Just ordered a TSX. Long 3 weeks ahead.

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Sile

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just ordered a TSX. Long 3 weeks ahead.

The car was built on 12/16. Carbon Gray, Ebony int. I was seriously looking at a Mazda 6 for a few months. Seeing the TSX immediately changed my mind. What are of your thoughts on the 6? The guys in the 6 club took it a bit personally to say the least when I posted. Check it out.
I'd like to also here your opinions on lease options. I have to make a choice between a 36 or 42 month lease option. Ill probably stick with the 42.

-John
Old 01-10-2004, 06:59 PM
Obnoxious Philadelphian

Re: Just ordered a TSX. Long 3 weeks ahead.

Originally posted by tsXgtp
The car was built on 12/16. Carbon Gray, Ebony int. I was seriously looking at a Mazda 6 for a few months. Seeing the TSX immediately changed my mind. What are of your thoughts on the 6? The guys in the 6 club took it a bit personally to say the least when I posted. Check it out.
I'd like to also here your opinions on lease options. I have to make a choice between a 36 or 42 month lease option. Ill probably stick with the 42.

-John
John, congrats on the new car!

It looks like your mazda6 thread started off pretty well, then turned south on page 2. That Stretch guy seems to have some personal vendetta against the TSX. I'm a bit surprised at the hostility of some of those posts, but you didn't expect a warm, loving response right?

I test drove the 6 and liked it. It would have been a lot cheaper than my tsx, but it felt cheaper also. While I was impressed with the test drive, I decided that I wanted an overall nicer car. I think the 6 is a great value and I would recommend it to anyone shopping that segment.
Old 01-10-2004, 07:11 PM
Cruisin' the Azine's

John,

I too cross-shopped the 6 and also Passat. In the end I came out with the TSX because of it's feature content (value), long term reliability/value projection and overall feel. The gas mileage is a plus for a car with such sporty demeanors. If I were in a lease I would probably stick with 36 months, but if you are looking to lower your monthly payments, going out to 42 could help. Don't go past 48 though.

I originally ordered a CG/EB that would take a month to get here, but changed my mind to NBP/PARCH. The "Black Pearl" arrives in 3 days!

Congrats!!
Old 01-10-2004, 07:55 PM
Intermediate

Congrats from another soon-to-be TSX owner! I read your post in the mazda forum and I have to say I have never seen such hostile people. You were just giving them your experience and they took it as though you were talking about their mother or something Anyway, enjoy your shiny new toy and have fun
Old 01-10-2004, 08:42 PM
Drifting

Received 364 Likes on 190 Posts
Congratulations! I was also considering the Mazda6, until I found out about the rust issue... that just turned me off completely and I am very glad that I got the TSX in the end! Still, the Mazda6 was a very nice car - I loved the sporty handling and the smoothness of the V6. Having said that, I heard that the Mazda6 V6 is rather thirsty for gas and I didn't like that... anyway, it's really great car and the pricing was very competitive!
Old 01-10-2004, 11:21 PM
Sile

Thanks for the support, I needed it after that train wreck of a post lol. I didnt know what to expect nor do I really care. I was really happy with the feel of the TSX and thought I'd share on how much it changed my mind.
Old 01-11-2004, 12:41 AM
Racer

It's surprising-- I've seen maybe 3-5 threads by people who were gonna get either the 6 or the TSX, even though they're very different cars with different markets. In fact, I myself considered the 6. I never test drove it, but the performance on paper and sweet exterior really tempted me before I started looking at more expensive cars. Even after I bought my TSX, I kept thinking "what if" every time I saw a TSX on the road. The only real sore spot was the cheap interior.

Since I hang out on Honda/TSX boards more, I mostly hear from ones who ended up with the TSX, like me.

I enjoy the TSX's interior and navigation enough that I'm glad I went with the TSX, but I still "what if" over the RX-8 sometimes.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:58 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn you..I'm jealous. Can't wait to be in your shoes!!! Meanwhile, I'll also add that I-like many others- test drove the Mazda 6. I will not buy it for three good reasons:
1. No navigation (a big one for me)
2. "Mazda" doesn't say "luxury" for me. My purchase of an Acura (when I finally get it ) will be a symbol of success. The Honda-Acura name is one I trust, as well.
3. I heard the word "Ford" associated with Mazda.

So, there it is in a nutshell and I'm sure a lot of people here will agree. Congats on the new baby (car)!!
Old 01-12-2004, 11:37 PM
Racer

That's weird, though, don't you think? The Mazda 3 and RX-8 both have navigation.
Old 01-12-2004, 11:45 PM
Sile

That's weird, though, don't you think? The Mazda 3 and RX-8 both have navigation.
And the 3 has hid's. I dont get it either. Ty Sara, Ford makes their engines btw. Surprisingly I dont think any of the reported problems have to do with that!