Just leased an '08 TSX w/ Navi - love it!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2007, 08:47 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Just leased an '08 TSX w/ Navi - love it!

Last week I traded in my Scion tC for a Sliver TSX w/ Quartz interior. Unfortunately, I only got to drive it for a couple of days before I had to travel and can't wait to get pack and put some miles on it.

First thing I plan to do when I get back is to see if I can figure out the Live Traffic thing. I also want to see if there is any way for me to sync my Address book and Calendar between my blackberry 8830 and the car nav. Anyone have any ideas?

Finally, I got a 3.5mm cable to hook up the iPod, and that works great, but I am looking for a way to control the iPod while it sits in my armrest. Ideally, I want to take the dock and mount it where the non-asktray is - such that the audio and power wires are all concealed, and I can just open the tray and plop the iPod in. But maybe that's too much to ask for

Only mod I plan to do is the TL switchblade key, if I can. Other than that, I love the car stock!

Did it take you folks a while to get used to the voice commands? I am getting there, but not quite there yet. I gave this girl a ride the other day, and did the whole "what time is it" command, and the car and this chick both said the time at the same time - it was cool.

Anyway - glad to finally be part of the Acura family.
Old 08-28-2007, 09:05 PM
Racer

Congratulations!! You will love it.
Old 08-28-2007, 10:17 PM
Instructor

I am also in the market for an 08 TSX w/ navi. Would you mind telling me the lease deal you got?
Old 08-29-2007, 07:13 AM
Advanced

I ended up getting a pretty damn good deal IMO.. 3K down/36 months/10K miles/$373/mth for Navi/Full Kit including Spoiler. Invoice ended up being around 30K. Not a bad deal at all. Only $30 more per month than my 05' and a hell of a lot more options BTW, this was a lease..
Old 08-29-2007, 07:48 AM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
Originally Posted by tsxcited
Last week I traded in my Scion tC for a Sliver TSX w/ Quartz interior. Unfortunately, I only got to drive it for a couple of days before I had to travel and can't wait to get pack and put some miles on it.

First thing I plan to do when I get back is to see if I can figure out the Live Traffic thing. I also want to see if there is any way for me to sync my Address book and Calendar between my blackberry 8830 and the car nav. Anyone have any ideas?

Finally, I got a 3.5mm cable to hook up the iPod, and that works great, but I am looking for a way to control the iPod while it sits in my armrest. Ideally, I want to take the dock and mount it where the non-asktray is - such that the audio and power wires are all concealed, and I can just open the tray and plop the iPod in. But maybe that's too much to ask for

Only mod I plan to do is the TL switchblade key, if I can. Other than that, I love the car stock!

Did it take you folks a while to get used to the voice commands? I am getting there, but not quite there yet. I gave this girl a ride the other day, and did the whole "what time is it" command, and the car and this chick both said the time at the same time - it was cool.

i was thinking of getting a tl switchblade key until i had use of a tl as a loaner car. was very disappointed with it. It was kinda awkward to use since I am left-handed. if it came with the car I would get used to it but I would never pay extra for it. from what I read unless you know someone that can program it, it is not that cheap but it can be done. my 06 tsx is stock and I have no plans for mods-love it the way it came. enjoy
Old 08-29-2007, 09:36 AM
Team Owner

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Old 08-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Pro

Live Traffic? 08 TSX NAV does traffic updates?
Old 08-29-2007, 04:17 PM
4th Gear

I think I ended up getting a better lease deal than I previously thought.

Mine included a trade-in with negative equity (why do they even call it that!). So my trade in meant that I had to take a hit of $1,500. So I here was my deal.

$1,500 total down, $399/month, 12k miles/year, 36 months, ~19k res at the end.

The one thing that I've learned when car lease shopping is that ever $1000 you put down cuts your monthly payments by about $30/month. Whether you put more down and bring your payments down, or put less down and pay more per month is your call.

If you consider the fact that I allegedly had negative equity of $1,500 and that's what I landed up paying down total (first months payment included), then I essentially got the car w/ Nav for $0 down for $399/month. Again, this is a '08 so the lease specials are better simply because when your lease is up, the car is a model year newer than the '07's.

For those in the New England area, I think Acura of Boston has got to be the best dealer I have ever dealt with. The sales guy was awesome, not pushy at all - and wanted to make the deal without the back-and-forth from the managers office.

I test drove 6 to 7 cars in roughly the same price range and the lease prices really ranged from the low 3's to the mid 5's for the similar MSRP. What it comes down to is how well the car is going to hold it's value. That is the reason that Acura's (and Honda's for that matter) are a great lease - they don't mind taking the car back from you at the end of the lease, because they know it's worth more.

I have read in other posts that the '08 TSX *may* support traffic updates. I have not been able to confirm this yet.

Cheers.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
The TSX is the only nav model Acura that doesn't have Nav Traffic. That's not to say it can't be modded to use it. But no, it does NOT come from the factory with Nav Traffic.
Old 10-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats!
Old 10-15-2007, 12:54 PM
Advanced

I got an 08 too. The car was supposed to come with a 6 Disc CD Changer that plays MP3s as per the brochure and press release. It did not. It was a "mistake" as per Acura Client Relations. They refuse to provide either a 6 Disc CD Changer that plays MP3s or an Ipod with USA Spec that would let me control the Ipod through the dashboard controls of the steering wheel controls. Using an Ipod in the aux jack and trying to switch songs by looking down at the Ipod is unsafe. So, I've taken it to my local news stations for round 2. Will see what they have to say about Acura's false advertising. Other than that I love the car. Also have silver minus the Navi.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:02 PM
Banned

You realy think the local news is going to care that a luxury car buyer was mislead into believing his in dash 6 disk changer played MP3s? Think hard about that for a minute.
Old 10-15-2007, 01:03 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
I think I ended up getting a better lease deal than I previously thought.

Mine included a trade-in with negative equity (why do they even call it that!). So my trade in meant that I had to take a hit of $1,500. So I here was my deal.

$1,500 total down, $399/month, 12k miles/year, 36 months, ~19k res at the end.

The one thing that I've learned when car lease shopping is that ever $1000 you put down cuts your monthly payments by about $30/month. Whether you put more down and bring your payments down, or put less down and pay more per month is your call.

If you consider the fact that I allegedly had negative equity of $1,500 and that's what I landed up paying down total (first months payment included), then I essentially got the car w/ Nav for $0 down for $399/month. Again, this is a '08 so the lease specials are better simply because when your lease is up, the car is a model year newer than the '07's.

For those in the New England area, I think Acura of Boston has got to be the best dealer I have ever dealt with. The sales guy was awesome, not pushy at all - and wanted to make the deal without the back-and-forth from the managers office.

I test drove 6 to 7 cars in roughly the same price range and the lease prices really ranged from the low 3's to the mid 5's for the similar MSRP. What it comes down to is how well the car is going to hold it's value. That is the reason that Acura's (and Honda's for that matter) are a great lease - they don't mind taking the car back from you at the end of the lease, because they know it's worth more.

I have read in other posts that the '08 TSX *may* support traffic updates. I have not been able to confirm this yet.

Cheers.
in addition to that for every $l,000 you put down on your lease might make the payments lower but you lose that if the car is totaled. if you take out a car loan the more you put down the lower the payment. I drive approx 30,000 miles a year so leasing is not practicle for me. the tsx does not have real time traffic on the nav. the xm radio has it for certain areas- try to put down as little as possible when leasing.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:46 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wackura
You realy think the local news is going to care that a luxury car buyer was mislead into believing his in dash 6 disk changer played MP3s? Think hard about that for a minute.
In the NYC market taking on big companies? A resounding YES.
Old 10-15-2007, 03:49 PM
Banned

It's just that is seems very trivial in the eyes of others. We're not talking about Big Insurance denying chemo for children with Lukemia.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:35 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by wackura
It's just that is seems very trivial in the eyes of others. We're not talking about Big Insurance denying chemo for children with Lukemia.
Trivial is when you're a dumb ass and put a cup of coffee between your legs after buying a cup at McDonalds and spilling it all over your crotch and then suing McDonalds saying the coffee was too hot.... That's a trivial lawsuit. And the woman won!

I'd say this would be more along the lines of the lawsuit against Apple where people sued because the battery life didn't last as long as it was stated. In this case, the car isn't coming with equipment that it was advertised as coming with. That's false advertising, error or not. One thing to screw up the brochure with completely false information. Another thing to add to that if you have a press release to the media stating the car comes with something it doesn't.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:57 PM
Instructor

welcum to the familia
Old 10-16-2007, 11:17 AM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by KidQwik
Trivial is when you're a dumb ass and put a cup of coffee between your legs after buying a cup at McDonalds and spilling it all over your crotch and then suing McDonalds saying the coffee was too hot.... That's a trivial lawsuit. And the woman won!

I'd say this would be more along the lines of the lawsuit against Apple where people sued because the battery life didn't last as long as it was stated. In this case, the car isn't coming with equipment that it was advertised as coming with. That's false advertising, error or not. One thing to screw up the brochure with completely false information. Another thing to add to that if you have a press release to the media stating the car comes with something it doesn't.
Dude, you need a hobby if this really does bug you. There are alot more important things in life than to worry about little things like this. Why waste your time? Are you going to get the news involved again after you dyno the car and find out it might have only 203hp instead of 205?
Old 10-16-2007, 02:58 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by White92
Dude, you need a hobby if this really does bug you. There are alot more important things in life than to worry about little things like this. Why waste your time? Are you going to get the news involved again after you dyno the car and find out it might have only 203hp instead of 205?
Nah. I don't care about 2 hps. But I do care about the fact I could have put 6 CDs that held 600 or more songs in MP3 format that I'd be able to play without an Ipod attached and being able to go through songs by using the steering wheel controls or the dash controls. Compared to having 6 CDs that only play Audio CDs with about 120 songs and if I wanted more I'd have to attach an Ipod and not be able to move through the songs with the remote or dash control and have to look down at the Ipod and to do that which is not safe or spend an additional $150 on a USA Spec to get the car to be able to use the remote controls... Plus the cost of the Ipod... $200... I didn't get what I paid for. As what was advertised coming with the car in the brochure and Press Release. And the fact most cheaper cars (see 2008 Civic, 2008 Scion Tc, etc) come standard with MP3 playing CD players...
This is much more than 2 HPs to me... Also the fact Acura pretty much could care less that they falsely advertised the 2008 TSX and aren't doing anything about it in their advertising and making up to the customers they misled for a $350 fixed on a $30k car.. It's all about the principle at this point for me. :-)
Old 10-18-2007, 09:42 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by KidQwik
Nah. I don't care about 2 hps. But I do care about the fact I could have put 6 CDs that held 600 or more songs in MP3 format that I'd be able to play without an Ipod attached and being able to go through songs by using the steering wheel controls or the dash controls. Compared to having 6 CDs that only play Audio CDs with about 120 songs and if I wanted more I'd have to attach an Ipod and not be able to move through the songs with the remote or dash control and have to look down at the Ipod and to do that which is not safe or spend an additional $150 on a USA Spec to get the car to be able to use the remote controls... Plus the cost of the Ipod... $200... I didn't get what I paid for. As what was advertised coming with the car in the brochure and Press Release. And the fact most cheaper cars (see 2008 Civic, 2008 Scion Tc, etc) come standard with MP3 playing CD players...
This is much more than 2 HPs to me... Also the fact Acura pretty much could care less that they falsely advertised the 2008 TSX and aren't doing anything about it in their advertising and making up to the customers they misled for a $350 fixed on a $30k car.. It's all about the principle at this point for me. :-)
I'm glad to see someone stand up for themselves when they had been wronged. Its better than sitting on your ass and doing nothing, or worse yet, bashing someone who is. Before I got my car a couple weeks ago, I surfed the Acura site, and the brochure and was excited about the MP3 feature, as well as the real-time traffic displayed on the site. I was disappointed when I actually got the car a found out two of the features advertised did not exist.

Stick up for what you believe in.