heres a couple examples of the tl's

$29,800.00

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=5333

$30,105.00
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...&category=5333
Old 02-03-2004, 11:19 PM
04 remembrance

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awesome deal, i paid 25,500 for non-navi 6mt.

got slapped with 6% nj tax, made a downpayment of 5000, and financed for 5 years at a rate of 4.9%

man, i should've brought the dumb piece of paper as well, hah, oh well.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:44 PM
Intermediate

Hey guys, been awhile since i lasted posted but i took the car to florida for a short vacation with my wife. Man do i love the ride and the music system ! Though the only complaint i have is that when i crack my window when it rains the water drips into the inside of the car. So now i'm debateing weather or not to get those "Wind Deflectors" for the side windows. Any body got em? And how do they look ? By the way i crack my windows becuase i'm a smoker. Pitty me hehe..
Old 02-04-2004, 03:46 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by STC
How much did u pay for that window etching? You got raped on that.

I think it was around $300.00:'(
Old 02-04-2004, 03:53 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by TSXhopefull
so is it possible to get a great deal, ie: $1,500 off msrp, if you pay full in cash. Not allowing the dealer to make money off financing or trade in
Ohh by the way ! I told a co-worker about my great deal and he went to the same dealer to get the same deal i did and it worked again ! He just mentioned my name and asked for the same offer.
But what the dealer didn't know was that he had the cash to pay for the car in FULL. He got a great deal ! He didn't get no options like window thief and the other options. He made out very good in my opinon.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:57 PM
'12 TL (prev '04 TSX 6MT)

Originally posted by Klisp
I think it was around $300.00:'(
Yeah, my local PD here (in south FL) does window etching for free. Sounds like it was $300 pure profit for the dealer. You still got a good deal on the car, though.
Old 02-04-2004, 03:59 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by shields728
hey guys, i finally got my tsx a few days ago. i wound up paying 2k less than msrp. i did however get the winter mats, spash guards, and wheel locks thrown in for free. I saw that kenny (the guy who started this thread) got his tsx for about 500 less than me so i was a little upset. So, then i called wayne acura where kenny got his and used them as leverage, they were willing to go like 300 below my dealer, i had no intenion of going to jersey especially since i was suppose to pick up the car in 6hrs. i called my dealer told him i got a better deal elsewhere and he said what do you want, being in new york and with all the snow we have been having i just wanted the mats, being greedy i asked for the whole sport package and 5 minutes later i got a call back saying they could do that. i knew he was going to do it, it was the end of the month and they already had the car detailed, they had no other choice.

so, my advice is to shop around, find the best deal you can,you can even go as far as giving the deposit they can always refund it (make sure you use a credit card, its easier to refund) then after you make the deal, call a few other dealers, don't waste your time going to visit, tell them what your deal is and ask if they can beat it, odds are they can. Finally, go back to your dealer and let them know of your better deal, tell them some bullshit that you really want the car from them but you don't want to short change yourself, while they might not budge on the price, i am sure they will throw in some extras

after 3 days with the car i am in love, its great, i have been all smiles since i got it
OMG what a sweet deal ! Congrats my friend ! hope you like the ride ! i know i do
Old 02-04-2004, 04:00 PM
Intermediate

Thanks Count Blah !
Old 02-04-2004, 04:06 PM
Intermediate

Re: Acura Pricing

Originally posted by FatCash35
I dont know if that deal is as good as you think.

I am a car salesman and the state I live in its against the law to sell window etch. It is a scam.

They sell you that to make up for the discount. Also if you financed the vehicle they may have made "back end" finance profit as well.

I purchased my TSX from a local dealer for $25,035.00 cash + tax.
I found that in larger markets (New York, Chicago) they will discount vehicles more than others just tell them you can get $2k off from a local dealer "can you beat that or match it with an in stock vehicle??"

The cheapest new Acuras I have found are from Curry Acura in New York. They discount huge$$$ TL's & TSX's
Hummm....Since i financed the car for 5 years. If i pay it off in like for example 3 years do i get to lower that 3,000$ finance charge ?
Cuase i won't be paying for 5 years. i'll be paying for 3 years. What you think ?
Old 02-04-2004, 04:20 PM
Have camera, will travel

If you effectively shorten the term of the loan by paying it off early, you will save money on finance charges. If you pay off a 5 year loan in 3 years, you will pay no where near $3000.00 in finance charges.

Johnny
Old 02-04-2004, 05:13 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by waTSX
If you effectively shorten the term of the loan by paying it off early, you will save money on finance charges. If you pay off a 5 year loan in 3 years, you will pay no where near $3000.00 in finance charges.

Johnny
Thx for the quick reply waTSX ! I feel better now.
Old 02-05-2004, 02:41 PM
rb1
Suzuka Master

Note that a car purchased less than a certain amount of time ago (typically 30 days but this may vary) can be refinanced as new. So if you got a lousy financing deal (not a lease), you can just turn around refinance it with the bank of your choice.
Old 02-07-2004, 06:40 PM
Baka Unco

I just got home with a new Premium White Pearl TSX. 5spd AT, Non-navi. Paid $25,750 plus doc fees.

Went down to one dealer and didn't enjoy the experience. Sales guy wasn't happy about us wanting to get a good deal. Was upset because we wanted to pay in the $25k range. Told us point blank that his comission would suck off a sale like that. Then he said that their cost was $25,950 some BS like that, asked him why it cost the dealer more than the invoice and he just shrugged his shoulders. We had offers from a couple of dealers for less, but they kept playing numbers games with us so we left. They even tried to tell us that there was stuff on the car that actually wasn't (like mudflaps and side molding). Tried calling again this morning and talking to somebody else, but they played same game, but they didn't claim the extra stuff was there, just their vin etching & protection package.

The guy where we ended up buying treated us like people buying a luxury car not like people wasting their time. Basically made deal by email and 2 phone calls. I'd heard bad things about this dealer (like quoting one price and then changing) but he confirmed 3 separate times and even quoted the total out the door. Got there and everything was exactly as he claimed. Was very happy about that and like I said he treated us the way a customer should be treated.

First dealer kept saying that they'd treat us right, but it never felt that way while we were there.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:12 AM
Cruisin'

Sorry i took so long to write this but here is my responce

Here is what my friend asked me to do.

blah, blah, blah, He then wrote me up for the price i asked plus the destination charge it came out to 24,691.
Wow, that's word for word the exact same story I read in an article on a web site not 3 days ago! Only the car wasn't a TSX. What a coincidence, huh? Gee, if you hadn't copied the story word for word, I might have even believed you for one second............
Old 02-16-2004, 12:37 PM
Intermediate

Originally posted by adamtaylor
Wow, that's word for word the exact same story I read in an article on a web site not 3 days ago! Only the car wasn't a TSX. What a coincidence, huh? Gee, if you hadn't copied the story word for word, I might have even believed you for one second............
I think your confused. This might the other way around and the website copied my story. But beleave it or not i got the car for that price. Kewl ehh ?
Old 02-16-2004, 05:54 PM
Cruisin'

I think your confused. This might the other way around and the website copied my story. But beleave it or not i got the car for that price. Kewl ehh ?
Well, that may be true, but someone is definately borrowing someone else's story because it's word for word. The only thing different was the car and the price. If I can scare it up again, I'll be sure to show you.
Old 02-17-2004, 08:08 AM
Intermediate

Originally posted by adamtaylor
Well, that may be true, but someone is definately borrowing someone else's story because it's word for word. The only thing different was the car and the price. If I can scare it up again, I'll be sure to show you.

I feel honored to be plagiarized. Thanks