Key fob difficulties

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 09:12 PM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Key fob difficulties

Hey all

I've got 2 questions for you fellow US 1G owners out there.

First, could you post up your FCC ID and IC numbers off of your original factory keyless entry remote key fobs? Please be sure to specify the year of your car. I think the 04/05 and 06 - 08 should be different because of the memory seats. I'm looking for at least 1 from each year. More would be better though.

Second, I'm looking to compile as much info as I can on the alternate key fobs that work as well. So, please post up if you have any of the others. For example, the moda_way Accord key mod, the 07 TL switchblade key, etc. I'm looking for FCC ID, IC numbers and the year of the vehicle as well as the originally intended use of the key fob (for example, 07 TL switchblade works with my 06 TSX and then list the FCC and IC.) Also, if you're using an alternate key fob, please post the FCC and IC off of your original TSX key fob if possible.

Many, many thanks.

On a side note, does anybody know if the programming instructions are different for the 08 TSX vs the 04 -07? I took my 08 to a locksmith today and we were unable to program the immobilizer or a replacement key fob. I tried to reprogram in one of my existing fobs to no avail as well. I used the instructions off the FLBUSA site. I can't seem to find anything different anywhere on the web. The immobilizer I can understand. Honda doesn't have to release the source code to the aftermarket programmers for a year unless they want to. And why would they? That's like throwing money at the locksmiths. For what it's worth, the locksmith I went to was one of the ones on FLBUSA's list. The guy I dealt with has done several switchblades on TLs and TSXs. Programmer just won't work on an 08. Any input here would be great as well.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Factory remote:
FCC ID: OUCG8D-387H-A
IC: 850G-G8D387HA

TL Switchblade:
FCC ID: OUCG8D-439H-A
IC: 850G-G8D439HA

(I'm almost certain that's what it says on the TL switchblade key. Unfortunately, the printing has kind of rubbed off so that's my best guess)

When I did my switchblade programming, I took it originally to a locksmith who used the Silca immobilizer programmer to try to program it. He's had mixed results with the TSX (he was able to program a few but wasn't able to do mine, though he says he's never had any problems with other Honda's).

I ended up getting the dealer to add the keys and they were able to do it with no problems (although they did look at me funny when I handed them the TL switchblade and told them I had a TSX)

Both are used on my 05 TSX and works with no problem.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:35 PM
Oliver!!!

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts
Thanks for the reply. The numbers match the numbers on the back of my brand new TL switchblade key.

I'm hoping somebody will chime in with the numbers off the back of the modded Accord key and other key mods that are hanging around out there.