just wrecked my TSX

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 12:16 AM
Yui
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Fooman, sorry to see what had happened... glad you made it safely though. You'll be quite surprised at how available parts are for repairs for the TSX, at least through dealers... I was able to get a replacement front axle for the front left wheel as well as a power steering rack shipped within a couple of days to my local dealership, and there were only like 3 of them in the US at that time... this was for a previous incident, not the current bumper tap one... keep us updated on the repairs!
Old 10-15-2003, 11:47 AM
Instructor

After almost 3 weeks of waiting, my TSX is finally out of the bodyshop. I'm happy with the results and the paint matched up fine. It is still missing the air resonator box because the part is on backorder, but I don't mind driving without one. This weekend I'm going to put on the bodykit.

The bumper fitment needs a slight adjustment. I could tell that it was misaligned by a couple of cm. I'm picky like that. Next step is to take it to the Acura dealer to have the service guy make sure that all is within specs compared to the other TSXs they have on their lot.
Old 10-15-2003, 02:30 PM
GSI
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have never heard of the "accident forgiveness clause". An insurance agent will tell you anything. The underwriter makes the final decision on your rate and these days insurance companies are looking at any reason to raise rates.

You may be better off paying it yourself, but look for an increase in the mail upon renewal if you have not been insured with the company for 5+ years.

I got a speeding ticket with State Farm (81 in a 55) and they increased my premium. I had a clean record for 5 years prior to that. Granted I had only been with them on my own for 3 years (11 years under my parents).
Old 10-15-2003, 03:14 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by gsi00154
I have never heard of the "accident forgiveness clause". An insurance agent will tell you anything. The underwriter makes the final decision on your rate and these days insurance companies are looking at any reason to raise rates.

You may be better off paying it yourself, but look for an increase in the mail upon renewal if you have not been insured with the company for 5+ years.

I got a speeding ticket with State Farm (81 in a 55) and they increased my premium. I had a clean record for 5 years prior to that. Granted I had only been with them on my own for 3 years (11 years under my parents).
How much did your premium increase? I'm facing the same problem now, just want to know how much will my premium increase. Thanks
Old 10-15-2003, 04:39 PM
GSI
Three Wheelin'

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Mine went up from $89 to $150.00 per month (68.5%). I have a homeowners and multicar discount. My wife has a clean mvr and no accidents.
Old 10-15-2003, 10:16 PM
Kickstand

Damn...you guys are getting robbed! I get full coverage though state farm with a $500 deductible and $0 deductible on my comprehinsive for......drumroll.....$644.80 every six months!!

On what road in Bham did you wreck?
Old 10-15-2003, 10:38 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Jab31169
Damn...you guys are getting robbed! I get full coverage though state farm with a $500 deductible and $0 deductible on my comprehinsive for......drumroll.....$644.80 every six months!!

On what road in Bham did you wreck?
I moved to Erie, PA and I wrecked it on some rural road that had a bunch of twisties.

And my insurance didn't go up. I just got my new insurance card and I'm paying only $366 for 6 months. I have a $1000 deductible though.
Old 10-16-2003, 01:58 AM
My bolonga has a 1st name

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by Fooman
i was driving on a backroad with lots of twisties and i lost control. i started to fishtail and by the time i steered out of it, i was going down a small embankment and my brakes wouldn't stop cause the grass was still wet from the rain that we got yesterday. basically, i got too confident and push it beyond the limit and now my TSX will never be the same.

thanks to provench for hosting the pics for me.
say it aint so :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(
Old 10-16-2003, 02:16 AM
Kickstand

Originally posted by Fooman
I moved to Erie, PA and I wrecked it on some rural road that had a bunch of twisties.

And my insurance didn't go up. I just got my new insurance card and I'm paying only $366 for 6 months. I have a $1000 deductible though.
Either way Insurance is the bomb. My TSX was in the Hail Storm that ran though bham back in june I think. I had so many phreaking dings it wasnt funny. Cost the Insurance company $2800 bucks but it came out looking brand new. Paintless dent removal = good

from bham to erie...wow. What part of bham are you from? I lived there all my life pretty much in hoover off Old Rocky Ridge Road. I bought my TSX at King Acura. Im in ATL now but hopefully moving back to bham soon
Old 10-16-2003, 02:37 AM
Instructor

Originally posted by Jab31169
Either way Insurance is the bomb. My TSX was in the Hail Storm that ran though bham back in june I think. I had so many phreaking dings it wasnt funny. Cost the Insurance company $2800 bucks but it came out looking brand new. Paintless dent removal = good

from bham to erie...wow. What part of bham are you from? I lived there all my life pretty much in hoover off Old Rocky Ridge Road. I bought my TSX at King Acura. Im in ATL now but hopefully moving back to bham soon
Yeah, it was a long 13 hour drive in my TSX. I'll never do that again.

I also lived in Hoover, near Simmons Middle school off Chapel Lane. And I also bought mine from King Acura. It was the only place that would give me a deal ($500 less than MSRP) and that was only because our family had bought 3 other cars from them. Barry was my sales guy.
Old 10-16-2003, 07:58 AM
4th Gear

Thumbs up

Hey Fooman,

I'm in Erie...I take it you go to LECOM?? I also have a SSM TSX with ebony interior. Did you buy your TSX at Contemporary Motorcar? I have mixed feelings about their service department...my family has been buying cars from them for years. It sucks they are the only Acura dealership in the area. I've seen a SSM driving around town but never got a look at the driver. Roth service department is pretty good...glad to see everything turned out ok. Keep an eye out for me...I'll be in your car's identical twin.

Ryan
Old 10-16-2003, 10:03 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by cwtryan
Hey Fooman,

I'm in Erie...I take it you go to LECOM?? I also have a SSM TSX with ebony interior. Did you buy your TSX at Contemporary Motorcar? I have mixed feelings about their service department...my family has been buying cars from them for years. It sucks they are the only Acura dealership in the area. I've seen a SSM driving around town but never got a look at the driver. Roth service department is pretty good...glad to see everything turned out ok. Keep an eye out for me...I'll be in your car's identical twin.

Ryan
Were you the guy I saw this afternoon at the dealer? Today was the first time I saw another SSM in person. The other 2 TSX that I've seen were both CG. Maybe I'll see you around. Are you in school too or working?

And yes I go to LECOM. And I'm pleased with the service department -- talk to Patrick, he's cool. I'm going to send in my car sometime next week to get that squeak in the drivers side seat fixed. I also need to install the body kit when the weather warms up.
Old 10-17-2003, 07:50 AM
4th Gear

No, that wasn't me. Haven't been back for service yet...waiting for it's first oil change to have some things looked at.

So far in Erie, I've seen a silver, white and red TSX on the road. Not counting the black and CG TSXs on the dealer lot.

No, I'm not in school...I work at Carlson Travel on W. 8th St.

I've thought about the body kit and spoiler but with a leased car, not sure if I want to spend the money. I guess I could try and sell these additions when the lease was up.

Where were you when your accident took place?