate. Wonder if I can get my gf to trade in her highlander.