L.A. Auto Show

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2006, 03:14 AM
Because Of You

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
L.A. Auto Show

I went there at noon and back at 8:00 pm. A total of 8 hours time well spent with an hour of break with a ice-cold Orange Mango smoothie.

The most impressive were the Saturn Sky and the 4 pure white Lambo for me. They only let a very small number of selected individuals to go in and test the Lambo. Among all the selected individuals, they let a guy who looked just like a drug dealer to go check out the car. I must say that no picture could justify the beauty of the pure white Lambo's. You had to be right there to see that the Lambo's were the must beautiful cars on earth!

The rest was ok BUT worst of all ---> The Acura and the Kia booths! No one was there to look at the Acura nor the Kia. All the actions were in the Honda, BMW, Toyota, Lexus, Audi and the MB booth.

I must admit that the Acura booth was awful boring. No new model and all the same-old-same-old styling. The most impressive, however, was the Toyota booth. Toyota had the most brand new models among all of the others.

But for me, nothing beated the styling of the yellow Solstice and the red Saturn Sky... among all the money that we could buy... meaning -> exclude the Lambo...
Old 01-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Racer

I just got back from the LA Auto Show. MUCH better to go during the week. Way less people. Last year I went during the weekend it ended up being soooo crowded that you couldnt even sit any of the cars cuz it was so damn busy. It annoyed me so much that I just left.

The show was your typical American Auto Show. Kinda boring. Nothing special other then the cars, but I already knew all the new models and seen them before so nothing new here.

Matter of fact I think American Auto Shows SUCK. There is just no entertainment in them. I've been to Auto Shows in Taiwan and Japan. And those Auto shows are 100 times better then the American ones. why?? Because they have gorgeous Show girls at almost every car and standing there looking pretty. They even have small dance performances with the girls dancing in formation. Other there I end up taking pics and watching the girls more then I do the cars! I think thats the way its suppose to be. Its just a different environment there. Words cant explain it.

There was not one hot looking show girl at the auto show, how pathetic.

America needs to learn how to make a good Auto Show.
Old 01-13-2006, 11:58 AM
ABP TSX

Originally Posted by gsrthomas
Matter of fact I think American Auto Shows SUCK.
Sounds just like the past years I have been to the Dallas Auto Show.

Meh, I will go again this year too.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Its an Auto Show not a Girlie Show.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:04 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by jlukja
Its an Auto Show not a Girlie Show.
I've gone to a car show once and all I can say is hoochie mamas. Maybe its the married guy/dad talking, but I'm not into seeing girls all sluttied up. If a girl is dolled up and stylish, sure, that's hot.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:08 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by moda_way
I've gone to a car show once and all I can say is hoochie mamas. Maybe its the married guy/dad talking, but I'm not into seeing girls all sluttied up. If a girl is dolled up and stylish, sure, that's hot.
These auto shows in Japan and Taiwan arent slutted up. They ware elegant dresses and their hair styles are amazing. Few of the girls had this futuristic hair style that was awesome looking cuz they were staying next to some concept vehicle. Some girls are waring short shorts and it isnt hootchie low class looking.

It really does put the LA Auto Show to shame.
Old 01-13-2006, 12:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
These auto shows in Japan and Taiwan arent slutted up. They ware elegant dresses and their hair styles are amazing. Few of the girls had this futuristic hair style that was awesome looking cuz they were staying next to some concept vehicle. Some girls are waring short shorts and it isnt hootchie low class looking.

It really does put the LA Auto Show to shame.
I've seen some pics and I would agree from what I saw, the majority of them didn't look slutted up.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:22 PM
Got Ramen?

Matter of fact I think American Auto Shows SUCK. There is just no entertainment in them. I've been to Auto Shows in Taiwan and Japan. And those Auto shows are 100 times better then the American ones. why?? Because they have gorgeous Show girls at almost every car and standing there looking pretty. They even have small dance performances with the girls dancing in formation. Other there I end up taking pics and watching the girls more then I do the cars! I think thats the way its suppose to be. Its just a different environment there. Words cant explain it.

There was not one hot looking show girl at the auto show, how pathetic.

America needs to learn how to make a good Auto Show.
it's an AUTO show, not a model show...

i've been to the taiwan autoshow in the past and it's pathetic to see how groups of guys with cameras follow the show girls who pose by the cars and crowd up the area. it's funny cuz i was at the honda booth and one of the show girls walked from the accord to the CRV to pose and you see this group of 40+ guys walk together from the accord to the crv in unison...hilarious.
Old 01-13-2006, 04:24 PM
Got Ramen?

and frankly...after 15+ years of attending autoshows, i'm starting to get bored of them heh. Guess cuz i've been attending like 5-6 drive events every year now for the past 2 years (autoshow in motion, mercedes drive, bmw ultimate drive, etc etc.)