Legal tint on doors and darker tint on rear?

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Luke 1:37

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Legal tint on doors and darker tint on rear?

I was just thinking about how to get my tint to "look" darker than it really is. I will be tinting my car within the first month that I receive it and one thing is that I want to keep it legal but still have the look of a darker tint. What I was thinking is that I'll keep it 35% on the 4 door windows and then go with 20% on the rear window. Has anyone done this before? If so, do you have any pics? I think this would look better than going 35% on the front door windows and then 20% on the rear door and rear windows. You won't have that weird contrast between the front and rear door windows. Just a thought.
Old 02-10-2005, 11:12 AM
Mud in your eye!

Damn, I wish I thought of it! That would look tight!
Old 02-11-2005, 01:12 AM
Instructor

this is what I'm planning to do...hopefully soon...I'll post pics when I get it done...just trying to find a good and decent priced place in SoCal...
Old 02-11-2005, 06:52 AM

Originally Posted by kammerz
this is what I'm planning to do...hopefully soon...I'll post pics when I get it done...just trying to find a good and decent priced place in SoCal...
Definitely post up pics! I won't be receiving my TSX until March some time, so hopefully you'll get it done before that and have pics up for everyone to see. I think it should look pretty good.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:12 AM
'05/NBP/Ebony/Navi/5T

I do a lot of tints and that's what I do to most of my customers who want it legal. Me personally would do 20% all the way around. Had my bimmer for 5 years no problem. It's been over 2 months without tints. So excited I'm actually going to tint mine tomorrow morning.

Hey Virtualbong!! Congratulations man, I know the wait sucks. I happened to have walk in the dealer on my birthday and the only one on the lot was what I wanted, same as yours a NHB/Ebony/5AT/NAV.

and yes Congratulations to the NE Patriots!!! being a diehard redsox fan, watching the Patriots win another Superbowl was just as exciting!!!
Old 02-11-2005, 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by vietazntsx
I do a lot of tints and that's what I do to most of my customers who want it legal. Me personally would do 20% all the way around. Had my bimmer for 5 years no problem. It's been over 2 months without tints. So excited I'm actually going to tint mine tomorrow morning.

Hey Virtualbong!! Congratulations man, I know the wait sucks. I happened to have walk in the dealer on my birthday and the only one on the lot was what I wanted, same as yours a NHB/Ebony/5AT/NAV.

and yes Congratulations to the NE Patriots!!! being a diehard redsox fan, watching the Patriots win another Superbowl was just as exciting!!!
YOU LUCKY BASTARD! LOL.

So it does look ok? And having the rears 20% does block out a lot of the sunlight going into the car? Making the 35% tint appear darker? I don't want to make it 20% all around because I still want people to be able to look in and I don't want to hassle looking for a place to pass me on inspections with the dark tint. I think having the rear window tinted darker will do the job and still keep everything looking good without that hideous front door windows light and rear door windows pitch black look.

I was down in the Fenway area for the World Series win. IT WAS AWESOME! And you gotta love the Pats. They started it all! Its great to be a BOSTON SPORTS FAN! The Celts aren't doing that bad either

Do you have a TSX? If so, have you done any mods? Greddy Evo2 Catback by chance? I really want to hear it in person.

Actually take that back. Your username says it all. Vietnamese Asian Person with a TSX, LOL.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:20 AM
'05/NBP/Ebony/Navi/5T

it's been awhile since I've worked in the shop, how much are they charging to tint these days and also what kind of tints are they using?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:28 AM

I'd be going to the same place I got my Integra tinted. Its very reputable.

http://www.tint-it.com/index.html

They use Llumar tint. I believe they charge $190 for 5 windows. But that depends on the size of the car. I emailed for a quote.

I basically want to make sure that tinting the 4 windows 35% and the rear window 20% will look good. And since you've done it before on cars, did it look good?

btw. do you have any pics of your car?
Old 02-11-2005, 08:32 AM
'05/NBP/Ebony/Navi/5T

Originally Posted by virtualbong
Do you have a TSX? If so, have you done any mods? Greddy Evo2 Catback by chance? I really want to hear it in person.

Actually take that back. Your username says it all. Vietnamese Asian Person with a TSX, LOL.
I was reading the first question...LoL Surprisingly, the only mods I currently have on mine:

-OEM Front lip
-Rear Spoiler
-All my friends keep telling me to drop it, but after going thru 2 bodykits w/ the bimmer in one year, I'm thinking twice about it...NE winter weather is nasty!!!
-Being a family man now, I'm gonna try to keep it stock as possible, even though the real me doesn't want to.

I just recently ordered paint protection from rockblocker, gonna install them myself.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:35 AM

I was reading the first question...LoL Surprisingly, the only mods I currently have on mine:

-OEM Front lip
-Rear Spoiler
-All my friends keep telling me to drop it, but after going thru 2 bodykits w/ the bimmer in one year, I'm thinking twice about it...NE winter weather is nasty!!!
-Being a family man now, I'm gonna try to keep it stock as possible, even though the real me doesn't want to.

I just recently ordered paint protection from rockblocker, gonna install them myself.
I was thinking about picking up the paint protection, but Easter Glass Tinting also does paint protection so I might go there as well. What did you get from RockBlocker? Full Kit?

I might pick up the Eiback Pro Kit and Ingalls Camber Kit and keep my stock shocks. I'm going to see how low my car gets with the OEM Kit before picking up lowering springs though. So that might be a late Spring modification.
Old 02-11-2005, 08:45 AM
'05/NBP/Ebony/Navi/5T

I'd be going to the same place I got my Integra tinted. Its very reputable.

http://www.tint-it.com/index.html

They use Llumar tint. I believe they charge $190 for 5 windows. But that depends on the size of the car. I emailed for a quote.

I basically want to make sure that tinting the 4 windows 35% and the rear window 20% will look good. And since you've done it before on cars, did it look good?

btw. do you have any pics of your car?
My opinion:
20% all the way around - best
35% on front doors 20% on rear doors 20% on rear - better
35% on 4 doors 20% on rear- good
100% - not good

so if you're looking for good, then that's the way to go...

legally your state(MA) 35% all the way around even the rear, but they usually only check the front door windows.

If the weather permit this weekend, I'll be taking pictures of my car.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:11 AM

My opinion:
20% all the way around - best
35% on front doors 20% on rear doors 20% on rear - better
35% on 4 doors 20% on rear- good
100% - not good

so if you're looking for good, then that's the way to go...

legally your state(MA) 35% all the way around even the rear, but they usually only check the front door windows.

If the weather permit this weekend, I'll be taking pictures of my car.
You really think 35% on front doors 20% on rear doors 20% on rear is better than 35% on 4 doors 20% on rear? I think the contrast between the door windows is pretty ugly, which is why I'm hoping that if I do the door windows the same and just the rear window darker will make everything flow well.

20% does look the best, but the hassle is not worth it to me. Not tinting definitely is not an option. I think tinting in itself makes the car look unique and cleaner.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:26 AM
'05/NBP/Ebony/Navi/5T

You really think 35% on front doors 20% on rear doors 20% on rear is better than 35% on 4 doors 20% on rear? I think the contrast between the door windows is pretty ugly, which is why I'm hoping that if I do the door windows the same and just the rear window darker will make everything flow well.
Been having done a lot of cars, more people who want to stay in the legal limit would go the contrast between the door window look. But I'm not sayin that 35% on all 4 doors are bad, I just think the darker the better.
I wish I still had pictures of all the cars I've done, just recently got a new computer and didn't backup any old files.

I just tinted my friend's honda Si, but that's a 2 door, so it's hard to compare (35% on the doors, 20% on the quarters and rear) let me see if he can send me a pic...
Old 02-11-2005, 09:29 AM

Been having done a lot of cars, more people who want to stay in the legal limit would go the contrast between the door window look. But I'm not sayin that 35% on all 4 doors are bad, I just think the darker the better.
I wish I still had pictures of all the cars I've done, just recently got a new computer and didn't backup any old files.

I just tinted my friend's honda Si, but that's a 2 door, so it's hard to compare (35% on the doors, 20% on the quarters and rear) let me see if he can send me a pic...
I've seen Integras with the 35% on the front windows and then 20% on the rear quarter panel and rear window. Look alright, but I still dislike how you can see the two different tints when viewing the car from the side. That's what I'm trying to avoid. So I guess I'll stick with 35% on all four door windows and 20% in the rear. I think this will give me the look I want, which will appear darker than 35% but still being able to look inside the car and notice that people are in there.
Old 02-11-2005, 09:40 AM
'05/NBP/Ebony/Navi/5T

Old 02-11-2005, 09:52 AM

Whoa...that actually looks really good. Do you have any pics of it in the sunlight? Right now it looks like its cloudy so you can't really tell how the tint looks.