Legacy 2.5GT Limited Trade??

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006 | 10:10 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by minkl81
Yea steering is more numb than our TSX, but it was so delightful to drive on highways that I mostly drive. Also my TSX is a rattle box and LGT's (it had 9700 miles) rattle free interior was very impressing.
Rattle free interior? Subaru must've made some major strides in the last few years. I test drove a Forester XT about fives times before settling on my TSX, and, while very powerful, that car exhibited all manner of road noise, squeaks and rattles. Also, the five speed tranny is nowhere near as polished as the Acura's. It's notchy and vague.

I like Subies, but they have never struck me as being particularly tight. They do fill a unique market niche, however.
Old 01-24-2006 | 10:25 AM
Drifting

Originally Posted by mmm def
Hey I have an 05 LGT 5sp manual. Bought the car new in Aug 04, today I have close to 35K on the car. I Love the car!!!! Mine has the chip, Turboback exhaust and better TMIC. This car is verrry fast. I replaced the RE92 garbage with PZero Nero M+S, made a huge difference. Yes the car has a few rattles but I'm very picky and will sit there with everything off listening to them. The handling is fine stock, I would like it a bit tighter. I did do a rear sway and that made a huge difference. Tires/sways are usually enough for most. Pushing over 300hp I get a consistent 21mpg, nothing special.

Some might say the gearbox is a little mushy but the optional short shift kit takes away and sloppiness. I don't think the interior quality is as good as the Acura but it is probably the best of any Subaru, no complaints and I did come from an Audi S4 before. Subaru needs to work on some things; auto down on drivers only? cmon!

In a nutshell the car is relatively cheap, tons of fun and very reliable, no problems in 35k miles. I do have my eye on the TL 6speed when my lease is up, or maybe even the TSX if they drop the 2.3 turbo in it.

Dave
i don't think the tsx has that feature either. i'm rarely the passenger, so i'm not quite sure...

subaru is a brand i'd like to consider in the future. perhaps, when my brother will be looking for a car, the tsx will be a hand-me-down, while i look for other options...

next generation tsx (turbo, sh-awd?), lgt, sti, speed6? it'll be fun if i end up being in the market for one...
Old 01-24-2006 | 10:29 AM
Have camera, will travel

Originally Posted by yuhoo22
the handling on the suby is what really makes it a deal breaker for me.....also the fact that I know that the TSX will definitely outlast the suby
So, here we have two conflicting opinions. You say the Subie does not handle as well as the Acura, another guy further up the thread says the Subie is much better.

So which is it?
Old 01-24-2006 | 10:40 AM
WAS HONDATAFIED IN

well it depends on what your comparing too, i have STi pinks and i believe it handles as well as the TSX overall, maybe a stock LGT doesn't handle as well, i can't vouch for the stock suspention setup, i had a TSX with eibach pro-kit and comptech RSB, and while the LGT doesn't feel as well through corners, given the high weight, it still feels as fast, while corner exit speeds i give to the LGT cause your usually in boost when exiting, and it picks up and goes...... i also think the LGT could benifit from sways.....
Old 01-24-2006 | 10:47 AM
Cruisin'

Sways are a huge improvement on the LGT.
Old 01-24-2006 | 10:51 AM
Have camera, will travel

^^^As they are on the TSX.